Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our politics (and society for that matter)... 17:34 - Jun 24 with 7735 viewsSpruceMoose

...seem utterly broken, and nobody seems to know how to fix it.

Anyone on here feel like they would be bothered by a Muslim PM?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/24/tory-members-would-not-want-mus
[Post edited 24 Jun 2019 17:37]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 17:38 - Jun 24 with 2332 viewsDanTheMan

No, nor any other religion for that matter.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 17:39 - Jun 24 with 2320 viewsBloomBlue

No not bothered.
Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 17:40 - Jun 24 with 2320 viewsBlueBadger

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 17:38 - Jun 24 by DanTheMan

I wouldn't mind a religious person from one of the Big Three as long as they actually lives their premiership according to some vague understanding of that whole 'be excellent to one another' thing that they essentially boil down to.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 17:41 - Jun 24 with 2319 viewsSpruceMoose

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 17:38 - Jun 24 by DanTheMan

I wonder whether those surveyed were more bothered by the religion, or the assumed brown-ness of the holder.

Probably a little from column A, a little from Column B.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 17:41 - Jun 24 with 2315 viewshampstead_blue

I'd prefer all religion to be scrapped.
At best it's fairy tales and worst it's people whom murder in the name of......

I find them laughable.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 17:42 - Jun 24 with 2314 viewsBlueBadger

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 17:41 - Jun 24 by SpruceMoose

I wonder whether those surveyed were more bothered by the religion, or the assumed brown-ness of the holder.

'The YouGov poll found 76% of members think the party is already doing “all it reasonably can” to combat Islamophobia and racism, and only 15% feel it should be doing more.'

Where have we read something similar to that before in recent times?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 17:42 - Jun 24 with 2313 viewsSpruceMoose

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 17:42 - Jun 24 by BlueBadger

'The YouGov poll found 76% of members think the party is already doing “all it reasonably can” to combat Islamophobia and racism, and only 15% feel it should be doing more.'

Where have we read something similar to that before in recent times?

Hmmm I wonder...

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 17:45 - Jun 24 with 2309 viewsbluefunk

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 17:41 - Jun 24 by SpruceMoose

In a thread not so long ago, you said you wouldn’t like a prime minister who was religious (I’m paraphrasing)

So it’s those others who are prejudiced, eh
Login to get fewer ads

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 17:47 - Jun 24 with 2293 viewsSpruceMoose

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 17:45 - Jun 24 by bluefunk

In a thread not so long ago, you said you wouldn’t like a prime minister who was religious (I’m paraphrasing)

You're quite correct. I would prefer a PM to have no religion, based on religion being rather silly.

But as I said, I'm wondering whether the issue is the religion, or the assumed brown-ness of the person for these Conservatives.

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 17:51 - Jun 24 with 2280 viewsbluefunk

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 17:47 - Jun 24 by SpruceMoose

You're quite correct. I would prefer a PM to have no religion, based on religion being rather silly.

But as I said, I'm wondering whether the issue is the religion, or the assumed brown-ness of the person for these Conservatives.

So not prejudiced in any way against people you don’t like, ah, I get it. What about Conservatives of colour?
Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 17:53 - Jun 24 with 2274 viewsSpruceMoose

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 17:51 - Jun 24 by bluefunk

So not prejudiced in any way against people you don’t like, ah, I get it. What about Conservatives of colour?

Pardon?

I'm interested in what bothers them more - the religion or ethnicity. Call me cynical, but I would have to guess that it was a little of both.

I have no issue with anyone of any ethnicity being PM. I'd just prefer them to have a worldview based on rationality rather than made up stories. Please feel free to point out the problem there.

x

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 17:53 - Jun 24 with 2274 viewsBloomBlue

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 17:47 - Jun 24 by SpruceMoose

Maybe you could email the guardian and suggest the next time they ask such a question they should ask a second question about is because of religion or colour and then you would have your answer.
Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 17:54 - Jun 24 with 2270 viewsSpruceMoose

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 17:53 - Jun 24 by BloomBlue

Maybe you could email the guardian and suggest the next time they ask such a question they should ask a second question about is because of religion or colour and then you would have your answer.

Maybe you should read the article and learn that it isn't a guardian poll, you utter clown.

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 18:02 - Jun 24 with 2237 viewsHerbivore

It's a shame really that whilst Tory policies were killing 120,000 vulnerable people their 160,000 members continued to harbour their unique brand of ignorant bigotry.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 18:05 - Jun 24 with 2227 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Society isn't broken.

Don't let the media get you down.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 18:07 - Jun 24 with 2228 viewsSpruceMoose

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 18:05 - Jun 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

Society isn't broken.

Don't let the media get you down.

Please tell us more. I'd like a little optimism.

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 18:09 - Jun 24 with 2216 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 17:45 - Jun 24 by bluefunk

Agreed.

By default, if Spruce took part in that survey... if he was being truthful then Spruce would have answered the same way as those very MP's that he is criticising.

Maybe Spruce is broken?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 18:10 - Jun 24 with 2218 viewsFtnfwest

Whereas I bet the members of the governing party in Iran would gladly accept a Christian pm
Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 18:12 - Jun 24 with 2202 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 18:07 - Jun 24 by SpruceMoose

Please tell us more. I'd like a little optimism.

You've been listening to Herb too much.

If you're naturally a pessimist, then I can't do too much to help you.

But you've used one link, and extrapolated the results of one survey to conclude that society is broken.

I feel for you brother.

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 18:19 - Jun 24 with 2177 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 18:12 - Jun 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

But you've used one link, and extrapolated the results of one survey to conclude that society is broken.

I feel for you brother.

Thanks for the downvote Herb. That completes the circle nicely.

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 18:26 - Jun 24 with 2170 viewsSpruceMoose

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 18:12 - Jun 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

I feel for you brother.

Well, I'm afraid that's a swing and a miss. See, you're making the assumption that my opinion that society is broken is based solely on the article I've linked to.

Ouch. Pretty embarrassing for you seeing as you decide to leap in with maximum condescension. I feel feel for you, sister.

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 18:27 - Jun 24 with 2159 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 18:26 - Jun 24 by SpruceMoose

Well, I'm afraid that's a swing and a miss. See, you're making the assumption that my opinion that society is broken is based solely on the article I've linked to.

Ouch. Pretty embarrassing for you seeing as you decide to leap in with maximum condescension. I feel feel for you, sister.

Nice try.... Xx

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 18:29 - Jun 24 with 2157 viewsSpruceMoose

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 18:27 - Jun 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

Nice try.... Xx

As ever, the people can read the posts, and as ever, they will determine that you've made a bit of an arse of yourself

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 18:30 - Jun 24 with 2156 viewsSpruceMoose

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 18:10 - Jun 24 by Ftnfwest

Whereas I bet the members of the governing party in Iran would gladly accept a Christian pm

What kind of dunderheaded response is that? I assumed we were aiming to be the best country we can be, not just 'better than Iran'.

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 18:32 - Jun 24 with 2141 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 18:29 - Jun 24 by SpruceMoose

As ever, the people can read the posts, and as ever, they will determine that you've made a bit of an arse of yourself

Unlikely.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024