Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading Lambert’s comments, I only expect one more signing now... 17:02 - Jun 25 with 4090 viewspointofblue

Perhaps two if Bart does leave. Otherwise another striker and that’s it - Donacien to cover left back as well as right with Ndaba as fourth centre back. I don’t think the squad is good enough as it stands either, especially in defence.

Hopefully I’m wrong on that score!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Reading Lambert’s comments, I only expect one more signing now... on 17:12 - Jun 25 with 2870 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Would like to see another CB come in, but maybe he thinks woolfy can make the step up, or Ndaba.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Reading Lambert’s comments, I only expect one more signing now... on 17:16 - Jun 25 with 2841 viewsWestcountryblue

I think Woolfenden will surprise a few. I wouldn't be surprised to see him partnering Chambers at the start of the season.

Ideally, an experienced CB would be good with Ndaba going out on loan.
Reading Lambert’s comments, I only expect one more signing now... on 17:17 - Jun 25 with 2828 viewswkj

I'm still deeply concerned by LB and CB also

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Reading Lambert’s comments, I only expect one more signing now... on 17:29 - Jun 25 with 2772 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Reading Lambert’s comments, I only expect one more signing now... on 17:16 - Jun 25 by Westcountryblue

I think Woolfenden will surprise a few. I wouldn't be surprised to see him partnering Chambers at the start of the season.

Ideally, an experienced CB would be good with Ndaba going out on loan.

I can see Nsiala being a mainstay in the defence.

Proven at that level.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Reading Lambert’s comments, I only expect one more signing now... on 17:34 - Jun 25 with 2725 viewsSpruceMoose

Reading Lambert’s comments, I only expect one more signing now... on 17:17 - Jun 25 by wkj

I'm still deeply concerned by LB and CB also

Surely your comment was downvoted accidentally by a fat fingered oaf? Sensible concern if you ask me.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Reading Lambert’s comments, I only expect one more signing now... on 17:36 - Jun 25 with 2729 viewsJ2BLUE

I've always said judge windows at the end but I will be extremely disappointed if we only sign one more. It's not about signing players for the sake of it. It's about having adequate quality and cover. If we only sign one more I think ST have been duped yet again as they made it sound like we'd have a real crack.

Again, I will wait and see. Maybe Maybe will tell us certain youth players have stepped up and he doesn't want to sign anyone else. I'd be fine with that but i'll be gutted if we go in with him saying we could do with more but we'll give it a crack with what we've got.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Reading Lambert’s comments, I only expect one more signing now... on 17:36 - Jun 25 with 2728 viewswkj

Reading Lambert’s comments, I only expect one more signing now... on 17:34 - Jun 25 by SpruceMoose

Surely your comment was downvoted accidentally by a fat fingered oaf? Sensible concern if you ask me.

It takes me back to the days of Downvote for Dave Mcgoldricks contract thread. Le sigh

Crybaby

Reading Lambert’s comments, I only expect one more signing now... on 17:38 - Jun 25 with 2696 viewsSpruceMoose

Something something we will walk the league something something.

BCWYWF

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Reading Lambert’s comments, I only expect one more signing now... on 17:52 - Jun 25 with 2627 viewsBlueBadger

There'll be a loan or two as well, despite what he's said previously. We're still dangerously thin and lightweight in some areas, particularly CB and up front.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Reading Lambert’s comments, I only expect one more signing now... on 17:56 - Jun 25 with 2605 viewsBlueBadger

Reading Lambert’s comments, I only expect one more signing now... on 17:38 - Jun 25 by SpruceMoose

BCWYWF

141 points and 250 goals!

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Reading Lambert’s comments, I only expect one more signing now... on 17:56 - Jun 25 with 2624 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Reading Lambert’s comments, I only expect one more signing now... on 17:38 - Jun 25 by SpruceMoose

BCWYWF

Love it.

Pre season starts.

First press conference.

First sign of bed wetting.

Chill out guys and girls.

Reading Lambert’s comments, I only expect one more signing now... on 18:03 - Jun 25 with 2595 viewswkj

Reading Lambert’s comments, I only expect one more signing now... on 17:56 - Jun 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

Love it.

Pre season starts.

First press conference.

First sign of bed wetting.

Chill out guys and girls.

Silly Billy, being concerned about the squad during preseason is hardly bed wetting. Querying an area with light coverage is legitimate I'd say

Crybaby

Reading Lambert’s comments, I only expect one more signing now... on 18:04 - Jun 25 with 2592 viewsGuthrum

Reading Lambert’s comments, I only expect one more signing now... on 17:52 - Jun 25 by BlueBadger

There'll be a loan or two as well, despite what he's said previously. We're still dangerously thin and lightweight in some areas, particularly CB and up front.

He hasn't ruled out one or two loans, just said we will not be relying on numbers of them, as we were again last season.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Reading Lambert’s comments, I only expect one more signing now... on 18:05 - Jun 25 with 2589 viewsTrequartista

It was supposed to be a big clearout but apart from those out of contract the same poor players are hanging around. Still time i suppose but comments not very encouraging today, especially trying to make out Bart wants to stay when minutes later Millwall reveal the only reason he hasn't gone is because of the medical.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Reading Lambert’s comments, I only expect one more signing now... on 18:05 - Jun 25 with 2568 viewsBlueBadger

Reading Lambert’s comments, I only expect one more signing now... on 18:04 - Jun 25 by Guthrum

He hasn't ruled out one or two loans, just said we will not be relying on numbers of them, as we were again last season.

Fair enough.

Reading Lambert’s comments, I only expect one more signing now... on 18:06 - Jun 25 with 2558 viewsBlueBadger

Reading Lambert’s comments, I only expect one more signing now... on 18:05 - Jun 25 by Trequartista

It was supposed to be a big clearout but apart from those out of contract the same poor players are hanging around. Still time i suppose but comments not very encouraging today, especially trying to make out Bart wants to stay when minutes later Millwall reveal the only reason he hasn't gone is because of the medical.

Don't forget though, they're all 'proven in League One'...

Reading Lambert’s comments, I only expect one more signing now... on 18:08 - Jun 25 with 2546 viewsBlueBadger

Reading Lambert’s comments, I only expect one more signing now... on 18:03 - Jun 25 by wkj

Silly Billy, being concerned about the squad during preseason is hardly bed wetting. Querying an area with light coverage is legitimate I'd say

141 points 250 goals!

Reading Lambert’s comments, I only expect one more signing now... on 18:12 - Jun 25 with 2543 viewsJ2BLUE

Reading Lambert’s comments, I only expect one more signing now... on 18:06 - Jun 25 by BlueBadger

Don't forget though, they're all 'proven in League One'...

It's going to be a long season with you sniping from the sidelines.

Truly impaired.

Reading Lambert’s comments, I only expect one more signing now... on 18:14 - Jun 25 with 2541 viewsmonty_radio

Checking my "transfer bingo" card from the earlier thread I'm sure that, together, the posters achieved a full house of management-speak cliches that translate as "I'm here talking to you lot, but any real club business will be going on regardless and will not be publicly acknowledged till it has to be".

I don't think that P.L. divulged any real intent regarding the number or position of any incomers. Last time round he said we shouldn't have too many loans because it bred confusion and discontent, yet they still mounted up.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Reading Lambert’s comments, I only expect one more signing now... on 18:15 - Jun 25 with 2536 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Reading Lambert’s comments, I only expect one more signing now... on 18:03 - Jun 25 by wkj

Being 'deeply concerned' ain't gonna help.

It's a bit early to start panicking! To be fair, I think we have strength in most positions, and just need some more depth.

Biggest issue is keeping people fit!

Reading Lambert’s comments, I only expect one more signing now... on 18:16 - Jun 25 with 2521 viewswkj

Reading Lambert’s comments, I only expect one more signing now... on 18:15 - Jun 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

It's a bit early to start panicking! To be fair, I think we have strength in most positions, and just need some more depth.

Deep concern isn't panicking... Trust

Crybaby

Reading Lambert’s comments, I only expect one more signing now... on 18:18 - Jun 25 with 2507 viewsJ2BLUE

Reading Lambert’s comments, I only expect one more signing now... on 18:15 - Jun 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

People are just responding to a hypothetical scenario that we might only sign one more. I doubt that will be the case. We're not going to be telling players, agents and clubs we're looking to spend the recent 'windfalls'.

Truly impaired.

Reading Lambert’s comments, I only expect one more signing now... on 18:38 - Jun 25 with 2424 viewsGarv

I don't see how you can read that much into it.

I imagine they'll be a lot more activity, the usual loans nearer the end of the window for example.

Need: a left back, striker, centre half, and keeper obviously if Bart goes.

Would like: Another wide man and a tall central defensive midfielder.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Reading Lambert’s comments, I only expect one more signing now... on 19:35 - Jun 25 with 2267 viewsKeaneish

Reading Lambert’s comments, I only expect one more signing now... on 17:12 - Jun 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

Would like to see another CB come in, but maybe he thinks woolfy can make the step up, or Ndaba.

I'd say Skuse is in line for some games at centre back whether in a two or a three.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Reading Lambert’s comments, I only expect one more signing now... on 19:40 - Jun 25 with 2250 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Reading Lambert’s comments, I only expect one more signing now... on 17:29 - Jun 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

I can see Nsiala being a mainstay in the defence.

Proven at that level.

I agree Nsiala may well be first choice. I really hope he settles down from last season and is a revelation. I can see Woolfendon starting alongside him and not looking back. Chambers could be a rotation/cover option on that basis. He might even be right back or play in a back 3. I guess PL will try things in pre-season and it will become clearer as the season approaches.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024