Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Haven’t posted too much over the summer 16:53 - Jun 27 with 1704 viewsMrTown

Not a lot going on over the summer. Currently in Barcelona but am absolutely delighted with the signing of Danny Mayor, when I switched TWTD on earlier and saw we were targeting him I was delighted, now he is at Portman Road I am even further delighted.

A superb signing, a superb footballer.

Let’s get this season underway.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Haven’t posted too much over the summer on 16:54 - Jun 27 with 1676 viewsKieran_Knows

He's not signed yet ... he's currently just on the tour of all 92 grounds.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Haven’t posted too much over the summer on 16:56 - Jun 27 with 1664 viewsITFC_Forever

We haven't signed him.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Haven’t posted too much over the summer on 17:08 - Jun 27 with 1630 viewsHerbivore

Let's not count our chickens, sounds like we're pretty far away from signing him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Haven’t posted too much over the summer on 20:57 - Jun 27 with 1466 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Bit ahead of yourself there but glad to see we’re still in the market, given the reaction to the Bart deal falling through!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Haven’t posted too much over the summer on 21:38 - Jun 27 with 1412 viewsPJH

Haven’t posted too much over the summer on 20:57 - Jun 27 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Bit ahead of yourself there but glad to see we’re still in the market, given the reaction to the Bart deal falling through!

Although with Washington and the Bolton keeper this is the third "new signing" that people have been getting over excited about with one having now signed for someone else and the other two as yet not having signed for us.
Haven’t posted too much over the summer on 21:55 - Jun 27 with 1370 viewsChondzoresk

From Mr Town to Mr Frown in one thread.
Haven’t posted too much over the summer on 09:35 - Jun 28 with 1231 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Haven’t posted too much over the summer on 21:38 - Jun 27 by PJH

Although with Washington and the Bolton keeper this is the third "new signing" that people have been getting over excited about with one having now signed for someone else and the other two as yet not having signed for us.

Yep agree, not commenting on the player (happy to admit I know nothing about him) just the fact that we’re still seemingly looking at options

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Haven’t posted too much over the summer on 09:38 - Jun 28 with 1219 viewsPhilTWTD

Haven’t posted too much over the summer on 21:38 - Jun 27 by PJH

There is rather more to Mayor than the other two though, not sure there was ever anything in Washington and, certainly as things stand with Bart not going anywhere, Matthews is just one of a few we've looked at as potential replacements with Championship clubs also eyeing him. Mayor has been at the club and is one we definitely want.
Login to get fewer ads

Haven’t posted too much over the summer on 09:57 - Jun 28 with 1185 viewsIpswichKnight

Haven’t posted too much over the summer on 09:38 - Jun 28 by PhilTWTD

There is rather more to Mayor than the other two though, not sure there was ever anything in Washington and, certainly as things stand with Bart not going anywhere, Matthews is just one of a few we've looked at as potential replacements with Championship clubs also eyeing him. Mayor has been at the club and is one we definitely want.

That's something Stuart Watson said on the recent podcast, those he spoke to outside the club were sure we were more than interested while those he spoke to at the club were more like we made an enquiry and its gone no further than that.
Haven’t posted too much over the summer on 11:09 - Jun 28 with 1134 viewsPJH

Haven’t posted too much over the summer on 09:38 - Jun 28 by PhilTWTD

I am sure that we are interested and we might well sign him but my post was more relating to people being delighted at the "signing" of players that we had not at that point signed and in fact may never sign.
Haven’t posted too much over the summer on 11:29 - Jun 28 with 1092 viewsPhilTWTD

Haven’t posted too much over the summer on 11:09 - Jun 28 by PJH

I am sure that we are interested and we might well sign him but my post was more relating to people being delighted at the "signing" of players that we had not at that point signed and in fact may never sign.

Yes, does seem a bit presumptious. *Throws Town shirt with Kachloul on the back in the washing bin*
Haven’t posted too much over the summer on 11:41 - Jun 28 with 1074 viewsPhilTWTD

Haven’t posted too much over the summer on 09:57 - Jun 28 by IpswichKnight

That's something Stuart Watson said on the recent podcast, those he spoke to outside the club were sure we were more than interested while those he spoke to at the club were more like we made an enquiry and its gone no further than that.

Not a link where I received any encouragement from anywhere that I can recall, think it was mainly a social media rumour.

Having got Norwood - and that was all but done and dusted some while back - I don't think he's the type of striker we're after. Maybe Washington was viewed as an early alternative to him, although not really the prolific scorer we were after.

We're desperately in need of a bit of height, which was why I asked about the situation with Will Keane on Tuesday. Can't decide whether PL's stated ignorance of WK's current situation was genuine or flat-batting, although I would guess the latter as I think he'd want him if he could get him.

This post has been edited by an administrator
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024