Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This new handball ruling coming in - Dutch V Japanese Lasses last night. 11:36 - Jun 26 with 871 viewsartsbossbeard

I only caught the post match summary where everyone (including the Japanese defender who handled the ball) seemed to be in agreement that the penalty was legitimite.

On viewing, I was expecting the defender to look like Patrick Starfish from Spongebob but she simply had her arm down and the ball hit her on the arm as she was looking to defend the shot.

Imagine the Dog & Duck v The Horse & Groom on a Sunday morning and the official ref doesn't turn up and the stand in homer ref gives one of these against the opposition. Carnage.

Here's the summary from the FA info I got sent last week.

FYI, I went to an FA event around sin bins for next season too. I'm all in favour although it seems madness that a player can get 3x yellow cards in a game and not take any further part in the game but not be sent off.

Deliberate handball remains an offence
-The following ‘handball’ situations, even if accidental, will be a free kick:
-the ball goes into the goal after touching an attacking player’s hand/arm
-a player gains control/possession of the ball after it has touches their hand/arm and then scores, or creates a goal-scoring opportunity
- the ball touches a player’s hand/arm which has made their body unnaturally bigger
- the ball touches a player’s hand/arm when it is above their shoulder (unless the player has deliberately played the ball which then touches their hand/arm)

The following will not usually be a free kick, unless they are one of the above situations: -the ball touches a player’s hand/arm directly from their own head/body/foot or the head/body/foot of another player who is close/near
- the ball touches a player’s hand/arm which is close to their body and has not made their body unnaturally bigger
- if a player is falling and the ball touches their hand/arm when it is between their body and the ground to support the body (but not extended to make the body bigger)
- If the goalkeeper attempts to ‘clear’ (release into play) a throw-in or deliberate kick from a team-mate but the ‘clearance’ fails, the goalkeeper can then handle the ball

Explanation: Greater clarity is needed for handball, especially on those occasions when ‘nondeliberate’ handball is an offence. The re-wording follows a number of principles: -football does not accept a goal being scored by a hand/arm (even if accidental)
-football expects a player to be penalised for handball if they gain possession/control of the ball from their hand/arm and gain a major advantage e.g. score or create a goal-scoring opportunity
- it is natural for a player to put their arm between their body and the ground for support when falling.
- having the hand/arm above shoulder height is rarely a ‘natural’ position and a player is ‘taking a risk’ by having the hand/arm in that position, including when sliding
- if the ball comes off the player’s body, or off another player (of either team) who is close by, onto the hands/arms it is often impossible to avoid contact with the ball

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

This new handball ruling coming in - Dutch V Japanese Lasses last night. on 12:00 - Jun 26 with 822 viewsSarge

Point of order, Patrick’s surname is Star.
This new handball ruling coming in - Dutch V Japanese Lasses last night. on 12:40 - Jun 26 with 766 viewsWhymarkmariner

Blah, Blah,Blah. Referee " I'm stopping the game to look at VAR and then to consult the rule book" half an hour later, it's a pen. Penalty is taken, goalie saves it, VAR say's goalie moved before the kick was taken. Ref " Pen to be retaken. Goal scored, linesperson (or whatever they are called holds up how many extra minutes play there is for the first half. Board states 35 minutes. This is an evening game between Norwich v Liverpool, kick off at 19.45, the first half concludes at 21.05, second have begins at 21.20, with 20 minutes extra time in the second half the match concludes at nearly 10.30.By the time the Liverpool fans have got to their coaches and set off it's 11.15. If the game had been Liverpool v Norwich the coach may have left a couple of hours later due to having to acquire another set of wheels. I know this is an exaggeration but you get my drift.
This new handball ruling coming in - Dutch V Japanese Lasses last night. on 12:48 - Jun 26 with 751 viewsDurovigutum

It's an utter disaster. The rule should be:-
Handball is when the ball hits your hand/arm and you gain an unfair advantage compared to the ball not hitting your hand.

Instead it's almost 20 bullet points and confusing to the referee, yet alone the players (few of whom bother to read the rules).

The dissent yellow card thing is even worse. It's a great sanction, but the card should be shocking blue or something. Explain why one guy gets three cards and no red (OK, he's not coming back on, but no fine or ban), where the oppo gets 2 and a red (and a fine and a ban) to the Dog and Duck crowd. You don't know what you're doing - even though you do.

Here's a prediction. Next years rule book will look very different.....
This new handball ruling coming in - Dutch V Japanese Lasses last night. on 13:05 - Jun 26 with 719 viewsartsbossbeard

This new handball ruling coming in - Dutch V Japanese Lasses last night. on 12:48 - Jun 26 by Durovigutum

It's an utter disaster. The rule should be:-
Handball is when the ball hits your hand/arm and you gain an unfair advantage compared to the ball not hitting your hand.

Instead it's almost 20 bullet points and confusing to the referee, yet alone the players (few of whom bother to read the rules).

The dissent yellow card thing is even worse. It's a great sanction, but the card should be shocking blue or something. Explain why one guy gets three cards and no red (OK, he's not coming back on, but no fine or ban), where the oppo gets 2 and a red (and a fine and a ban) to the Dog and Duck crowd. You don't know what you're doing - even though you do.

Here's a prediction. Next years rule book will look very different.....

I agree that it's confusing and to clarify the 3x yellow thing.

The ref still notes a sin bin yellow on his match report. 5 sin bin yellows against 1x player throughout the season = 1x match ban.

We've been offered loads of pre season friendlies but I'm reluctant to commit to them unless we can get an official ref and share his/her costs. The days of parents/supporters simply stepping in to assist are numbered, I reckon.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

This new handball ruling coming in - Dutch V Japanese Lasses last night. on 13:12 - Jun 26 with 703 viewsJ2BLUE

The new rule is ridiculous.

VAR is also partly to blame because now everything gets given knowing they have the insurance of a review.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024