Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Office Wardrobes 13:40 - Jun 27 with 2711 viewsSpruceMoose

Do you ever feel discriminated against in terms of your work wardrobe choices? Is this the one area in the workplace where women have it so much netter than men? Do you feel pressure to conform to a certain work 'look' that negatively impacts your health and mental wellbeing over the summer months?

Are you still expected to wear the full suit while you other colleague get to wear what is pretty much just beach wear? Do you loathe that trickle of sweat running down you back or balls as you stand on the train platform, waiting for a train that never seems to ever arrive?

Do you yearn to flounce to the photocopier in a fruity little summer dress, rock up to meetings smelling of gardenias while your vest top keeps your armpits cool??

It was thirty degrees here at 7:30 this morning, and I hate everyone and everything. So, urbanites of TWTD, do you have any types for the stylish urban dweller who wants to stay cool on the commute? At this rate I'm going to have to bring a change of clothes to work.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Summer Office Wardrobes on 13:42 - Jun 27 with 2314 viewsGeoffSentence

Speedos.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Summer Office Wardrobes on 13:42 - Jun 27 with 2306 viewsStokieBlue

I’d be allowed to turn up in a dress but not shorts.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Summer Office Wardrobes on 13:43 - Jun 27 with 2298 viewsSpruceMoose

Summer Office Wardrobes on 13:42 - Jun 27 by GeoffSentence

Speedos.

We can't all be lifeguards at Crown Pools you know.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Summer Office Wardrobes on 13:44 - Jun 27 with 2299 viewsfooters

Perhaps only slightly related, but has anyone noticed a huge upsurge in ladies wearing blankets at work? They all shuffle round draped in some sort of cape. No idea what that's all about.

I appreciate today is not the best day to talk about this.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Summer Office Wardrobes on 13:44 - Jun 27 with 2296 viewsSpruceMoose

Summer Office Wardrobes on 13:42 - Jun 27 by StokieBlue

SB

There is an extremely fabulous gay bloke at our office who I saw wearing what pretty much amounted to lederhosen the other day. I'm hoping it's a craze that picks up, and if it does, I'll be all over it.

Summer Office Wardrobes on 13:45 - Jun 27 with 2290 viewsSpruceMoose

Summer Office Wardrobes on 13:44 - Jun 27 by footers

Perhaps only slightly related, but has anyone noticed a huge upsurge in ladies wearing blankets at work? They all shuffle round draped in some sort of cape. No idea what that's all about.

My office is as weird and as liberal as they come. Someone even sits under an umbrella at their desk as the lights disturb them... but still, a simple pair of shorts would cause an outrage.

That being said, I've not noticed an blankets yet. I'm sure it'll cross the pond any day now.

Summer Office Wardrobes on 13:45 - Jun 27 with 2279 viewsfooters

Summer Office Wardrobes on 13:42 - Jun 27 by StokieBlue

SB

Didn't you put the block on one of your drones wearing a pork pie hat? #fashionfascist

Summer Office Wardrobes on 13:46 - Jun 27 with 2274 viewsSpruceMoose

Summer Office Wardrobes on 13:45 - Jun 27 by footers

Didn't you put the block on one of your drones wearing a pork pie hat? #fashionfascist

Bloody office gestapo...

Login to get fewer ads

Summer Office Wardrobes on 13:50 - Jun 27 with 2261 viewsuefacup81

I always make sure that I am properly attired, whether in or out of the office; bow tie, tweed jacket, hat, the works.

We've got the same sort of policy in our office - women can get away with pretty much anything, but the blokes must be in shirt and trousers every day of the year.

It's not as if shorts would lower the tone - I'd still be properly attired, just with khakis, knee-high socks with garter flashes, and a pith helmet to complete the look.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Summer Office Wardrobes on 13:55 - Jun 27 with 2233 viewsfactual_blue

Summer Office Wardrobes on 13:44 - Jun 27 by footers

It's air conditioning, apparently. The default settings for air conditioning were, apparently, set in the 1960s and are perfect for an eleven stone, forty year-old man.

My recommendation would be to retire, and sit around in your pants all day.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Summer Office Wardrobes on 13:56 - Jun 27 with 2227 viewsSpruceMoose

Summer Office Wardrobes on 13:50 - Jun 27 by uefacup81

I always make sure that I am properly attired, whether in or out of the office; bow tie, tweed jacket, hat, the works.

We've got the same sort of policy in our office - women can get away with pretty much anything, but the blokes must be in shirt and trousers every day of the year.

It's not as if shorts would lower the tone - I'd still be properly attired, just with khakis, knee-high socks with garter flashes, and a pith helmet to complete the look.

Are your clients impressed with gigantic sweat patches, red faces and gasping for breath?

Seems to me this is an area where men are genuinely discriminated against.

Summer Office Wardrobes on 13:56 - Jun 27 with 2226 viewsfactual_blue

Summer Office Wardrobes on 13:45 - Jun 27 by SpruceMoose

My office is as weird and as liberal as they come. Someone even sits under an umbrella at their desk as the lights disturb them... but still, a simple pair of shorts would cause an outrage.

That being said, I've not noticed an blankets yet. I'm sure it'll cross the pond any day now.

Well your office is weird enough to allow a fully-antletered moose, so....

Summer Office Wardrobes on 13:57 - Jun 27 with 2220 viewsSpruceMoose

Summer Office Wardrobes on 13:56 - Jun 27 by factual_blue

Well your office is weird enough to allow a fully-antletered moose, so....

Is it really that weird in a zoo administration building?

Summer Office Wardrobes on 13:58 - Jun 27 with 2214 viewsfactual_blue

Summer Office Wardrobes on 13:57 - Jun 27 by SpruceMoose

Is it really that weird in a zoo administration building?

Depends. Are you wearing a collar and tie?

Summer Office Wardrobes on 13:59 - Jun 27 with 2213 viewsfooters

Summer Office Wardrobes on 13:50 - Jun 27 by uefacup81

Hi Jacob

Summer Office Wardrobes on 14:00 - Jun 27 with 2211 viewsfooters

Summer Office Wardrobes on 13:55 - Jun 27 by factual_blue

It's air conditioning, apparently. The default settings for air conditioning were, apparently, set in the 1960s and are perfect for an eleven stone, forty year-old man.

My recommendation would be to retire, and sit around in your pants all day.

It causes so many office bugs too, really don't see the point. What's wrong with opening a window? As my old boss used to say, 'When I say jump, you say which window.'

Summer Office Wardrobes on 14:01 - Jun 27 with 2210 viewsBlueBadger

I get to wear very light cotton scrubs. Lovely in summer, an invitation to Joggers' Nipple in the winter.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Summer Office Wardrobes on 14:08 - Jun 27 with 2181 viewsJ2BLUE

I sympathise. I really struggle to deal with heat.

I have never seen the logic in employers insisting people wear suits in summer. As for bosses who insist on ties which do nothing but make you hotter I think they are total w@nkers.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Summer Office Wardrobes on 14:11 - Jun 27 with 2154 viewsvilanovablue

No restrictions where I work plenty of chaps in shorts looking like they are set for the beach. I'm still dressed in jeans and a shirt but that is pretty much my everyday attire.
Summer Office Wardrobes on 14:14 - Jun 27 with 2141 viewsLesta_Tractor

When I worked in Hong Kong I would travel to work in shorts and t-shirt and put my suit on when I got to the office...

In Australia we had to wear suits but if it was over 40c we could remove our ties.

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Summer Office Wardrobes on 14:15 - Jun 27 with 2134 viewsJ2BLUE

Summer Office Wardrobes on 14:14 - Jun 27 by Lesta_Tractor

When I worked in Hong Kong I would travel to work in shorts and t-shirt and put my suit on when I got to the office...

In Australia we had to wear suits but if it was over 40c we could remove our ties.

How generous.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Summer Office Wardrobes on 14:19 - Jun 27 with 2112 viewsPendejo

Until the last 5 years blokes were expected to wear collar and the even though not customer facing, I rebelled first by not wearing a tie citing faulty ac. But, still wearing formal shirts and trousers.

Then 3 years ago we were taken over and merged, our new colleagues would come to work in jeans and polo shirts. So now pretty much anything goes, even shorts.

I can't say the same for females... No discernible difference to dress code.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Summer Office Wardrobes on 14:22 - Jun 27 with 2096 viewsSpruceMoose

I dunno if anyone has been watching Catch 22 (it's pretty good btw) but I might start going to work dressed like Yossarian does in the final episode.

Summer Office Wardrobes on 14:28 - Jun 27 with 2058 viewsfooters

Summer Office Wardrobes on 14:15 - Jun 27 by J2BLUE

How generous.

It was his birthday suit

Summer Office Wardrobes on 15:13 - Jun 27 with 2000 viewsblue62

Being the best boss in the world (self proclaimed) staff can wear whatever they want, does not have any affect on the work produced and far better to be comfortable.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024