Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there a case for having the penalty spot slightly closer to the goal 21:53 - Jul 2 with 2098 viewsGlasgowBlue

In the women’s game? As they do with a Tee in golf.

None of the pens I have seen in this we are struck with the same power as one taken by somebody like Marcus Rashford.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Is there a case for having the penalty spot slightly closer to the goal on 21:53 - Jul 2 with 1683 viewswkj

No, essentially

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Is there a case for having the penalty spot slightly closer to the goal on 21:54 - Jul 2 with 1673 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Nope.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Arf. (n/t) on 21:55 - Jul 2 with 1656 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Is there a case for having the penalty spot slightly closer to the goal on 21:55 - Jul 2 with 1658 viewsSitfcB

Yup.

Should have smaller pitches and goals.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Is there a case for having the penalty spot slightly closer to the goal on 21:56 - Jul 2 with 1651 viewsSwansea_Blue

The keepers aren't as big/dynamic/athletic either, so maybe it balances out? I could slot a pen home easily enough when I was 13 though. I think it was just a sh*t pen.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is there a case for having the penalty spot slightly closer to the goal on 21:57 - Jul 2 with 1630 viewswkj

Is there a case for having the penalty spot slightly closer to the goal on 21:55 - Jul 2 by SitfcB

Yup.

My answer might change if that was suggested in the OP along side the spot.

Crybaby

Is there a case for having the penalty spot slightly closer to the goal on 21:58 - Jul 2 with 1624 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Is there a case for having the penalty spot slightly closer to the goal on 21:55 - Jul 2 by SitfcB

Yup.

Surely the bigger goal should make the penalty even easier.

Given the way Bronze struck the ball the other night, I don't think the distance is an issue.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Is there a case for having the penalty spot slightly closer to the goal on 22:00 - Jul 2 with 1599 viewsclive_baker

Is the penalty conversion % in womens football lower than mens?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Is there a case for having the penalty spot slightly closer to the goal on 22:03 - Jul 2 with 1572 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

There's a pattern of behaviour emerging here Glassers!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Is there a case for having the penalty spot slightly closer to the goal on 22:05 - Jul 2 with 1552 viewsGlasgowBlue

Is there a case for having the penalty spot slightly closer to the goal on 22:03 - Jul 2 by BanksterDebtSlave

Indeed. Three missed penalties.

Iron Lion Zion

Is there a case for having the penalty spot slightly closer to the goal on 22:08 - Jul 2 with 1526 viewsDarth_Koont

Is there a case for having the penalty spot slightly closer to the goal on 22:03 - Jul 2 by BanksterDebtSlave

Surprised he's not blamed Corbyn ...

Pronouns: He/Him

Is there a case for having the penalty spot slightly closer to the goal on 22:10 - Jul 2 with 1517 viewsGlasgowBlue

Is there a case for having the penalty spot slightly closer to the goal on 22:08 - Jul 2 by Darth_Koont

Surprised you’ve not blamed Israel.

Iron Lion Zion

Is there a case for having the penalty spot slightly closer to the goal on 22:12 - Jul 2 with 1502 viewswkj

Is there a case for having the penalty spot slightly closer to the goal on 22:08 - Jul 2 by Darth_Koont

you brute

Crybaby

Is there a case for having the penalty spot slightly closer to the goal on 22:12 - Jul 2 with 1500 viewswkj

Is there a case for having the penalty spot slightly closer to the goal on 22:10 - Jul 2 by GlasgowBlue

you tinker

Crybaby

Is there a case for having the penalty spot slightly closer to the goal on 22:12 - Jul 2 with 1497 viewsDarth_Koont

Is there a case for having the penalty spot slightly closer to the goal on 22:10 - Jul 2 by GlasgowBlue

Nah. They'd never do anything shady.

But Corbyn looks guilty.

Is there a case for having the penalty spot slightly closer to the goal on 22:15 - Jul 2 with 1482 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Is there a case for having the penalty spot slightly closer to the goal on 22:15 - Jul 2 with 1486 viewsPhilTWTD

Yup.

Surely as men have got bigger, fitter and quicker since the pitch size was formulated 100-plus years ago men's pitches should be made bigger!
Is there a case for having the penalty spot slightly closer to the goal on 22:25 - Jul 2 with 1413 viewsGlasgowBlue

Is there a case for having the penalty spot slightly closer to the goal on 22:15 - Jul 2 by PhilTWTD

Surely as men have got bigger, fitter and quicker since the pitch size was formulated 100-plus years ago men's pitches should be made bigger!

Mike Parry has been saying this for years. Especially raising the height of the crossbar as goalies are now taller.

Iron Lion Zion

Is there a case for having the penalty spot slightly closer to the goal on 22:27 - Jul 2 with 1404 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Is there a case for having the penalty spot slightly closer to the goal on 22:15 - Jul 2 by PhilTWTD

All pitches should be made significantly bigger.

That will teach all those rich clubs that have built expensive stadia.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:43 - Jul 2 with 1375 viewsSpruceMoose

Is there a case for having the penalty spot slightly closer to the goal on 22:12 - Jul 2 by wkj

you tinker

Surprised nobody has blamed me.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2019 22:44]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:46 - Jul 2 with 1361 viewsDarth_Koont

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:43 - Jul 2 by SpruceMoose

Surprised nobody has blamed me.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2019 22:44]

Goes without saying.

Is there a case for having the penalty spot slightly closer to the goal on 22:48 - Jul 2 with 1348 viewsPhilTWTD

Is there a case for having the penalty spot slightly closer to the goal on 22:25 - Jul 2 by GlasgowBlue

Mike Parry has been saying this for years. Especially raising the height of the crossbar as goalies are now taller.

That was suggested about 30 years ago and I seem to recall Shilts was hugely unimpressed with the idea.
Is there a case for having the penalty spot slightly closer to the goal on 22:49 - Jul 2 with 1341 viewsPhilTWTD

Is there a case for having the penalty spot slightly closer to the goal on 22:27 - Jul 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

All pitches should be made significantly bigger.

That will teach all those rich clubs that have built expensive stadia.

Alternatively they could dig down in the middle so they slope to add the extra yards in width and length.
Is there a case for having the penalty spot slightly closer to the goal on 22:54 - Jul 2 with 1328 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Is there a case for having the penalty spot slightly closer to the goal on 22:56 - Jul 2 with 1323 viewsPhilTWTD

Is there a case for having the penalty spot slightly closer to the goal on 22:54 - Jul 2 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

He'd have been a centre-half back in the day.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024