Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your best Ipswich XI since Premier League relegation? 19:52 - Jul 2 with 10201 viewscaptainfantastic

Mine:

GK - Alexander

RB - Wright
LB - Cresswell
CB - De Vos
CB - McCauley

CM - Magilton
CM - Norris
LM - Fraser
RM - Walters

ST - McGoldrick
ST - D Bent

Poll: player of the season so far?

Your best Ipswich XI since Premier League relegation? on 19:55 - Jul 2 with 5933 viewsJ2BLUE

Can't argue with that. Superb team. If loans are allowed I would struggle not to include Gio but not sure who I would take out for him.

As much as I love Bent I might have to put Murph in with McGoldrick.

Oh and can I ever so politely point out that it is 'McAuley'.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Your best Ipswich XI since Premier League relegation? on 19:55 - Jul 2 with 5944 viewsSuperblue95

Murphy and Berra should be in there somewhere. I wouldn’t include Alexander as he was only here 5 minutes and I wouldn’t include Fraser as he was a loanee

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Your best Ipswich XI since Premier League relegation? on 20:13 - Jul 2 with 5899 viewsWickhamsLeftBoot

Surprised Kuqi or Berra aren’t included. I’d also have Davis over Alexander.
Your best Ipswich XI since Premier League relegation? on 20:22 - Jul 2 with 5871 viewsSamWhiteUK

I'd have Murph over McGoldrick
Your best Ipswich XI since Premier League relegation? on 20:26 - Jul 2 with 5862 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Norris?

If we’ve not had a better central midfielder Magilton aside then we are in trouble.

Norris wasn’t even the best in the teams he played in. Legwinski was miles better.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Your best Ipswich XI since Premier League relegation? on 20:26 - Jul 2 with 5862 viewsjudespiveyg

Don't let the fact that David Norris had one goal scoring season distract you from the fact that he wasn't that good and was a waste of money.
For me Mings was better than Cresswell but accept both were great.
Davis or Bialkowski in goal.
Other than that probably about right.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Your best Ipswich XI since Premier League relegation? on 20:28 - Jul 2 with 5852 viewsSuperblue95

Your best Ipswich XI since Premier League relegation? on 20:26 - Jul 2 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Norris?

If we’ve not had a better central midfielder Magilton aside then we are in trouble.

Norris wasn’t even the best in the teams he played in. Legwinski was miles better.

Norris loved a goal though. Haven’t had a goal scoring central midfielder since him

Your best Ipswich XI since Premier League relegation? on 20:31 - Jul 2 with 5830 viewsJ2BLUE

Your best Ipswich XI since Premier League relegation? on 20:26 - Jul 2 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Norris?

I would very, VERY reluctantly take Norris out for loanee Bullard. I hate Bullard.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Your best Ipswich XI since Premier League relegation? on 21:16 - Jul 2 with 5763 viewsDinnernotTea

Your best Ipswich XI since Premier League relegation? on 20:28 - Jul 2 by Superblue95

Norris loved a goal though. Haven’t had a goal scoring central midfielder since him

Did he? Bagged a huge 13 goals in 106 games. A complete waste of £2m.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Your best Ipswich XI since Premier League relegation? on 21:26 - Jul 2 with 5739 viewsSuperblue95

Your best Ipswich XI since Premier League relegation? on 21:16 - Jul 2 by DinnernotTea

Did he? Bagged a huge 13 goals in 106 games. A complete waste of £2m.

Well I’ll admit I thought he got more than that but it’s still a much better return than our current lot.

I’ve always felt Norris is harshly criticised on here. He wasn’t fantastic but I thought he was decent enough. Not his fault we overspent for him

Your best Ipswich XI since Premier League relegation? on 21:50 - Jul 2 with 5713 viewsDarkHorse

Norris?! He was garbage, ffs.
Your best Ipswich XI since Premier League relegation? on 23:41 - Jul 2 with 5631 viewsbournemouthblue

Mine would be

Begovic

Cresswell
De Vos
Macauley
Stearman

Fraser
Magilton
Miller
Walters

Gio
Bent

Subs - Bart, Mings, Wilnis, Mahon, Lawrence, Kuqi, Murphy

Norris imho was massively overated and no better than Gavin Williams before his injury

Holland was still here for a season which is easy to forget

Obviously Rhodes didn't figure enough to feature with the same true for Marriott

Wickham can't be far from the team

The much underated Webster should go on to potentially bigger things than Macauley

Waghorn had he have been here longer would be knocking on the door

Edit: Westlake dropped for Lawrence
[Post edited 2 Jul 2019 23:45]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Your best Ipswich XI since Premier League relegation? on 00:33 - Jul 3 with 5587 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Your best Ipswich XI since Premier League relegation? on 20:28 - Jul 2 by Superblue95

For the amount of money Magilton spent on him he should have won this league on his own for us.
Your best Ipswich XI since Premier League relegation? on 07:25 - Jul 3 with 5476 viewsTractorCam

Your best Ipswich XI since Premier League relegation? on 23:41 - Jul 2 by bournemouthblue

Mine would be

Begovic

Cresswell
De Vos
Macauley
Stearman

Fraser
Magilton
Miller
Walters

Gio
Bent

Subs - Bart, Mings, Wilnis, Mahon, Lawrence, Kuqi, Murphy

Norris imho was massively overated and no better than Gavin Williams before his injury

Holland was still here for a season which is easy to forget

Obviously Rhodes didn't figure enough to feature with the same true for Marriott

Wickham can't be far from the team

The much underated Webster should go on to potentially bigger things than Macauley

Waghorn had he have been here longer would be knocking on the door

Edit: Westlake dropped for Lawrence
[Post edited 2 Jul 2019 23:45]

I'm amazed you've put Stearman over Wilnis and Wright.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Your best Ipswich XI since Premier League relegation? on 07:39 - Jul 3 with 5449 viewsHerbivore

Are people including McAuley based on the career he has after leaving Town? He was really patchy for us, at times he was terrible. Based purely on performances for us I make him way behind Berra. There may be others I'd have ahead of him too.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Your best Ipswich XI since Premier League relegation? on 07:47 - Jul 3 with 5448 viewsSuperblue95

Your best Ipswich XI since Premier League relegation? on 00:33 - Jul 3 by Mach_foreignBlue

For the amount of money Magilton spent on him he should have won this league on his own for us.

Again, not his fault that we overpaid for him. He’s still over criticised on here though

Your best Ipswich XI since Premier League relegation? on 07:58 - Jul 3 with 5423 viewsGooders7592

Davis

Cresswell
De Vos
Berra
Wilnis

Skuse
Miller
Magilton

Murphy
Bent
Walters

I really struggled for another centre mid other than Magilton & Miller so went with Skuse as I prefer him to other options. Didnt include loan players otherwise Gio & Fraser would have probably been included.
Your best Ipswich XI since Premier League relegation? on 08:24 - Jul 3 with 5385 viewsBlueastheycome

Norris?

Tommy Miller
Your best Ipswich XI since Premier League relegation? on 08:27 - Jul 3 with 5382 viewsOwainG1992

Gk: Bart
RB: Wright
CB: Mcauley
CB: Berra
LB: Cresswell
RM: Ward
CM: Norris
CM: Big Jim
LM: Walters
ST: Murphy
ST: Bent

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Your best Ipswich XI since Premier League relegation? on 08:28 - Jul 3 with 5367 viewsHerbivore

Your best Ipswich XI since Premier League relegation? on 08:27 - Jul 3 by OwainG1992

Gk: Bart
RB: Wright
CB: Mcauley
CB: Berra
LB: Cresswell
RM: Ward
CM: Norris
CM: Big Jim
LM: Walters
ST: Murphy
ST: Bent

Ward?!

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Your best Ipswich XI since Premier League relegation? on 08:32 - Jul 3 with 5355 viewschiddley

Your best Ipswich XI since Premier League relegation? on 07:58 - Jul 3 by Gooders7592

Davis

Cresswell
De Vos
Berra
Wilnis

Skuse
Miller
Magilton

Murphy
Bent
Walters

I really struggled for another centre mid other than Magilton & Miller so went with Skuse as I prefer him to other options. Didnt include loan players otherwise Gio & Fraser would have probably been included.

Skuse? ....this is a joke right ?

Poll: The best joke petition of the last few days

Your best Ipswich XI since Premier League relegation? on 08:36 - Jul 3 with 5340 viewscaptainfantastic

Your best Ipswich XI since Premier League relegation? on 07:25 - Jul 3 by TractorCam

I'm amazed you've put Stearman over Wilnis and Wright.

Stearman was massive for us when he came in tbf

Poll: player of the season so far?

Your best Ipswich XI since Premier League relegation? on 08:40 - Jul 3 with 5331 viewsITFC_Forever

Bart

D Wright
McAuley
Berra
Cresswell

Ambrose
Magilton
Holland

McGoldrick
Murphy
Bent

Not including any loans, and there's probably some obvious ones I've missed.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Your best Ipswich XI since Premier League relegation? on 08:41 - Jul 3 with 5325 viewsITFC_Forever

Your best Ipswich XI since Premier League relegation? on 07:39 - Jul 3 by Herbivore

Are people including McAuley based on the career he has after leaving Town? He was really patchy for us, at times he was terrible. Based purely on performances for us I make him way behind Berra. There may be others I'd have ahead of him too.

No he wasn't, he was generally excellent for us, but had an annoying knack of starting the season slowly for the first 5-10 games.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Your best Ipswich XI since Premier League relegation? on 08:46 - Jul 3 with 5320 viewsBigManBlue

With no loanees, I'd go for;

Bart

Mings
Wright
Berra
Wilnis

Skuse
Magilton
McGoldrick

Bent
Murphy
Walters

Bit of a weird midfield I'll admit, just goes to highlight how long it's been since we've had someone who can boss games in that part of the pitch for me.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024