Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How come Playford Road is being tarted up 17:44 - Jun 26 with 3372 viewscarlisleaway

but Portman Road is left to look very shabby and in great need of a clean up and a coat of paint in many areas. What will opposing fans think on there first visit to PR.
How come Playford Road is being tarted up on 17:45 - Jun 26 with 3351 viewsWD19

Most of them will probably wonder what those seat things are and what they are for.
How come Playford Road is being tarted up on 17:48 - Jun 26 with 3354 viewsPhilTWTD

From what I gather there is going to be some clean and tidying of Portman Road before the season gets under way. By the standards of other summers wasn't a huge amount going on at Playford Road yesterday, Portacabin where we do the pressers was getting a coat of paint.

This post has been edited by an administrator
(No subject) (n/t) on 18:00 - Jun 26 with 3274 viewsSitfcB

The beams in SBRL have had a lick of paint.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2019 18:01]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

How come Playford Road is being tarted up on 18:10 - Jun 26 with 3257 viewsfactual_blue

How come Playford Road is being tarted up on 17:48 - Jun 26 by PhilTWTD

From what I gather there is going to be some clean and tidying of Portman Road before the season gets under way. By the standards of other summers wasn't a huge amount going on at Playford Road yesterday, Portacabin where we do the pressers was getting a coat of paint.

'Portacabin where we do the pressers...'

Everything that's wrong with the club summarised in one phrase.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

How come Playford Road is being tarted up on 18:24 - Jun 26 with 3210 viewscarlisleaway

Some clean and tidying !!!!!!!!

Marcus Evans needs to take a good look at how poor the state of Portman Road. The Supporters Forum have raised this issue on a number of occasions and been told that money should be spent on other areas....think ME is worried on spending more money than necessary.
It's a few old hacks.... on 18:35 - Jun 26 with 3197 viewsBloots

How come Playford Road is being tarted up on 18:10 - Jun 26 by factual_blue

'Portacabin where we do the pressers...'

Everything that's wrong with the club summarised in one phrase.

….from the local farming paper and a bloke that runs an online politics forum.

Sod em.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

It's a few old hacks.... on 18:40 - Jun 26 with 3176 viewsfactual_blue

It's a few old hacks.... on 18:35 - Jun 26 by Bloots

….from the local farming paper and a bloke that runs an online politics forum.

Sod em.

Just wait till we're Lee Bowyer's Ipswich Town. They'll have to hire the Regent every week.

How come Playford Road is being tarted up on 18:42 - Jun 26 with 3170 viewsChurchman

I presume the paint was acquired for free, even if it is yellow and green and he’ll find somebody to slap it on for nothing. Never let it be said that Evans wastes money on frippery like the club’s facilities.
Login to get fewer ads

If they don't peel off..... on 18:47 - Jun 26 with 3152 viewsBloots

….that ridiculous old sticky back plastic that they've got on the inside of the Cobbold stand windows, then I'm burning (melting) my season ticket.

Seriously though, it would take a couple of hours and literally cost nothing.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

How come Playford Road is being tarted up on 18:48 - Jun 26 with 3162 viewsPhilTWTD

How come Playford Road is being tarted up on 18:42 - Jun 26 by Churchman

I presume the paint was acquired for free, even if it is yellow and green and he’ll find somebody to slap it on for nothing. Never let it be said that Evans wastes money on frippery like the club’s facilities.

Painting stuff was something a certain former chief exec was given pelters for!

BTW, yesterday's paint was blue.
It's a few old hacks.... on 19:26 - Jun 26 with 3049 viewsEwan_Oozami

It's a few old hacks.... on 18:40 - Jun 26 by factual_blue

Just wait till we're Lee Bowyer's Ipswich Town. They'll have to hire the Regent every week.

Revs, surely?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

How come Playford Road is being tarted up on 19:30 - Jun 26 with 3037 viewsBackToRussia

Um excuse me. They fixed the fence, and the council fixed the drains outside the entrance so it doesn't flood whenever there's slight drizzle. Marcus is taking credit for that last one ofc.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

How come Playford Road is being tarted up on 19:44 - Jun 26 with 3003 viewsfactual_blue

How come Playford Road is being tarted up on 18:48 - Jun 26 by PhilTWTD

It was the way he brought it up: clutching at straws. Keeping a public venue spick and span is a 'hygiene factor' - it should just be right all the time.

How come Playford Road is being tarted up on 20:02 - Jun 26 with 2942 viewsWe_Love_Bluey

Ladies loos behind Co-op Stand have smelt bad since about 1995 and need urgent updating. Every season first match live in hope of some improvement but never happens.
How come Playford Road is being tarted up on 20:36 - Jun 26 with 2847 viewsChurchman

Phew, that’s good.

Well maybe people were hard on Clegg given the painting the rotting turnstiles was the crowning glory of his time as Chief Exec. A high achiever if ever there was one.
How come Playford Road is being tarted up on 21:55 - Jun 26 with 2668 viewseireblue

New signings never check the stand roofs.
How come Playford Road is being tarted up on 22:10 - Jun 26 with 2632 viewsBloomBlue

Getting ready to sell it to a housebuilder?
If they don't peel off..... on 22:51 - Jun 26 with 2553 viewsTractorWood

If they don't peel off..... on 18:47 - Jun 26 by Bloots

….that ridiculous old sticky back plastic that they've got on the inside of the Cobbold stand windows, then I'm burning (melting) my season ticket.

Seriously though, it would take a couple of hours and literally cost nothing.

The tarpaulin at the back of the lower North Stand is so tinpot. This is a 'new stand' too.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

How come Playford Road is being tarted up on 00:34 - Jun 27 with 2445 viewsstonojnr

which does always make me smile when people bring up the point about how the ground hasnt had a lick of paint recently.

as for playford rd tbf I noticed not long after the end of last season, there fair bit going, with builders contractors around the main entrance, seemed they were doing something more than just painting the odd bit, and working at the weekend too
If they don't peel off..... on 03:59 - Jun 27 with 2382 viewsIllinoisblue

If they don't peel off..... on 22:51 - Jun 26 by TractorWood

The tarpaulin at the back of the lower North Stand is so tinpot. This is a 'new stand' too.

what's the tarpaulin even for? What's it covering up?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

If they don't peel off..... on 07:00 - Jun 27 with 2248 viewsSitfcB

If they don't peel off..... on 03:59 - Jun 27 by Illinoisblue

what's the tarpaulin even for? What's it covering up?

The wind flaps. Would probably be annoying for those at the back of the stand if it wasn’t there.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024