Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... 22:18 - Jun 29 with 4674 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

....a little gang of Rory Stewarts are rubbing their hands with glee at the hatchet job being done on Jeremy Corbyn!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 23:37 - Jun 29 with 3849 viewsElderGrizzly

It’ll be the Home Office, not Mi5. The latter have actually got important work to do, not worry if a 70 year old man can’t remember if he locked the door or not.
Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 23:48 - Jun 29 with 3825 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 23:37 - Jun 29 by ElderGrizzly

It’ll be the Home Office, not Mi5. The latter have actually got important work to do, not worry if a 70 year old man can’t remember if he locked the door or not.

Not.

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 06:58 - Jun 30 with 3720 viewsBlueBadger

Apparently the chief agent in the 'make the leader of the opposition look like an incompetent, lazy, dithering is codenamed 'Ceremy Jorbyn'...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 08:00 - Jun 30 with 3663 viewsPinewoodblue

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 06:58 - Jun 30 by BlueBadger

Apparently the chief agent in the 'make the leader of the opposition look like an incompetent, lazy, dithering is codenamed 'Ceremy Jorbyn'...

Jeremy C is doing a grand job of it, he doesn't need any help.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 09:43 - Jun 30 with 3554 viewsGlasgowBlue

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 06:58 - Jun 30 by BlueBadger

Indeed. Jezza seems to be making a big enough mess on his own without the help of our spooks.

[Post edited 30 Jun 2019 9:47]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 09:47 - Jun 30 with 3544 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 08:00 - Jun 30 by Pinewoodblue

Jeremy C is doing a grand job of it, he doesn't need any help.

That may be true but this latest episode stinks. With the Tories on the brink of failing to deliver Brexit and becoming unelectable, so we are told, this turn of events has the whiff of dirty tricks from Grizzly's deep state, establishment mates. But that sort of thing wouldn't happen hrre would it.

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 10:00 - Jun 30 with 3516 viewsGlasgowBlue

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 09:47 - Jun 30 by BanksterDebtSlave

That may be true but this latest episode stinks. With the Tories on the brink of failing to deliver Brexit and becoming unelectable, so we are told, this turn of events has the whiff of dirty tricks from Grizzly's deep state, establishment mates. But that sort of thing wouldn't happen hrre would it.

You are correct that the civil service has no business interfering in the democratic process but rumour has it that some of the briefing against Jezza’s health is coming from the office of John McDonnell who has seen how the wind is blowing re Brexit and would like to continue Corbynism without Corbyn.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2019 10:01]

Iron Lion Zion

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 10:02 - Jun 30 with 3503 viewslowhouseblue

given the car crash that is the tories, if i was a member of your deep state i'd be looking desperately for ways to prop up corbyn. perhaps that's even beyond their tricks though?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Login to get fewer ads

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 10:15 - Jun 30 with 3488 viewssparks

Couldn't it just be true? Not that I have a clue what you are talking about because this briefing has been so effective that there is no sign of it on the BBC News page...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 10:19 - Jun 30 with 3480 viewspointofblue

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 10:02 - Jun 30 by lowhouseblue

given the car crash that is the tories, if i was a member of your deep state i'd be looking desperately for ways to prop up corbyn. perhaps that's even beyond their tricks though?

I think Deep State’s wish at the moment would be to get Jeremy Hunt into Number Ten. Imagine him being the best option available...

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 10:47 - Jun 30 with 3447 viewsStokieBlue

What if it's true and he isn't actually fit to be PM?

You have no evidence for anything you are saying which means you are feeding the issues we have at the moment.

I do agree if it's from the civil service then someone should be found for the leak.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 11:00 - Jun 30 with 3430 viewsGlasgowBlue

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 10:47 - Jun 30 by StokieBlue

You have no evidence for anything you are saying which means you are feeding the issues we have at the moment.

I do agree if it's from the civil service then someone should be found for the leak.

SB

I think we are seeing the end of the jeziah

Iron Lion Zion

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 11:42 - Jun 30 with 3397 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 10:47 - Jun 30 by StokieBlue

SB

....and yet this is a totally unsourced article, public interest would mean the source should be public.
Anyway the thought of an office full of diddy, posh Rories(thoroughly good chaps all) was more than I could resist!
[Post edited 30 Jun 2019 11:43]

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 11:48 - Jun 30 with 3380 viewssparks

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 11:42 - Jun 30 by BanksterDebtSlave

....and yet this is a totally unsourced article, public interest would mean the source should be public.
Anyway the thought of an office full of diddy, posh Rories(thoroughly good chaps all) was more than I could resist!
[Post edited 30 Jun 2019 11:43]

Are you really saying that the protection of Corbyn requires the abandoning of the long held journalistic freedom to keep sources confidential?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 12:45 - Jun 30 with 3330 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 11:48 - Jun 30 by sparks

Are you really saying that the protection of Corbyn requires the abandoning of the long held journalistic freedom to keep sources confidential?

It's almost like they can just make stuff up.....which is useful.....but 'fake news' etc.....

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 13:20 - Jun 30 with 3276 viewssparks

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 12:45 - Jun 30 by BanksterDebtSlave

It's almost like they can just make stuff up.....which is useful.....but 'fake news' etc.....

For many years we have accepted that this is the lesser of evils and that press freedom is important.

Are you saying you think it should change?

Do you take the same view every time there is another Boris story or an unsourced "leak" from inside the government?

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 13:46 - Jun 30 with 3239 viewsDarth_Koont

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 13:20 - Jun 30 by sparks

For many years we have accepted that this is the lesser of evils and that press freedom is important.

Do you take the same view every time there is another Boris story or an unsourced "leak" from inside the government?

I know what you're saying but this is someone's opinion about Corbyn's health. Not even a leak about what Corbyn has said or done.

And front page on a newspaper that is well-documented in meddling in politics.

It's just an extension of "Yeah but what about Corbyn?" when the Brexit no-dealers and Tory shamblers get cornered.

Pronouns: He/Him

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 13:48 - Jun 30 with 3241 viewsSpruceMoose

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 09:43 - Jun 30 by GlasgowBlue

Indeed. Jezza seems to be making a big enough mess on his own without the help of our spooks.

[Post edited 30 Jun 2019 9:47]

Those Conservatives doh...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 13:49 - Jun 30 with 3233 viewsGlasgowBlue

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 13:48 - Jun 30 by SpruceMoose

Those Conservatives doh...

I would advise whatever Tory vote there is in Islington to vote Lib Dem.

Iron Lion Zion

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 13:56 - Jun 30 with 3223 viewsStokieBlue

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 12:45 - Jun 30 by BanksterDebtSlave

That's exactly what you've done though.

You can't complain about something if you do exactly the same thing.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 16:01 - Jun 30 with 3113 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 13:56 - Jun 30 by StokieBlue

That's exactly what you've done though.

You can't complain about something if you do exactly the same thing.

SB

If the world was full of you then the feckers could do what they wanted.
OR.....I could call on the pattern of behaviour angle which I think you are keen on (except if it's more than about 30 years old I think!)
Anyway not sure I have complained rather than indulge in some healthy speculation. It's not like Mi5 used to break into little old CND ladies houses or anything so fairly sure they only operate above board.

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 16:30 - Jun 30 with 3087 viewsCBBlue

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 13:49 - Jun 30 by GlasgowBlue

I would advise whatever Tory vote there is in Islington to vote Lib Dem.

Why would the tories want to get rid of Jezza though? It's only because he's such a poor leader that the sh!tshow that is the current government are still in power. I'd imagine it's more likely some of the labour supports will vote lib dem there to get rid of Corbynism.

Poll: School on Monday - are you sending in your R, Y1 or Y6 kids?

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 18:43 - Jun 30 with 3010 viewsWeWereZombies

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 13:20 - Jun 30 by sparks

There is a significant distinction, though, between leaks from within the Cabinet or senior Tories and confidential information being disclosed by civil servants. The former would be accepted by some, well probably by many but with distaste, as part of the cut and thrust of 'all is fair in love and war' politics whilst the latter is at best a breach of guidelines by officials who are expected to behave with much more discretion.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 18:50 - Jun 30 with 3000 viewssparks

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 18:43 - Jun 30 by WeWereZombies

There is a significant distinction, though, between leaks from within the Cabinet or senior Tories and confidential information being disclosed by civil servants. The former would be accepted by some, well probably by many but with distaste, as part of the cut and thrust of 'all is fair in love and war' politics whilst the latter is at best a breach of guidelines by officials who are expected to behave with much more discretion.

No- there is either a principle of not being obliged to reveal your source, or there is not.

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 18:56 - Jun 30 with 2994 viewsWeWereZombies

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 18:50 - Jun 30 by sparks

No- there is either a principle of not being obliged to reveal your source, or there is not.

Different argument - you brought up leaks about Boris from 'inside the Government' as an example. I am saying that such an example is comparing apples with pears.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024