Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Train Tickets 11:06 - Jun 30 with 2607 viewsloyalfan

I have purchased a Season Ticket for this season and seem to remember seeing that I can get a deal with Abellio with it. Does anyone know how I do this and, also, whether I get a better price by booking in advance???

TIA
Train Tickets on 11:11 - Jun 30 with 2583 viewsfactual_blue

https://public.greenrailtravel.co.uk/football.html

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Train Tickets on 13:44 - Jun 30 with 2462 viewsloyalfan

Train Tickets on 11:11 - Jun 30 by factual_blue

https://public.greenrailtravel.co.uk/football.html

Thanks!
Train Tickets on 14:41 - Jun 30 with 2411 viewstown8710

Train Tickets on 13:44 - Jun 30 by loyalfan

Thanks!

Problem is we need our season ticket number and that dont arrive for a few weeks
Train Tickets on 14:53 - Jun 30 with 2400 viewsxrayspecs

Hmm
Have been quoted 391 for 10x match day rail tickets from Liv Street to Ipswich.

Yet is costs only 34 pounds return (advance booking) from where I live in Surrey to Ipswich. That is a 45 min train journey into London Victoria, tube and then Liv St to Ipswich. If you book in advance, and most of our league games are not going to move, then should be cheaper.
Train Tickets on 14:59 - Jun 30 with 2385 viewsNorthstander_Blue

Train Tickets on 14:41 - Jun 30 by town8710

Problem is we need our season ticket number and that dont arrive for a few weeks

Your customer number is the same as last season

Poll: Would you be happy to sign Daryl Murphy?

Train Tickets on 15:04 - Jun 30 with 2380 viewstown8710

Train Tickets on 14:59 - Jun 30 by Northstander_Blue

Your customer number is the same as last season

Ahh brill
Train Tickets on 15:12 - Jun 30 with 2372 viewsloyalfan

Train Tickets on 14:53 - Jun 30 by xrayspecs

Hmm

Yet is costs only 34 pounds return (advance booking) from where I live in Surrey to Ipswich. That is a 45 min train journey into London Victoria, tube and then Liv St to Ipswich. If you book in advance, and most of our league games are not going to move, then should be cheaper.

I have just been looking at Trainline and its considerably cheaper to use them- can buy in advance but can also cancel/change the tickets so more flexibility. Cant understand how Abellio can say they are giving us a good rate when even with their supposed discount their tickets work out at £40 return per match whereas with Trainline I can get it for half that price....
Train Tickets on 15:18 - Jun 30 with 2368 viewstractorian

Train Tickets on 14:53 - Jun 30 by xrayspecs

Hmm

From what i remember of last season, trains didn't run between Liverpool Street and Ipswich for half the time on Saturdays. Is the situation different now?
Login to get fewer ads

Train Tickets on 15:41 - Jun 30 with 2327 viewsChateauWines

Just checked from Marks Tey. It’s 75p per fane dearer than just turning up in the day. What a con

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

Train Tickets on 08:11 - Jul 1 with 2037 viewslinhdi

Train Tickets on 15:18 - Jun 30 by tractorian

From what i remember of last season, trains didn't run between Liverpool Street and Ipswich for half the time on Saturdays. Is the situation different now?

They only announce engineering works 2-3 months in advance, sometimes less. But we can expect quite a lot of rail replacement buses, judging by the last 20 years. Maybe longer, but I don't go back that far in these parts.
Train Tickets on 09:19 - Jul 1 with 1969 viewsgingerbond

Taking into consideration that trains don't run on Boxing day the train season ticket works out about 40p cheaper a game for me! That can't be right, was 30% cheaper per game last season.
Train Tickets on 10:01 - Jul 1 with 1927 viewsloyalfan

Train Tickets on 09:19 - Jul 1 by gingerbond

Taking into consideration that trains don't run on Boxing day the train season ticket works out about 40p cheaper a game for me! That can't be right, was 30% cheaper per game last season.

I think I might email Abellio as that just doesn't make sense. I am glad I looked into fares rather than just go ahead and buy this supposedly discounted Season Ticket.
Train Tickets on 16:30 - Jul 1 with 1805 viewsgingerbond

Train Tickets on 10:01 - Jul 1 by loyalfan

I think I might email Abellio as that just doesn't make sense. I am glad I looked into fares rather than just go ahead and buy this supposedly discounted Season Ticket.

Go for it! Would be interested to hear their response.
Train Tickets on 16:33 - Jul 1 with 1797 viewsHerbivore

The train season tickets are meant to offer somewhere between 25% and 30% off a standard off peak day return. When I've checked in the past they do exactly that. If you live somewhere where you can have advance fares for the journey on specific trains then that will likely be cheaper, but some journeys don't offer discounted advance fares.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024