Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We are on a slow treadmill to death.. 22:45 - Jun 28 with 8068 viewsBlueastheycome

As a 27 year old man I’ve seen my life and others change around me in what is a relative short time on planet earth. How does it feel to be 37? How does it feel to be 47? How does it feel to be 87?

Each passing day we step that little bit closer to the inevitable.

At this stage of my life at 27 years old I can only envisage being middle aged with half my life gone and reflect what I could do differently. Or imagine being an 87 year old and having seen your grandparents, parents, siblings, aunties and uncles etc as well as life long friends pass on. Absolutely bonkers.

Growing old is a privilege. I get that. I just wanted all your thoughts on this.

Depressing Friday night thread if there was ever one, I agree, but what would the good people of TWTD do differently? Do you accept that growing old is a natural part of the life cycle or do you pine for when you are 18 again?

[Post edited 28 Jun 2019 22:51]
We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 22:48 - Jun 28 with 3573 viewswiffin1

Not of read the same thing 3 times would definitely be up there.
We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 22:49 - Jun 28 with 3561 viewsBlueastheycome

We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 22:48 - Jun 28 by wiffin1

Not of read the same thing 3 times would definitely be up there.

Edited!
We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 22:53 - Jun 28 with 3526 viewsSpruceMoose

I've felt the same at whatever age I am.

It just gets harder to tie my shoelaces every year.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 22:54 - Jun 28 with 3530 viewsJ2BLUE

is there anything more depressing than thinking about your mistakes? I've made mistakes. one of them I can't even talk about without welling up. I can't imagine thinking about it is going to make me any happier.

i'm going to be a massive hypocrite now. Do as i say, not what i do etc. Forget the past, forget your mistakes and move on. Think about what you want in the future not what you wish you could go back and change.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 23:01 - Jun 28 with 3472 viewsSpruceMoose

We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 22:54 - Jun 28 by J2BLUE

is there anything more depressing than thinking about your mistakes? I've made mistakes. one of them I can't even talk about without welling up. I can't imagine thinking about it is going to make me any happier.

i'm going to be a massive hypocrite now. Do as i say, not what i do etc. Forget the past, forget your mistakes and move on. Think about what you want in the future not what you wish you could go back and change.

The counterpoint to this is that for some people, resolving their past is the only way for them to move forward. I'd encourage this approach first before attempting to just bury something that still troubles you.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 23:07 - Jun 28 with 3451 viewsGuthrum

I made a complete pigs ear of my life at around the age of twenty. Without that, I may never have met the many wonderful friends I have today. Swings and roundabouts.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 23:13 - Jun 28 with 3415 viewsJ2BLUE

We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 23:01 - Jun 28 by SpruceMoose

The counterpoint to this is that for some people, resolving their past is the only way for them to move forward. I'd encourage this approach first before attempting to just bury something that still troubles you.

Not applicable to me but good point.

Truly impaired.

We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 23:21 - Jun 28 with 3387 viewsjeera

We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 23:07 - Jun 28 by Guthrum

I made a complete pigs ear of my life at around the age of twenty. Without that, I may never have met the many wonderful friends I have today. Swings and roundabouts.

What if you fall off the swing and bash your head on the roundabout?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 23:23 - Jun 28 with 3376 viewsfactual_blue

We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 23:21 - Jun 28 by jeera

What if you fall off the swing and bash your head on the roundabout?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 23:27 - Jun 28 with 3361 viewsSpruceMoose

We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 23:13 - Jun 28 by J2BLUE

Not applicable to me but good point.

I said some people.

We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 23:28 - Jun 28 with 3359 viewsjeera

We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 23:27 - Jun 28 by SpruceMoose

I said some people.

And he said 'good point'.

Stop picking on my mate you big lout.

We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 23:30 - Jun 28 with 3350 viewsSpruceMoose

We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 23:28 - Jun 28 by jeera

I'm not picking on anyone! I'm sorry that J2 doesn't find that approach helpful. I hope he has other ways of living his life positively. Nobody deserves to live haunted by their past.

Apart from unrepentant Leave voters.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2019 23:32]

We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 23:31 - Jun 28 with 3344 viewsjeera

We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 23:30 - Jun 28 by SpruceMoose

I'm not picking on anyone! I'm sorry that J2 doesn't find that approach helpful. I hope he has other ways of living his life positively. Nobody deserves to live haunted by their past.

Apart from unrepentant Leave voters.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2019 23:32]

I'm watching you.

How's the mood over there with regards to the game coming up on Tuesday?

Do they fancy their chances?

We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 23:33 - Jun 28 with 3331 viewsJ2BLUE

We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 23:27 - Jun 28 by SpruceMoose

I said some people.

i said good point

Truly impaired.

We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 23:33 - Jun 28 with 3326 viewsSpruceMoose

We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 23:31 - Jun 28 by jeera

I'm watching you.

How's the mood over there with regards to the game coming up on Tuesday?

Do they fancy their chances?

The semi final? I've not seen anyone since the game this afternoon so I don't know!

I work with mainly hockey and NFL fans. They aren't really interested in football, men or women's. That's why I have to keep coming on here with you lot.

We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 23:35 - Jun 28 with 3314 viewsSpruceMoose

We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 23:33 - Jun 28 by J2BLUE

i said good point

Sorry that sounded snippier than I intended it!

We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 23:36 - Jun 28 with 3307 viewscaught-in-limbo

This might resonate with you:

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 23:38 - Jun 28 with 3294 viewsjeera

We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 23:33 - Jun 28 by SpruceMoose

The semi final? I've not seen anyone since the game this afternoon so I don't know!

I work with mainly hockey and NFL fans. They aren't really interested in football, men or women's. That's why I have to keep coming on here with you lot.

That's a shame.

You won't get to big it up with a bit of flag wearing/waving/singing etc then?

Don't they use any excuse over there to chuck a turkey into a barrel of oil or something? I thought this might be one of those occasions.

*I like a bit of stereotyping here and there.

We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 23:39 - Jun 28 with 3295 viewsJ2BLUE

We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 23:28 - Jun 28 by jeera

Thanks jeera

What are you up to? I'm watching Glastonbury pretending I know what the hell Stormzy is talking about.

Truly impaired.

We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 23:39 - Jun 28 with 3295 viewsStNeotsBlue

I've just turned 45 and it isn't inconceivable that I could be a Granddad in the next year or two which is a bit of a headf@ck as in my mind I'm still a virile young buck.

I can still hold my own, just about, playing football with lads half my age at a decent kickaround level but am increasingly aware my best days are behind me.

Best course of action enjoy each day and don't be a tw@t.
We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 23:41 - Jun 28 with 3274 viewsjeera

We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 23:39 - Jun 28 by J2BLUE

Thanks jeera

What are you up to? I'm watching Glastonbury pretending I know what the hell Stormzy is talking about.

There was some thing on the radio today about him not wanting to dance or something.

I still don't know what that means nor why it matters.

I've got a century old Bond film on atm.

We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 23:44 - Jun 28 with 3264 viewsjeera

We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 23:39 - Jun 28 by StNeotsBlue

I've just turned 45 and it isn't inconceivable that I could be a Granddad in the next year or two which is a bit of a headf@ck as in my mind I'm still a virile young buck.

I can still hold my own, just about, playing football with lads half my age at a decent kickaround level but am increasingly aware my best days are behind me.

Best course of action enjoy each day and don't be a tw@t.

I'm a handful of years older than you and can honestly say I felt the way you do at your age.

That disappeared in a flash.

I've since become a right miserable sh!t.

Good luck.

We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 23:46 - Jun 28 with 3244 viewsallezlesbleus

All I can say is don't have too many regrets.

Live life, enjoy Iife, make mistakes and learn from them.

Way better than "what if?"

Everyone gets old / older...…..just enjoy what you can, when you can.
We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 23:46 - Jun 28 with 3242 viewsjeera

We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 23:23 - Jun 28 by factual_blue

You know the old saying...

One door closes - another slams shut.

We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 23:49 - Jun 28 with 3228 viewsSpruceMoose

We are on a slow treadmill to death.. on 23:38 - Jun 28 by jeera

That's a shame.

You won't get to big it up with a bit of flag wearing/waving/singing etc then?

Don't they use any excuse over there to chuck a turkey into a barrel of oil or something? I thought this might be one of those occasions.

*I like a bit of stereotyping here and there.

Shame the game isn't Thursday, we could have spanked them on their birthday.

"This one is for King George!"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024