Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Target Man 08:19 - Jun 27 with 2448 viewstown8710

Do we think PL will bring in a big strong target man?? Eaves for me would be great but also keane there as well. I just think if we need to switch the formation or go more direct we have no one there at present.
Target Man on 08:22 - Jun 27 with 2435 viewsgmanrom

If Daryl Murphy is surplus to requirements and wants to come home then that is where we should be turning our attention. Obviously if he wants to drop a level now that is.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2019 8:23]

Poll: In the next 5 years what league do you us settling in?

Target Man on 08:27 - Jun 27 with 2398 viewsKeaneish

He has to. Simple as that. Team is too short and we need physical options up front.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Target Man on 08:55 - Jun 27 with 2329 viewstown8710

Target Man on 08:27 - Jun 27 by Keaneish

He has to. Simple as that. Team is too short and we need physical options up front.

I really hope so
Target Man on 08:57 - Jun 27 with 2320 viewsdavblue

Target Man on 08:22 - Jun 27 by gmanrom

If Daryl Murphy is surplus to requirements and wants to come home then that is where we should be turning our attention. Obviously if he wants to drop a level now that is.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2019 8:23]

I wouldn't be against it as an experienced head.

Wages will no doubt be a big problem, i didn't really realise how much we would miss the little things that he done at the time. His hold up play, running the channels, Mick and Terry done a good job on developing him as a player.
Target Man on 09:19 - Jun 27 with 2258 viewsGuthrum

It may be significant that Lambert brought in Quaner last season, who sort of occupied that role (or, more accurately, was a battering ram to take the ball through the opposing defence).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Target Man on 09:24 - Jun 27 with 2238 viewsNazemariner

We most definately need a target man option in the squad. Somebody who enables us to switch it up should we be chasing a game. Norwood is only a little fella, so i can't imagine that he has been bought in to play a hold up role.
Target Man on 09:40 - Jun 27 with 2187 viewsBiGDonnie

I hope it'll be Keane. Him and Norwood has the potential to smash League one.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Target Man on 09:43 - Jun 27 with 2176 viewsmonty_radio

Keane wasn't that player, but was excellent on the ground. Quite good in the air as well, but not to the extent of being a hold-up man. Quaner was always played in advance of Keane even though he couldn't time a jump, in spite of starting his leap with a foot advantage.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Login to get fewer ads

Target Man on 09:49 - Jun 27 with 2161 viewsKeaneish

Target Man on 09:19 - Jun 27 by Guthrum

It may be significant that Lambert brought in Quaner last season, who sort of occupied that role (or, more accurately, was a battering ram to take the ball through the opposing defence).

I wouldn't be adverse to him coming back on loan for the season although i'd be much happier if we also had one other, someone in the mould of Gary Hooper from Sheff Wed with a good record and bags of experience.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Target Man on 09:57 - Jun 27 with 2121 viewsChurchman

Lee Chapman? He ticks all the boxes. Big strong target man, good in the air (ok, he may have shrunk a bit with age but he’s still be tall), proven winner with Leeds Div 1 Champions team and most of all ......cheap!
Target Man on 10:01 - Jun 27 with 2111 viewsGuthrum

Target Man on 09:49 - Jun 27 by Keaneish

I wouldn't be adverse to him coming back on loan for the season although i'd be much happier if we also had one other, someone in the mould of Gary Hooper from Sheff Wed with a good record and bags of experience.

Indeed. Not necessarily Quaner himself, more making the point that Lambert is not averse to having that sort of player in the squad.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Target Man on 15:59 - Jun 27 with 1932 viewsGarv

Target Man on 09:19 - Jun 27 by Guthrum

I'd have Quaner back in a second.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Target Man on 16:40 - Jun 27 with 1864 viewsWickets

Target Man on 15:59 - Jun 27 by Garv

I'd have Quaner back in a second.

Me too ,Keane is tricky because of the fitness side. we have carried so many players that have been unfortunate with injures over the last few years maybe we should not go there even if we could afford him. I would take Murth if a deal could be done but not sure that is on the cards . I am a bit worried regards the strength in depth for a long hard season but i know its early days as yet. Feel we need more both ends of the pitch but sure PL is struggling on the given budget .
Target Man on 16:43 - Jun 27 with 1855 viewsMaySixth

Jamille Matt from Newport on the list of targets

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Target Man on 21:48 - Jun 27 with 1638 viewstown8710

Target Man on 16:43 - Jun 27 by MaySixth

Jamille Matt from Newport on the list of targets

Tom Eaves is the one i would like
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024