Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A huge game tomorrow against the Aussies, how will we fare? 15:41 - Jun 24 with 2338 viewschristiand

Weather permitting of course!!

No Roy, he’s still ruled out. How do we think England will do? We need a reaction after the poor display against Sri Lanka, but the Aussies it appears are starting to get that golden juggernaut rolling. They are looking very decent with bat and ball.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2019 15:42]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

A huge game tomorrow against the Aussies, how will we fare? on 15:55 - Jun 24 with 2310 viewsIpswichKnight

Not going to curse this as i'm going tomorrow, I think the Aussies are a very good team while Starc, Smith and Warner are fine upstanding gentleman and cricketers.
A huge game tomorrow against the Aussies, how will we fare? on 16:14 - Jun 24 with 2283 viewschristiand

A huge game tomorrow against the Aussies, how will we fare? on 15:55 - Jun 24 by IpswichKnight

Not going to curse this as i'm going tomorrow, I think the Aussies are a very good team while Starc, Smith and Warner are fine upstanding gentleman and cricketers.

I can see what you're doing IpswichKnight, no booing either!! Have a great day, should be an amazing occasion. Fingers crossed for an England victory, just love beating that lot from down under!
[Post edited 24 Jun 2019 16:18]

A huge game tomorrow against the Aussies, how will we fare? on 16:21 - Jun 24 with 2259 viewsyorkshireblue

A huge game tomorrow against the Aussies, how will we fare? on 15:55 - Jun 24 by IpswichKnight

I was at the game on Friday (and SL vs WI on Saturday).

General feeling was that the England players went into the game complacent - and that continued throughout the game. I don't think that will be an issue tomorrow.

For what it's worth, the new South Stand at Headingley is great.
A huge game tomorrow against the Aussies, how will we fare? on 16:23 - Jun 24 with 2252 viewsBigManBlue

We have to bat first and go sensibly. If we're chasing I think the quicks will do for us.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

A huge game tomorrow against the Aussies, how will we fare? on 16:27 - Jun 24 with 2244 viewsHerbivore

We will lose, which is a shame as I'm going to be there.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

A huge game tomorrow against the Aussies, how will we fare? on 17:11 - Jun 24 with 2200 viewshampstead_blue

The Aussies are muddled with their batting.
Khawaja and Smith are up and down like oiled knickers.
Maxwell hasn't done anything.

Carey is the danger. He looks a proper player.

I think we will win.

Our weakness is Vince. A show pony. He was discussed on TMS recently and the view was that he just needs to get past 40 a couple of times and he will kick on.....I'd lock him in a room with my hero, Boycott, until he has grown a set.

Can't wait!

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

A huge game tomorrow against the Aussies, how will we fare? on 17:21 - Jun 24 with 2184 viewschristiand

A huge game tomorrow against the Aussies, how will we fare? on 17:11 - Jun 24 by hampstead_blue

The Aussies are muddled with their batting.
Khawaja and Smith are up and down like oiled knickers.
Maxwell hasn't done anything.

Carey is the danger. He looks a proper player.

I think we will win.

Our weakness is Vince. A show pony. He was discussed on TMS recently and the view was that he just needs to get past 40 a couple of times and he will kick on.....I'd lock him in a room with my hero, Boycott, until he has grown a set.

Can't wait!

Their batting looks very decent to me all the way down to Cummins. Although Starc and Cummins are match winners with the ball in hand and Stonis bowled a very good spell against Bangladesh, I'm not overly convinced by Zampa, Maxwell and Coulter-Nile. I think we can get after that little lot. Seems like the ideal game for the English team to get the Sri Lankan game out of their system.

Looks like Bangladesh are strangling Afghanistan into submission, then only a point behind us in the table and 'IF' we lose tomorrow that opens the door ajar both for Sri Lanka and Bangladesh to get a sniff of that 4th qualifying spot!

A huge game tomorrow against the Aussies, how will we fare? on 18:19 - Jun 24 with 2157 viewsvapour_trail

A huge game tomorrow against the Aussies, how will we fare? on 17:21 - Jun 24 by christiand

Their batting looks very decent to me all the way down to Cummins. Although Starc and Cummins are match winners with the ball in hand and Stonis bowled a very good spell against Bangladesh, I'm not overly convinced by Zampa, Maxwell and Coulter-Nile. I think we can get after that little lot. Seems like the ideal game for the English team to get the Sri Lankan game out of their system.

Looks like Bangladesh are strangling Afghanistan into submission, then only a point behind us in the table and 'IF' we lose tomorrow that opens the door ajar both for Sri Lanka and Bangladesh to get a sniff of that 4th qualifying spot!

Agree with all of that.

Tough one to call tomorrow. A win would be massive for either team.

Bangladesh continue to impress. Really good side to watch. They have Pakistan and India to come, definitely in the mix.

Very jealous of anyone going to lords tomorrow. Enjoy!

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Login to get fewer ads

A huge game tomorrow against the Aussies, how will we fare? on 21:44 - Jun 24 with 2091 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I was very confident before the start of the tournament but that defeat to Pakistan and failing to get over the line against Sri Lanka means we really need to win one of these last 3 and suddenly I am less confident about it. The rules are such that finishing 3rd or 4th mean a semi final washout will knock us out too.

Right now I would take a washout tomorrow for a point each.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

A huge game tomorrow against the Aussies, how will we fare? on 22:29 - Jun 24 with 2055 viewsCoastalblue

I've got form here, so what I will say is that the Aussies are peaking nicely and will teach us a humiliating lesson at the home of Cricket tomorrow.

I got offered a ticket for tomorrow and can't go, absolutely gutted.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

A huge game tomorrow against the Aussies, how will we fare? on 00:36 - Jun 25 with 1996 viewsRyorry

... and my name's The Princess Royal!

Hope you have a great day :)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

A huge game tomorrow against the Aussies, how will we fare? on 01:44 - Jun 25 with 1982 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Doesn’t matter - no one will beat India

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

A huge game tomorrow against the Aussies, how will we fare? on 03:11 - Jun 25 with 1972 viewsjimmyvet

A huge game tomorrow against the Aussies, how will we fare? on 17:21 - Jun 24 by christiand

How many of the Aussie team would get in current England team? Maybe 2 or 3 tops if we play to our potential we will beat them comprehensively however we may not play well and Australia always do well in tournaments annoyingly.
A huge game tomorrow against the Aussies, how will we fare? on 06:02 - Jun 25 with 1941 viewswkj

Upon early inspection, the rain might have something to say about this taking place unfortunately.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

A huge game tomorrow against the Aussies, how will we fare? on 06:52 - Jun 25 with 1902 viewsBloomBlue

Weather might be ok. It was fully Marti Pellow in the east of London earlier but has moved off towards the north, now its cloudy but humid
A huge game tomorrow against the Aussies, how will we fare? on 07:05 - Jun 25 with 1895 viewschristiand

A huge game tomorrow against the Aussies, how will we fare? on 03:11 - Jun 25 by jimmyvet

How many of the Aussie team would get in current England team? Maybe 2 or 3 tops if we play to our potential we will beat them comprehensively however we may not play well and Australia always do well in tournaments annoyingly.

That's a really good question Jimmyvet. I'd certainly have Warner, Smith, Cummins and Starc in, but at the expense of who? Their wicketkeeper Carey looks like a lad full of potential with the gloves and the bat, but I wouldn't have him in ahead of Buttler just yet. Could he be Adam Gilchrist MKII? I'd have to think about that question carefully. Just a few names off the dome for consideration.

A huge game tomorrow against the Aussies, how will we fare? on 08:28 - Jun 25 with 1850 viewsCoastalblue

A huge game tomorrow against the Aussies, how will we fare? on 06:52 - Jun 25 by BloomBlue

Weather might be ok. It was fully Marti Pellow in the east of London earlier but has moved off towards the north, now its cloudy but humid

East London is clearing nicely now, still cloudy but looking a lot less threatening.

The conditions in the atmosphere would lead you to believe that the ball could be doing all sorts today though. Would be a fascinating day for the first day of a Test at Lords or the Oval.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

A huge game tomorrow against the Aussies, how will we fare? on 09:38 - Jun 25 with 1827 viewsYashpal

I think England`s chances of winning the CWC have been somewhat exaggerated. So far we have beaten Afghanistan, Bangladesh, an erratic and somewhat sub standard Windies and the worst South African side in living memory. India look the real deal to me, but hopefully the next three games will prove me wrong.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024