Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bart - Millwall 11:12 - Jun 25 with 6170 viewsDecageBruce

I have been speaking to a good friend of mine, the Uncle of Tom Bradshaw (referenced in previous posts from last season when Tom was briefly linked o us).

His understanding of the Bart situation is that he indeed went there, all contracts agreed in principle but there was some late interest from another Champ club which turned his head. He knows no more on the specifics of that but it annoyed Millwall (and the players) a little. Deal not dead by any means (from what a player could know and would have told a relative) but may be some smoothing over to do from Bart if the other club doesn't officially come in
Bart - Millwall on 11:22 - Jun 25 with 5473 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Bart - Millwall on 11:41 - Jun 25 with 5182 viewsLKW15

Bart - Millwall on 11:22 - Jun 25 by BryanPlug

maybe this supposed other interested club offered more and ME asked millwall to match it?
Bart - Millwall on 11:44 - Jun 25 with 5149 viewsBLUEBEAT

Bart - Millwall on 11:41 - Jun 25 by LKW15

maybe this supposed other interested club offered more and ME asked millwall to match it?

and nothing wrong with that, if so

ITFC, in recent years, have built up a reputation for being a soft touch when it comes to moving players on

Poll: W or W

Bart - Millwall on 11:47 - Jun 25 with 5105 viewsKieran_Knows

Bart - Millwall on 11:41 - Jun 25 by LKW15

Interesting subject that. Was reading what the Peterborough chairman was saying the other day how he had agreed a fee with Oldham for a player, player was set to come in for talks only for Oldham to say they've received a higher offer from Rangers, and Peterborough needed to match it. However, he's always known it that once a fee is agreed, regardless of whether another club comes in with a higher offer, you then don't go back and ask for more (unwritten rule).

He said the same happened with Kayden Jackson last summer. Had an offer accepted for him, Town came in with a bigger offer but Accrington still let him speak to both clubs.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Bart - Millwall on 11:48 - Jun 25 with 5098 viewsTangledupin_Blue

An interesting read... our toilet dwelling cousins do seem to like a colourful turn of phrase to brighten up their drab existences.

What is 'cattle plating' btw?

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Bart - Millwall on 11:57 - Jun 25 with 4965 viewschicoazul

Bart - Millwall on 11:44 - Jun 25 by BLUEBEAT

and nothing wrong with that, if so

ITFC, in recent years, have built up a reputation for being a soft touch when it comes to moving players on

I'm not sure that's fair if so. We usually realise good fees when we do sell.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Bart - Millwall on 11:58 - Jun 25 with 4953 viewsBryanPlug

Bart - Millwall on 11:48 - Jun 25 by Tangledupin_Blue

An interesting read... our toilet dwelling cousins do seem to like a colourful turn of phrase to brighten up their drab existences.

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Bart - Millwall on 12:00 - Jun 25 with 4923 viewsIllinoisblue

I quite like their unrefined attitude. Good question on the cattle plating though

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Bart - Millwall on 12:01 - Jun 25 with 4902 viewsPositivelyPortman

There’s nowt like a bit of “cattle plating”. You’re really missing out.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Bart - Millwall on 12:06 - Jun 25 with 4834 viewsnodge_blue

Thats understandable. Bottom of the league championship side. Lump it football. You wouldnt be in a rush to go there if you had other options.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Bart - Millwall on 12:06 - Jun 25 with 4824 viewsitfcjoe

Wages surely? They can match his current L1 pay but if ITFC were to get promoted he’d be back on his Champ wage which is outside Millwalls budget.

Wouldn’t surprise me if it ends up a loan

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bart - Millwall on 12:07 - Jun 25 with 4822 viewsKieran_Knows

Failed his medical, apparently (could well be paper talk).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Bart - Millwall on 12:12 - Jun 25 with 4723 viewsSitfcB

Some nice words about us

No swear filter either!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Bart - Millwall on 12:17 - Jun 25 with 4660 viewsxrayspecs

Bart - Millwall on 11:47 - Jun 25 by Kieran_Knows

Interesting subject that. Was reading what the Peterborough chairman was saying the other day how he had agreed a fee with Oldham for a player, player was set to come in for talks only for Oldham to say they've received a higher offer from Rangers, and Peterborough needed to match it. However, he's always known it that once a fee is agreed, regardless of whether another club comes in with a higher offer, you then don't go back and ask for more (unwritten rule).

He said the same happened with Kayden Jackson last summer. Had an offer accepted for him, Town came in with a bigger offer but Accrington still let him speak to both clubs.

I would be surprised if we have moved the goal posts having accepted an offer.

More likely that another club has firmed up interest and Bart wants to explore that option before deciding. Moving to Millwall, a club who will be toward the bottom of L1 can not be an attractive option for him.
Bart - Millwall on 12:23 - Jun 25 with 4574 viewsSuperblue95

Bart - Millwall on 12:12 - Jun 25 by SitfcB

Some nice words about us

No swear filter either!

That KevRelles is certainly a character

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Bart - Millwall on 12:28 - Jun 25 with 4499 viewsACP84

Millwall fans - bell ends.

Think they are still upset about us sending them down... poor little lambs
Bart - Millwall on 12:36 - Jun 25 with 4388 viewsMrTown

Lambert says there is a huge chance Bart will be an ITFC player come the big kick off.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Bart - Millwall on 12:43 - Jun 25 with 4288 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

This must be a record.

Only taken an hour to prove this isn't true.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Bart - Millwall on 12:53 - Jun 25 with 4174 viewsDecageBruce

Bart - Millwall on 12:43 - Jun 25 by WarkTheWarkITFC

This must be a record.

Only taken an hour to prove this isn't true.

TBF there was no def info in my post. simply passing on a conversation I had had. Also mentioned that it was his 'understanding' and mentioned how much/little a player would know at the time. but hey ho .......
[Post edited 25 Jun 2019 12:54]
Bart - Millwall on 13:12 - Jun 25 with 3995 viewsfarkenhell

Bart - Millwall on 12:53 - Jun 25 by DecageBruce

TBF there was no def info in my post. simply passing on a conversation I had had. Also mentioned that it was his 'understanding' and mentioned how much/little a player would know at the time. but hey ho .......

...and let's be honest, the "failed medical" reason could be complete bullsh1t anyway.
Bart - Millwall on 13:15 - Jun 25 with 3957 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Bart - Millwall on 12:53 - Jun 25 by DecageBruce

As we know, the best made up def info is that which allows it to be proved wrong, with a caveat saying 'well it could actually be this'.

Not saying you've done that. Could be the person who has told you.

Can't see how a Millwall player would know a deal was off for a player because of a medical issue and know it was off, but assume it was off because of another bid that messed the club around, rather than a more logical explanation. But hey ho.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Bart - Millwall on 13:17 - Jun 25 with 3932 viewscatch74

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Bart - Millwall on 13:24 - Jun 25 with 3862 viewsSouperJim

Nice to see Milwall fans fulfilling their reputation for being a bunch of knuckle dragging utter cretins, particularly that kevrelles chap

Either Millwall tried it on due to a non-issue from his medical, or Bart's agent is at it again. He has previous. Can't blame Bart for wanting to do better than Millwall, what a hole.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Bart - Millwall on 13:51 - Jun 25 with 3724 viewsGeoffSentence

Bart - Millwall on 13:24 - Jun 25 by SouperJim

Nice to see Milwall fans fulfilling their reputation for being a bunch of knuckle dragging utter cretins, particularly that kevrelles chap

Either Millwall tried it on due to a non-issue from his medical, or Bart's agent is at it again. He has previous. Can't blame Bart for wanting to do better than Millwall, what a hole.

The relegation thing really kicks in when it turns out that we could lose one of our top players to Millwall. Fwcking Millwall!

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Bart - Millwall on 16:00 - Jun 25 with 3407 viewsWD19

Bart - Millwall on 13:51 - Jun 25 by GeoffSentence

The relegation thing really kicks in when it turns out that we could lose one of our top players to Millwall. Fwcking Millwall!

For me it hit when I realised we have got a glamour tie away against Championship Luton in the League cup.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024