Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2019/20 your expectations.. 15:51 - Jul 2 with 7096 viewsAYACCA

How do you think 2019/20 will shape up for town?
we can take a look back here at the end of the season and compare.

For me John:
Defence will still be a problem and we'll continue conceding sloppy goals.
Midfield will be slick with the ball, no good without it.
we'll be creative but heavily reliant on Norwood to score.
Think the league will be tougher than expected but we'll blood youngsters.
Think we'll struggle to make playoffs but be much stronger the following season with a more settled side.

just my gut feeling
2019/20 your expectations.. on 15:56 - Jul 2 with 4583 viewsJammyDodgerrr

I think we'll finish fourth and go up via the play offs. Optimism ahoy, but i think it will all click after a pre-season but we will be outdone by the 'bigger' teams in Sunderland/Portsmouth and Rotherham will be up there.

I think it will be a good season overall, lots of entertaining play and goals, not many draws because of our leaky back four, but enjoyment all round.

Oh, and Huws will get fit and score at wembley in the checkatrade final.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

2019/20 your expectations.. on 15:59 - Jul 2 with 4571 viewsHerbivore

We'll finish second.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

2019/20 your expectations.. on 16:00 - Jul 2 with 4569 viewschristiand

Hoping we'll start seeing PL's team being built and one that plays good football and has a good sprinkling of our youngsters involved. We start well and the confidence will grow quickly. I've got my fingers crossed for a very positive season.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

2019/20 your expectations.. on 16:01 - Jul 2 with 4568 viewsKieran_Knows

My personal expectation is Top 2 and anything below that will be a failure. I just feel given the amount of grace Lambert was given last season, he should have the players fit and firing come the start of August. That being said, I also expected a few more players in the door by now (again, given we've known since at least Feb/March we was going down, PL and the scouting team would've had a list drawn up of who we want and as soon as the season was finished, we'd have been on to them straight away).

I'll probably get pelters for that, but hey ho.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

2019/20 your expectations.. on 16:03 - Jul 2 with 4554 viewsSuperblue95

5th. Lose in the Play Offs

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

2019/20 your expectations.. on 16:12 - Jul 2 with 4537 viewsDanTheMan

Won't make the playoffs.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Yeah, pretty similar to me.... on 16:16 - Jul 2 with 4544 viewsBloots

....with the current squad we'll be in with a sneak of making the play offs for most of the season, but will ultimately miss out.

Probably finish around 10th.

If we lose any players before end of the window we could be looking at bottom half.

The defence is a disaster zone in terms of depth and Lambert has shown nothing to indicate that he can improve them in any way.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

2019/20 your expectations.. on 16:18 - Jul 2 with 4514 viewsfactual_blue

My expectation is of a brilliant five-week trip to Australia and Bali to celebrate my 65th birthday and our 30th wedding (we'll be in Sydney for our actual anniversary, which we're going to celebrate with a harbour dinner cruise.

#lookatme

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

2019/20 your expectations.. on 16:23 - Jul 2 with 4519 viewsChurchman

The team were relegated by a country mile last year. The club has accepted mediocrity for a long time now and is used to losing week in week out. There also appears on the outside to be little desire within the club to get back to the Championship with the only financial outlay being on a tin of paint.

The 3rd division will not be a walk in the park and if we are relying on Chambers and poor old Skuse, it’s going to be a very long season. If we make the top 6 it will be a major achievement in my view. I hope Lambert is able to pull together some sort of team that can get us close to that and that particularly the club’s own players step up, but I suspect top half is a more realistic aim given where we are.
2019/20 your expectations.. on 16:24 - Jul 2 with 4514 viewsBlueBadger

Slow start through August/Spetember byy a team with no confidence and a bad losing habit, picking up somewhat over winter and an end-of season surge that's not down to the fact that we score more goals but by Lambert realising that the defence in its current form isn't up to the job will see us finish 8th.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2019 16:29]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

2019/20 your expectations.. on 16:25 - Jul 2 with 4490 viewsMaySixth

14th at best

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

2019/20 your expectations.. on 16:27 - Jul 2 with 4493 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Midtable.

The defence has been a problem for few years and nothing has been done to get it improved. As things stand we have two average (at best) full-backs and a geriatric CB.

No experience in this team to influence games in positive way.

Need at least one more striker but here is the problem that is lack of investment. A quality costs.

No investment, disastrous ownership, not enough quality therefore we won't be a threat.
2019/20 your expectations.. on 16:31 - Jul 2 with 4465 viewsBlueBadger

Anyone not saying '100 points, 100 goals' in this thread should just go away and support Norwich.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

2019/20 your expectations.. on 16:34 - Jul 2 with 4451 viewsJakeITFC

Playoffs at the absolute minimum on the basis that we sign some defenders soon.
2019/20 your expectations.. on 16:37 - Jul 2 with 4446 viewsSouperJim

I make you about right as things stand, a lot depends on how the squad changes between now and August. If Bart goes and we bring in a couple of key outfield players, top 2 is possible. If the squad gets any weaker than it is now, or we have injuries to important players during the season, god help us...

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

2019/20 your expectations.. on 16:49 - Jul 2 with 4419 viewsSWGF

2019/20 your expectations.. on 16:18 - Jul 2 by factual_blue

My expectation is of a brilliant five-week trip to Australia and Bali to celebrate my 65th birthday and our 30th wedding (we'll be in Sydney for our actual anniversary, which we're going to celebrate with a harbour dinner cruise.

#lookatme

Your "6" appears to be dangerously close to the "8" on your keyboard

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

2019/20 your expectations.. on 16:50 - Jul 2 with 4409 viewshomer_123

Just missing the play-offs.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

2019/20 your expectations.. on 16:56 - Jul 2 with 4395 viewsDombeyBlue

I am the biggest pessimist on this site, but...

We are going up as champions....

WATCH THIS SPACE!!
2019/20 your expectations.. on 17:08 - Jul 2 with 4342 viewsfactual_blue

2019/20 your expectations.. on 16:49 - Jul 2 by SWGF

Your "6" appears to be dangerously close to the "8" on your keyboard

I have forwarded your post to the organisations who look into this sort of thing.

2019/20 your expectations.. on 17:27 - Jul 2 with 4320 viewsIllinoisblue

promotion or death

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

2019/20 your expectations.. on 17:47 - Jul 2 with 4285 viewsSpruceMoose

Do not forget how abysmal we were last year and how little has changed this year.

Pushing for the playoffs, ultimately failing to get there. Better chance of promotion the year after.

Please ITFC, prove me wrong.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

2019/20 your expectations.. on 17:48 - Jul 2 with 4283 viewsPendejo

Defeat at the hands of Narridge United FACR1

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

2019/20 your expectations.. on 18:17 - Jul 2 with 4235 viewsfactual_blue

2019/20 your expectations.. on 16:31 - Jul 2 by BlueBadger

Anyone not saying '100 points, 100 goals' in this thread should just go away and support Norwich.

101 points, 101 goals.

Now, how do I get to carrow road?

2019/20 your expectations.. on 18:21 - Jul 2 with 4245 viewsDarth_Koont

I'll be honest, I just don't know. We were a team that lacked substance last year. A team that competed without ultimately competing.

I think a lot of that was to do with a lack of confidence and any sort of momentum. The good news is that we should be more confident this year and we should get the benefit of playing against worse individuals that won't expose our weaknesses so easily.

So if we become a team next season then we should do well and be in the mix for the play-offs. But think that might take some time and patience and I wouldn't expect us to be top 2.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2019 18:23]

Pronouns: He/Him

2019/20 your expectations.. on 18:22 - Jul 2 with 4247 viewsHerbivore

Lots of pessimism going on. 5 of the last 6 relegated sides have finished in the top 6 the following season and 4 of them have gone straight back up at the first attempt. I don't see us as being in significantly worse shape than those sides were.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024