Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I go away to get a hair cut and England fall apart 13:14 - Jul 3 with 1132 viewshomer_123

grrrr

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I go away to get a hair cut and England fall apart on 13:18 - Jul 3 with 1125 viewswkj

The only surprising thing is that you or anyone else might be remotely surprised

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I go away to get a hair cut and England fall apart on 13:18 - Jul 3 with 1118 viewshomer_123

I go away to get a hair cut and England fall apart on 13:18 - Jul 3 by wkj

The only surprising thing is that you or anyone else might be remotely surprised

Not surprised but still grrrrr

I go away to get a hair cut and England fall apart on 13:23 - Jul 3 with 1098 viewsclive_baker

Still well in it, thanks to such a good start. Need to up the run rate into the last 13 overs. Something starting with a 3 would be nice.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I go away to get a hair cut and England fall apart on 14:09 - Jul 3 with 1049 viewshomer_123

I go away to get a hair cut and England fall apart on 13:23 - Jul 3 by clive_baker

Still well in it, thanks to such a good start. Need to up the run rate into the last 13 overs. Something starting with a 3 would be nice.

We're going to be bowled out here.

I go away to get a hair cut and England fall apart on 14:16 - Jul 3 with 1041 viewsBigManBlue

Could see NZ struggling on this pitch, I'd put us 60/40 to win*. They've struggled to chase and the pitch looks like it's getting more bowler-friendly as the day wears on.

*odds based on offering my hamster two slips of paper with ENG and NZ written on and seeing which she picks.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

I go away to get a hair cut and England fall apart on 14:26 - Jul 3 with 1023 viewsGuthrum

I go away to get a hair cut and England fall apart on 14:16 - Jul 3 by BigManBlue

Could see NZ struggling on this pitch, I'd put us 60/40 to win*. They've struggled to chase and the pitch looks like it's getting more bowler-friendly as the day wears on.

*odds based on offering my hamster two slips of paper with ENG and NZ written on and seeing which she picks.

It does sound as if it's been increasingly difficult to get the ball away on this wicket. A bit of rolling will only give it short-term firmness.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I go away to get a hair cut and England fall apart on 14:48 - Jul 3 with 1004 viewsGuthrum

I go away to get a hair cut and England fall apart on 14:16 - Jul 3 by BigManBlue

Difficult to tell what a par score on this ground is. This competition has seen one small (203) and one big (338) score so far, both by SL.

The three previous ODIs, the average first innings score was 283, but that was over several years. In this year's one day cup, the average (over four matches) was just under 265.

All of which would suggest that 305 is not too shabby, if not outstanding either.

I go away to get a hair cut and England fall apart on 14:53 - Jul 3 with 995 viewsSWGF

300+ is a decent run chase regardless...scoreboard pressure, etc.

Difficult to know whether the second half of England's innings was down to the balls getting soft, a change in the pitch or the bowlers working out how to bowl.

If England don't make early breakthroughs, they just need to keep at it, in case it was the former.

Probably 60/40 in England's favour, especially if Guptill doesn't fire early.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Login to get fewer ads

I go away to get a hair cut and England fall apart on 15:14 - Jul 3 with 976 viewshomer_123

I go away to get a hair cut and England fall apart on 14:53 - Jul 3 by SWGF

300+ is a decent run chase regardless...scoreboard pressure, etc.

Difficult to know whether the second half of England's innings was down to the balls getting soft, a change in the pitch or the bowlers working out how to bowl.

If England don't make early breakthroughs, they just need to keep at it, in case it was the former.

Probably 60/40 in England's favour, especially if Guptill doesn't fire early.

Early wicket but need to build on that - so good dot balls and could do with Guptil and notably Williamson going cheaply.

I go away to get a hair cut and England fall apart on 15:16 - Jul 3 with 971 viewsSWGF

I go away to get a hair cut and England fall apart on 15:14 - Jul 3 by homer_123

Early wicket but need to build on that - so good dot balls and could do with Guptil and notably Williamson going cheaply.

Well that's Guptill.

Archer slinging them down at 94mph while bowling maidens and taking wickets in the powerplay isn't a bad combo.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

I go away to get a hair cut and England fall apart on 15:21 - Jul 3 with 965 viewsBigManBlue

Mountain to climb now. Ours to lose.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

I go away to get a hair cut and England fall apart on 15:24 - Jul 3 with 960 viewsclive_baker

I go away to get a hair cut and England fall apart on 15:21 - Jul 3 by BigManBlue

There's no way they'll get 300 from this position. Get in, semi's here we come!

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I go away to get a hair cut and England fall apart on 15:26 - Jul 3 with 957 viewscatch74

I go away to get a hair cut and England fall apart on 15:24 - Jul 3 by clive_baker

There's no way they'll get 300 from this position. Get in, semi's here we come!

Be happy to see the back of Taylor and Williamson, then I’ll relax!

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

I go away to get a hair cut and England fall apart on 15:27 - Jul 3 with 957 viewsGuthrum

I go away to get a hair cut and England fall apart on 15:21 - Jul 3 by BigManBlue

Need to be a little bit careful, NZ's two best batsmen are in and, altho they've started slowly, we slowed down considerably in the second half of our innings.

I go away to get a hair cut and England fall apart on 16:12 - Jul 3 with 929 viewscatch74

I go away to get a hair cut and England fall apart on 15:26 - Jul 3 by catch74

Be happy to see the back of Taylor and Williamson, then I’ll relax!

Two run outs - and relax !

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024