Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone know of anything rock/punk related to visit in New York? 21:55 - Jul 3 with 1289 viewsBrixtonBlue

Museums, monuments, old houses of the stars of yesteryear? Anything like that.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Anyone know of anything rock/punk related to visit in New York? on 22:19 - Jul 3 with 1260 viewsSpruceMoose

Hotel Chelsea was where Sid Vicious's girlfriend was murdered...

Seriously, this is supposed to be good:

https://www.metmuseum.org/exhibitions/listings/2019/play-it-loud

Not punk but the National Jazz Museum is up in Harlem.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2019 22:21]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Anyone know of anything rock/punk related to visit in New York? on 22:21 - Jul 3 with 1253 viewsJimmyJazz

There is a wall with a mural of Joe Strummer on the lower east side

132 E 7th Street

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Anyone know of anything rock/punk related to visit in New York? on 22:24 - Jul 3 with 1245 viewsBLUEBEAT

Visit the CBGB location?

Was there a few weeks ago.

Poll: W or W

Anyone know of anything rock/punk related to visit in New York? on 22:25 - Jul 3 with 1236 viewsSpruceMoose

Anyone know of anything rock/punk related to visit in New York? on 22:24 - Jul 3 by BLUEBEAT

Visit the CBGB location?

Was there a few weeks ago.

Isn't it a fashion boutique or something now?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Anyone know of anything rock/punk related to visit in New York? on 22:27 - Jul 3 with 1234 viewsBLUEBEAT

Anyone know of anything rock/punk related to visit in New York? on 22:25 - Jul 3 by SpruceMoose

Isn't it a fashion boutique or something now?

Not anymore.

There’s an inscription in the concrete out front and that’s about it.

But if you’re in NYC looking for punk-rock related spots....

EDIT- to clarify, there is a clothes/lifestyle shop there but not the boutique which was using the CBGBs name a few years ago.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2019 22:31]

Poll: W or W

Anyone know of anything rock/punk related to visit in New York? on 22:28 - Jul 3 with 1234 viewsFootballpete

Rough trade records in Williamsburg is good, seems a great place to watch a band if something is on. Williamsburg is a great place generally, it’ll be where I stay when I next go.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

Anyone know of anything rock/punk related to visit in New York? on 22:41 - Jul 3 with 1204 viewsBrixtonBlue

Anyone know of anything rock/punk related to visit in New York? on 22:19 - Jul 3 by SpruceMoose

I think we might check out the Met. That looks pretty good. Cheers.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Anyone know of anything rock/punk related to visit in New York? on 22:43 - Jul 3 with 1194 viewsBrixtonBlue

Anyone know of anything rock/punk related to visit in New York? on 22:28 - Jul 3 by Footballpete

Rough trade records in Williamsburg is good, seems a great place to watch a band if something is on. Williamsburg is a great place generally, it’ll be where I stay when I next go.

We're staying in East Williamsburg, seems a decent enough area although a bit run down in places. Rough Trade definitely worth a visit so cheers for that.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone know of anything rock/punk related to visit in New York? on 22:50 - Jul 3 with 1179 viewsStokieBlue

Anyone know of anything rock/punk related to visit in New York? on 22:41 - Jul 3 by BrixtonBlue

I think we might check out the Met. That looks pretty good. Cheers.

The Met is a good museum, I assume you're going for the exhibition? If you are going for the art then MoMA would be my preference.

Enjoy.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Anyone know of anything rock/punk related to visit in New York? on 22:53 - Jul 3 with 1174 viewsfactual_blue

Anyone know of anything rock/punk related to visit in New York? on 22:19 - Jul 3 by SpruceMoose

'Staying up for days in the Chelsea Hotel, writing Sad-Eyed Lady Of The Lowlands for you'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone know of anything rock/punk related to visit in New York? on 23:02 - Jul 3 with 1163 viewsBrixtonBlue

Anyone know of anything rock/punk related to visit in New York? on 22:50 - Jul 3 by StokieBlue

The Met is a good museum, I assume you're going for the exhibition? If you are going for the art then MoMA would be my preference.

Enjoy.

SB

MoMA is shut until October, sadly.

Anyone know of anything rock/punk related to visit in New York? on 07:30 - Jul 4 with 1083 viewsBluespeed225

house in Bank St in The village was John Lennons home 71-3', theres something Sid vicious related along a bit on the same street. White Horse tavern, Dylan Jones did numerous double whiskeys, collapsed outside, died later, pretty punk! East Village has some stuff, CB's now John Vavartos jeans? The toilets had to be seen to be believed in the old club! Held up by band stickers. I added Red Flag 77's. Electric lady studios sits discreetly on W8th. W11th, at the posh 5th Ave end has an angular shaped house, the original was blown up when 'The weathermen' terrorist group had an accident with a bomb they were building, about 1970. Dustin Hoffman lived next door!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024