Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oldies ..name that squad and staff etc 20:50 - Jun 25 with 4301 viewsgtsb

I can name 16 players but struggling with the suits.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IPSWICH-TOWN-FOOTBALL-TEAM-PHOTO-1973-74-SEASON/38289
Oldies ..name that squad and staff etc on 21:09 - Jun 25 with 3933 viewsPJH

I think I can name 26 players, including some of the youth team, without checking.
Not too many of the suits though.
Oldies ..name that squad and staff etc on 21:16 - Jun 25 with 3898 viewsgtsb

Oldies ..name that squad and staff etc on 21:09 - Jun 25 by PJH

I think I can name 26 players, including some of the youth team, without checking.
Not too many of the suits though.

26 is very impressive. The goalkeepers..David Best, Laurie Sivell and ?.
Oldies ..name that squad and staff etc on 21:18 - Jun 25 with 3892 viewsPJH

Oldies ..name that squad and staff etc on 21:16 - Jun 25 by gtsb

26 is very impressive. The goalkeepers..David Best, Laurie Sivell and ?.

McKeller I think.

I am still trying to work out who first one on left on back row is.
Oldies ..name that squad and staff etc on 21:28 - Jun 25 with 3857 viewsgtsb

Oldies ..name that squad and staff etc on 21:18 - Jun 25 by PJH

McKeller I think.

Never heard of him. Don't know who the back row left is either. Bloke second from left second row looks like the local butcher!!
[Post edited 25 Jun 2019 21:37]
Oldies ..name that squad and staff etc on 21:33 - Jun 25 with 3831 viewsPJH

Oldies ..name that squad and staff etc on 21:28 - Jun 25 by gtsb

Never heard of him. Don't know who the back row left is either. Bloke second from left second row looks like the local butcher!!

McKeller never made the first team.

The 'butcher' is Brian Simpson the physio.
Oldies ..name that squad and staff etc on 21:36 - Jun 25 with 3812 viewsPJH

The only other player on the back two rows that I cannot work out is the last on the right on the second row, behind Cyril Lea and Robby Ferguson.
Oldies ..name that squad and staff etc on 21:47 - Jun 25 with 3767 viewsGipeswic

Oldies ..name that squad and staff etc on 21:28 - Jun 25 by gtsb

Glenn Keeley? Doh! Just realised he's between John Peddelty and Geoff Hammond.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2019 21:53]
Oldies ..name that squad and staff etc on 21:49 - Jun 25 with 3749 viewsmichaeldownunder

Oldies ..name that squad and staff etc on 21:36 - Jun 25 by PJH

The only other player on the back two rows that I cannot work out is the last on the right on the second row, behind Cyril Lea and Robby Ferguson.

Steve Stacey ?
Login to get fewer ads

Oldies ..name that squad and staff etc on 21:50 - Jun 25 with 3744 views66notout

Oldies ..name that squad and staff etc on 21:18 - Jun 25 by PJH

McKeller I think.

Back row, left to right, Robin Turner, Brian Talbot, Johnny Miller, Clive Woods, Bryan Hamilton, Peter Morris, David McKellar, David Best, Laurie Sivell, Colin Viljoen, Mick Mills, Eric Gates, Roger Osborne.
Standing, left to right, Charlie Woods (youth coach), Brian Simpson (physio), George Burley, Mick Lambert, Trevor Whymark, John Peddelty, Glenn Keeley, Geoff Hammond, Terry Austin, Kevin Beattie, Colin Harper, David Johnson, Allan Hunter, Cyril Lea (first team coach), Bruce Twamley, Bobby Ferguson (reserve coach).
Seated, left to right, Pat Godbold (manager’s secretary), David Rose (assistant secretary), Wally Gray (secretary), Harold Smith (director), Willie Kerr (director), Bobby Robson (manager), John Cobbold (chairman), Cecil Robinson (director), Patrick Cobbold (director), Murray Sangster (director), Ken Brightwell (director).
In front, left to right, Glenn Westley, Dale Roberts, Alex Jamieson, ?, ?, Kenny Taylor, ?, ?, John Stirk, Tommy Parkin.
That’s the best I can do but hopefully there is someone out there to fill in the gaps.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2019 22:07]
Oldies ..name that squad and staff etc on 21:53 - Jun 25 with 3733 viewsgtsb

Oldies ..name that squad and staff etc on 21:50 - Jun 25 by 66notout

Back row, left to right, Robin Turner, Brian Talbot, Johnny Miller, Clive Woods, Bryan Hamilton, Peter Morris, David McKellar, David Best, Laurie Sivell, Colin Viljoen, Mick Mills, Eric Gates, Roger Osborne.
Standing, left to right, Charlie Woods (youth coach), Brian Simpson (physio), George Burley, Mick Lambert, Trevor Whymark, John Peddelty, Glenn Keeley, Geoff Hammond, Terry Austin, Kevin Beattie, Colin Harper, David Johnson, Allan Hunter, Cyril Lea (first team coach), Bruce Twamley, Bobby Ferguson (reserve coach).
Seated, left to right, Pat Godbold (manager’s secretary), David Rose (assistant secretary), Wally Gray (secretary), Harold Smith (director), Willie Kerr (director), Bobby Robson (manager), John Cobbold (chairman), Cecil Robinson (director), Patrick Cobbold (director), Murray Sangster (director), Ken Brightwell (director).
In front, left to right, Glenn Westley, Dale Roberts, Alex Jamieson, ?, ?, Kenny Taylor, ?, ?, John Stirk, Tommy Parkin.
That’s the best I can do but hopefully there is someone out there to fill in the gaps.

Oldies ..name that squad and staff etc on 21:54 - Jun 25 with 3721 viewsPJH

I did think about Robin Turner but I did not think it was him-you are right though.
Bruce Twamley the other one I could not get.

Dale Roberts second from left in front row.
Oldies ..name that squad and staff etc on 21:55 - Jun 25 with 3717 viewsxrayspecs

Of the suits....

Pat Godbold, Patrick and John Cobbold. Struggling with the rest.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2019 21:58]
Oldies ..name that squad and staff etc on 21:57 - Jun 25 with 3706 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Oi, Norwich, look at all those trophies.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Oldies ..name that squad and staff etc on 21:59 - Jun 25 with 3692 viewsPJH

Ian Collard between Gates and Osborne.
Oldies ..name that squad and staff etc on 22:00 - Jun 25 with 3689 viewsPJH

Oldies ..name that squad and staff etc on 21:57 - Jun 25 by StochesStotasBlewe

Oi, Norwich, look at all those trophies.

One of them is the Texaco Cup I think-they participated in that.
Oldies ..name that squad and staff etc on 22:11 - Jun 25 with 3648 views66notout

Oldies ..name that squad and staff etc on 21:59 - Jun 25 by PJH

Ian Collard between Gates and Osborne.

Correct, missed him out. He was Robson’s first signing and still lives locally.
Oldies ..name that squad and staff etc on 22:12 - Jun 25 with 3645 viewsgainsboroughblue

Is Warky in the front row too?

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Oldies ..name that squad and staff etc on 22:13 - Jun 25 with 3642 viewsbahri

I have that photo. It's in newspaper form, probably a double page spread from the EADT.
I'll have to 'dig it out'

redandella

Oldies ..name that squad and staff etc on 22:13 - Jun 25 with 3642 views66notout

Oldies ..name that squad and staff etc on 22:00 - Jun 25 by PJH

One of them is the Texaco Cup I think-they participated in that.

South East Counties League and Southern Junior Floodlit Cup, youth league and youth cup competitions, as well I think.
Oldies ..name that squad and staff etc on 22:14 - Jun 25 with 3635 views66notout

Oldies ..name that squad and staff etc on 22:12 - Jun 25 by gainsboroughblue

Is Warky in the front row too?

No, a year too early for him.
Oldies ..name that squad and staff etc on 22:16 - Jun 25 with 3626 viewsgainsboroughblue

Oldies ..name that squad and staff etc on 22:14 - Jun 25 by 66notout

No, a year too early for him.

My eyes aren't great! It kind of looks like him 5th from right.

Oldies ..name that squad and staff etc on 22:20 - Jun 25 with 3612 views66notout

Oldies ..name that squad and staff etc on 22:16 - Jun 25 by gainsboroughblue

My eyes aren't great! It kind of looks like him 5th from right.

Definitely not but I agree re the similarity. One of the trophies must be the FA Youth Cup so if you can find the line-ups from the two games against Bristol City it should be easy to complete the caption.
Oldies ..name that squad and staff etc on 22:23 - Jun 25 with 3598 viewsgainsboroughblue

Oldies ..name that squad and staff etc on 22:20 - Jun 25 by 66notout

Definitely not but I agree re the similarity. One of the trophies must be the FA Youth Cup so if you can find the line-ups from the two games against Bristol City it should be easy to complete the caption.

It was the grin

Oldies ..name that squad and staff etc on 03:55 - Jun 26 with 3447 viewsallezlesbleus

36 players in total, including youth players, reserves and 1st team. We were winning trophies at all levels and the 1st team were challenging the top teams at home and abroad for a number of years.

Haven't we had more than that number of players listed in the 1st team squad for the past few seasons........with no cup run for years, no wins over Narwich and not a lot of joy at the right end of the table.
Oldies ..name that squad and staff etc on 11:20 - Jun 26 with 3309 viewsbahri

Oldies ..name that squad and staff etc on 22:13 - Jun 25 by bahri

I have that photo. It's in newspaper form, probably a double page spread from the EADT.
I'll have to 'dig it out'

Back Row;R.Turner, B.Talbot, J.Miller, C.Woods, B.Hamilton, P.Morris, D.McKellar, D.Best,L.Sivell, C.Viljoen,M.Mills, E.Gates, I.Collard, R.Osborne.
Second Row; C.Woods, B.Simpson, G.Burley, M.Lambert, T.Whymark, J.Peddelty, G.KeeleyG.Hammond,T.Austin, K.Beattie, C.Harper, D.Johnson, A.Hunter, C.Lea,
B.Twamley, R.Ferguson.
Seated; P.Cobbold, D.Rose, W.A.Gray, H.Smith, W.Kerr, R.W.Robson, J.C.Cobbold,,
C.J.Robinson, P.Cobbold, J.M.Sangster, K.H.Brightwell
Front Row; G.Wesley, D.Roberts, A.Jamieson, D.Fisher, S.Vale, K.Taylor, I.Meikle, P.Adams,J.Stirk, G.Russo, T.Parkin
Trophies; F.A.Youth Cup, Mercia Youth League Cup, Eastern Junior Cup,
Combination League Cup, Texaco Cup, Palma Cup, Dutch Fair Play Cup,
Dutch Youth Tournament Cup, Israeli Five-A-Side Shield
[Post edited 26 Jun 2019 11:51]

redandella

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024