Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fractured sternum (breast bone) 07:49 - Jun 26 with 1751 viewsvilanovablue

Has anyone else suffered this and any suggestions for what to do aside from strong pain killers and rest?
Fractured sternum (breast bone) on 10:36 - Jun 26 with 1658 viewsjeera

How did you manage that?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Fractured sternum (breast bone) on 10:37 - Jun 26 with 1656 viewsvilanovablue

Fractured sternum (breast bone) on 10:36 - Jun 26 by jeera

How did you manage that?

I had a bad back and was going down stairs when my back spasmed and took a tumble and hit the post at the bottom of my stairs square on at some pace...
Fractured sternum (breast bone) on 10:48 - Jun 26 with 1648 viewswkj

Fractured sternum (breast bone) on 10:37 - Jun 26 by vilanovablue

I had a bad back and was going down stairs when my back spasmed and took a tumble and hit the post at the bottom of my stairs square on at some pace...

You should get checked out if you've not already done so, I know that is a bit of a generic reply but I'd be wanting the once over if I were in your slippers

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Fractured sternum (breast bone) on 11:03 - Jun 26 with 1632 viewsvilanovablue

Fractured sternum (breast bone) on 10:48 - Jun 26 by wkj

You should get checked out if you've not already done so, I know that is a bit of a generic reply but I'd be wanting the once over if I were in your slippers

Spent the morning in A&E on Monday and despite painkillers it just hurts like hell.
Fractured sternum (breast bone) on 11:33 - Jun 26 with 1604 viewsRyorry

Fractured sternum (breast bone) on 11:03 - Jun 26 by vilanovablue

Spent the morning in A&E on Monday and despite painkillers it just hurts like hell.

Real sorry to hear that, wish you better soon.

One interesting technique I was taught on a pain management course back in the 80s - close your eyes, visualise the "colour" of your pain, and change it to something else. With most people this means changing it from a shade of red to a blue or green. I found that did actually help.

Look through the various book recommendation threads on here & get ordering, might help distract you!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Fractured sternum (breast bone) on 11:39 - Jun 26 with 1590 viewswkj

Fractured sternum (breast bone) on 11:33 - Jun 26 by Ryorry

One interesting technique I was taught on a pain management course back in the 80s - close your eyes, visualise the "colour" of your pain, and change it to something else. With most people this means changing it from a shade of red to a blue or green. I found that did actually help.

Look through the various book recommendation threads on here & get ordering, might help distract you!

I think the changing of colours in the head might have been a side effect of the prescription LSD used to treat the pain

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Fractured sternum (breast bone) on 11:45 - Jun 26 with 1587 viewsRyorry

Fractured sternum (breast bone) on 11:39 - Jun 26 by wkj

I think the changing of colours in the head might have been a side effect of the prescription LSD used to treat the pain

Yeah yeah!

Seriously, if I were ever tempted to do drugs bigtime, the one that I'd never touch would be LSD - too many horror stories out there.

Hats off to the course (at a hosp in Fazakerley, Liverpool) - they got me & many others off longterm strong painkillers.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Fractured sternum (breast bone) on 11:55 - Jun 26 with 1574 viewsSpruceMoose

Fractured sternum (breast bone) on 11:45 - Jun 26 by Ryorry

Yeah yeah!

Seriously, if I were ever tempted to do drugs bigtime, the one that I'd never touch would be LSD - too many horror stories out there.

Hats off to the course (at a hosp in Fazakerley, Liverpool) - they got me & many others off longterm strong painkillers.

Which ones would you try first?!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Fractured sternum (breast bone) on 13:19 - Jun 26 with 1522 viewsvilanovablue

Thanks for that, it sounds sensible and I'll give it a try.
Fractured sternum (breast bone) on 23:27 - Jun 28 with 1390 viewsjeera

Fractured sternum (breast bone) on 10:37 - Jun 26 by vilanovablue

Yes, that should do it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Fractured sternum (breast bone) on 10:05 - Jun 29 with 1317 viewsWeWereZombies

Fractured sternum (breast bone) on 11:45 - Jun 26 by Ryorry

Yeah yeah!

Just go for half a tab of regular and avoid the twelve hour stuff, you'll be fine...or not as the case may be.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Fractured sternum (breast bone) on 11:17 - Jun 29 with 1298 viewsCBBlue

I waa on a course about 20 years ago with someone who was a colour therapist or something similar and when I got a migraine she told me to visualise navy blue to help with the pain. I was sceptical but willing to try anything - it really does help and even now I do it when a migraine strikes.

Poll: School on Monday - are you sending in your R, Y1 or Y6 kids?

Fractured sternum (breast bone) on 11:50 - Jun 29 with 1279 viewsvilanovablue

Fractured sternum (breast bone) on 11:17 - Jun 29 by CBBlue

I waa on a course about 20 years ago with someone who was a colour therapist or something similar and when I got a migraine she told me to visualise navy blue to help with the pain. I was sceptical but willing to try anything - it really does help and even now I do it when a migraine strikes.

I have to say I have used the colour visualisation thing when the pain has been acute and it has helped it's mainly focusing the mind on something else I guess. But thanks peeps.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024