Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TWTD Runners 09:10 - Jul 1 with 2279 viewsFixed_It

When do you run? I have decided that early morning is best for me - especially in the summer months. Sets me up for the day nicely.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2019 9:21]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

TWTD Runners on 09:10 - Jul 1 with 2270 viewsBigManBlue

Usually once I've finished the main meal, just before they ask if I'd like dessert.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

TWTD Runners on 09:20 - Jul 1 with 2230 viewsFixed_It

TWTD Runners on 09:10 - Jul 1 by BigManBlue

Usually once I've finished the main meal, just before they ask if I'd like dessert.

Not sure that was the information I was looking for, but deserves an uppie...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

TWTD Runners on 09:37 - Jul 1 with 2200 viewsTIB

TWTD Runners on 09:10 - Jul 1 by BigManBlue

Thought I knew you from somewhere...

[Post edited 1 Jul 2019 9:38]

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

TWTD Runners on 14:05 - Jul 1 with 2077 viewsBrianTablet

I think we're all different, but apparently our body clock is more suited to afternoon/evening for exercise. I think we have lower immunity in the morning or something.

If you are targeting a race, I definitely think there's a benefit to training at the time of that race. i.e. 9am race, train around 9am. It gets your body used to 'performing' at that time of day.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

TWTD Runners on 14:43 - Jul 1 with 2046 viewsITFC_Forever

Hate running early in the morning.... feel like I just want to go back to bed.

Usually run after work, so around 6-7pm... although will run later in the morning after walking the dog at weekends.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

TWTD Runners on 14:44 - Jul 1 with 2043 viewsSwansea_Blue

TWTD Runners on 14:05 - Jul 1 by BrianTablet

I think we're all different, but apparently our body clock is more suited to afternoon/evening for exercise. I think we have lower immunity in the morning or something.

If you are targeting a race, I definitely think there's a benefit to training at the time of that race. i.e. 9am race, train around 9am. It gets your body used to 'performing' at that time of day.

Mine's best suited to just once a year at the moment. Don't want to overdo it.

I need to get active again; coming home from a day on TWTD and cracking open a cold one is a bit of a habit. Both need to stop really before I lose my job and boyish good looks.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Run? on 14:44 - Jul 1 with 2040 viewsDyland

pfffft

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

TWTD Runners on 16:52 - Jul 1 with 1993 viewspickles110564

TWTD Runners on 14:05 - Jul 1 by BrianTablet

Thanx for this, now I have a quality excuse for running so badly in the park runs
Login to get fewer ads

TWTD Runners on 17:50 - Jul 1 with 1966 viewsGlasgowBlue

Morning. I struggle to motivate myself for an evening run.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

TWTD Runners on 17:58 - Jul 1 with 1963 viewsHolyGoalie

TWTD Runners on 17:50 - Jul 1 by GlasgowBlue

Morning. I struggle to motivate myself for an evening run.

Thanks for sharing

Ipswich by the grace of gloves

TWTD Runners on 18:57 - Jul 1 with 1935 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Whenever I can fit it in is probably the most accurate answer, but tends to be either morning or during my lunch break during the week as struggle to get motivated in the evening

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

TWTD Runners on 21:08 - Jul 1 with 1896 viewssohamblue74

Definitely morning runs for me. Higher energy and motivation than in the evening.
Also good training for race events which are always morning starts. Can grind out a short evening run but don't enjoy it. Love the smug feeling normally in Winter of a good length run on a weekend morning before rest of family are up and about.
TWTD Runners on 22:23 - Jul 1 with 1855 viewsNoCanariesAllowed

Morning for me where possible. If I'm only doing a short one I can get up and out on an empty stomach, but I tend to do longer runs at the weekend so make sure I have a reasonable breakfast and then go out at least a couple of hours later. Ideally, I like to go out, do it and then get on with the rest of my day in the satisfaction of knowing I've got it off to an active start.

I've done plenty of late runs - especially at this time of year where there are some days when the temperature feels too high until the sun goes down - but then I find my whole evening kinda feels like I have to gee myself up to go out, and it kinda makes things more complicated in terms of planning dinner early enough to fit the run in afterwards. Plus in my experience, I don't put in good times in the evenings - most of my PBs have come early in the day.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2019 22:23]
TWTD Runners on 12:00 - Jul 2 with 1737 viewsglasso

February 29th, without fail.
TWTD Runners on 12:42 - Jul 2 with 1705 viewsBiGDonnie

TWTD Runners on 14:44 - Jul 1 by Swansea_Blue

Mine's best suited to just once a year at the moment. Don't want to overdo it.

I need to get active again; coming home from a day on TWTD and cracking open a cold one is a bit of a habit. Both need to stop really before I lose my job and boyish good looks.

Brilliant.

We've all been there. I certainly was at points during my yoof... 'Have I spent too long on TWTD'!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

TWTD Runners on 12:49 - Jul 2 with 1699 viewsTractorWood

I don't do much running in the Summer. More cycling and swimming.

If I do run it will be a shorter distance at a reasonable pace. That said, I have a half Ironman on Sunday and the half marathon will be in the peak of the heat.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024