Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PPI insurance 13:03 - Jul 1 with 1835 viewsEly_Blue

I had some great news back on this today, sure I used a claims company who will take a % of my payout, what has truly astonished me about the whole thing is not that ppi payments were taken, it’s the sheer level of commission they take

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

PPI insurance on 13:05 - Jul 1 with 1797 viewsFixed_It

Which claims company did you use (out of curiosity)?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

PPI insurance on 13:13 - Jul 1 with 1747 viewsSouperJim

I'm waiting on a payout from lloyds courtesy of reclaimppi.co.uk who someone on here recommended (sorry can't recall who). Their fee is 12% (including vat) which is far better than most.

It's always better to do it yourself and I have already had one payout off my own back, but this one I never would have had otherwise as I was oblivious that I ever had ppi from Lloyds. In that sense, it's well worth doing.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

PPI insurance on 13:13 - Jul 1 with 1742 viewschicoazul

PPI insurance on 13:05 - Jul 1 by Fixed_It

Which claims company did you use (out of curiosity)?

Yep yep yep please tell us, im going to have one more shot at this, I got a small payout in 2014 but one bank I had a credit card with said no so I am going to take another crack.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

PPI insurance on 13:15 - Jul 1 with 1727 viewschicoazul

PPI insurance on 13:13 - Jul 1 by SouperJim

I'm waiting on a payout from lloyds courtesy of reclaimppi.co.uk who someone on here recommended (sorry can't recall who). Their fee is 12% (including vat) which is far better than most.

It's always better to do it yourself and I have already had one payout off my own back, but this one I never would have had otherwise as I was oblivious that I ever had ppi from Lloyds. In that sense, it's well worth doing.

Brother, do you basically just give them your name & addresses over the years or do you have to tell them which lenders/banks etc you had products with..? I can't remember most of mine.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

PPI insurance on 13:24 - Jul 1 with 1671 viewsSouperJim

PPI insurance on 13:15 - Jul 1 by chicoazul

Brother, do you basically just give them your name & addresses over the years or do you have to tell them which lenders/banks etc you had products with..? I can't remember most of mine.

They do ask you which lenders you want to try and claim from, but there is nothing to stop you ticking the whole lot. You don't have to provide any details of lending, they will send you standard forms and the lenders then have to search for any records.

It's worth reading up what constitutes a valid complaint. I.e. mis-sold through pressure selling, being told you would not be approved for lending without ppi etc. As far as I understand i, if you don't state you were mis-sold, they can just turn you away regardless. The one claim I've had off my own back the lender tried to get me to change my story over the phone and I had to be quite firm.

PPI insurance on 13:44 - Jul 1 with 1573 viewsHerbivore

PPI insurance on 13:13 - Jul 1 by SouperJim

If I don't have any paperwork relating to my old loans and credit cards and indeed I'm not sure I even had PPI, can they still look into it for me to see if I can make a claim?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

PPI insurance on 13:47 - Jul 1 with 1561 viewsSouperJim

PPI insurance on 13:44 - Jul 1 by Herbivore

If I don't have any paperwork relating to my old loans and credit cards and indeed I'm not sure I even had PPI, can they still look into it for me to see if I can make a claim?

Yep, as above, just enter basic info like your address history and tick boxes for which lenders you think you may have had ppi from. They then generate forms based on this info, you sign them and they do the rest. As each lender responds they'll tell you the outcome.

Worse case scenario the lender responds and say they don't have/can't locate any records for you. Cost to you, zero.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2019 13:48]

PPI insurance on 13:53 - Jul 1 with 1534 viewsEly_Blue

PPI insurance on 13:24 - Jul 1 by SouperJim

They do ask you which lenders you want to try and claim from, but there is nothing to stop you ticking the whole lot. You don't have to provide any details of lending, they will send you standard forms and the lenders then have to search for any records.

It's worth reading up what constitutes a valid complaint. I.e. mis-sold through pressure selling, being told you would not be approved for lending without ppi etc. As far as I understand i, if you don't state you were mis-sold, they can just turn you away regardless. The one claim I've had off my own back the lender tried to get me to change my story over the phone and I had to be quite firm.

One of the amounts I heard back about today recognises that they don’t think they mis sold me ppi but they recognise that the amount of commission that was taken on the ppi was excessively high and they have repaid me £1300.

Just to clarify my comment in the OP I wasn’t complaining about the fee that the ppi claims company takes, they are doing all of the hard work for me and I am having the odd phone call with them and signing a few letters, no hard calls with lenders etc

Login to get fewer ads

PPI insurance on 13:57 - Jul 1 with 1518 viewsEly_Blue

PPI insurance on 13:44 - Jul 1 by Herbivore

Yes, some lenders will insist on paperwork, others just accept things and investigate.

PPI insurance on 15:35 - Jul 1 with 1366 viewsBLUEBEAT

PPI insurance on 13:53 - Jul 1 by Ely_Blue

One of the amounts I heard back about today recognises that they don’t think they mis sold me ppi but they recognise that the amount of commission that was taken on the ppi was excessively high and they have repaid me £1300.

Just to clarify my comment in the OP I wasn’t complaining about the fee that the ppi claims company takes, they are doing all of the hard work for me and I am having the odd phone call with them and signing a few letters, no hard calls with lenders etc

How long did it take?

I sent off a load of forms a couple of months ago and haven’t heard anything since!

Poll: W or W

PPI insurance on 15:39 - Jul 1 with 1358 viewsHerbivore

PPI insurance on 13:47 - Jul 1 by SouperJim

Yep, as above, just enter basic info like your address history and tick boxes for which lenders you think you may have had ppi from. They then generate forms based on this info, you sign them and they do the rest. As each lender responds they'll tell you the outcome.

Worse case scenario the lender responds and say they don't have/can't locate any records for you. Cost to you, zero.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2019 13:48]

Cool, thanks pal. I've put in a claim to see what's what. I've had a few loans and credit cards over the years so it's possible there was some missold PPI in there somewhere.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

PPI insurance on 16:19 - Jul 1 with 1277 viewsnorth_stand77

Filled in forms a few months ago to various reclaim companies.

One phoned me last week saying that I hadn't been mis-sold a mortgage but I had overpaid repayments. He said that it was about £15,000 to come back, with me receiving about £11,000 and they take the rest. This apparently will be happening around Christmas time........we shall see.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024