Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Advice needed turning a hobby into a business 09:35 - Jun 27 with 5992 viewsBehindBlueEyes

Hi all,

I know there's a few business people on here so thought I'd seek out a little advice.

I've always been able to draw, mostly draw a few pictures every once in a while and then forget about it for a few years. Recently I've been drawing people's pets to help raise funds for a charity close to me. People send me a picture of their pets via the charities Facebook page, I draw it, send it to them and they make a donation to the charity.

This has been going really well and everyone I've drawn a picture for has said I should be doing it for a living which I'm now starting to consider.

What would be the best way to start something like that? Opening my own Facebook page so they can contact me & share it? Designing a website?

My worry would be how to take payments (the charity takes care of that). Is there a cheap online payment system I can easily add to a website or would it be better to use an Ebay account to start with?

Any thoughts or ideas gratefully received!

Thanks for your help.

Blog: Kundai Benyu – The Golden Shot?

Advice needed turning a hobby into a business on 12:41 - Aug 12 with 335 viewsjontysnut

Advice needed turning a hobby into a business on 07:37 - Jun 28 by BehindBlueEyes

Cheers for that Dan, just had a look and that could work and very resonable pricing.

Think I'll go the Etsy/Facebook route to start and if the demand is there move on to Squarespace.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2019 7:42]

here's an ETSY example from someone - he does commissions etc but has branched out into cards etc

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/RogerCarterArt
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024