Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... 06:52 - Jul 4 with 4466 viewsbobbyramsey

Could someone please remind me of our fit striker options?
(No subject) (n/t) on 06:53 - Jul 4 with 3783 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 06:54 - Jul 4 with 3778 viewsSitfcB

J. Norwood
K. Jackson

Errr....

J. Roberts?

COYB

(No subject) (n/t) on 06:54 - Jul 4 with 3779 viewsSitfcB

[Post edited 4 Jul 2019 6:55]

COYB

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 06:55 - Jul 4 with 3775 viewsbobbyramsey

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 06:54 - Jul 4 by SitfcB

J. Norwood
K. Jackson

Errr....

J. Roberts?

That'll have 'em quaking in their boots...
(No subject) (n/t) on 06:57 - Jul 4 with 3760 viewsSitfcB

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 06:55 - Jul 4 by bobbyramsey

That'll have 'em quaking in their boots...

At least the fans will be no normal eh!
[Post edited 4 Jul 2019 6:57]

COYB

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 07:00 - Jul 4 with 3735 viewsKeaneish

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 06:54 - Jul 4 by SitfcB

J. Norwood
K. Jackson

Errr....

J. Roberts?

Drinnan too don't forget!

Sears, Folami and Morris out. Who played up front for the Under 23s tail end of last season?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 07:04 - Jul 4 with 3720 viewsSitfcB

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 07:00 - Jul 4 by Keaneish

Drinnan too don't forget!

Sears, Folami and Morris out. Who played up front for the Under 23s tail end of last season?

Oh how could I forget that legend

COYB

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 07:24 - Jul 4 with 3647 viewsKieran_Knows

I’m just really glad that we’ve managed to get most of our transfer business done before the trip to be honest...

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 07:28 - Jul 4 with 3625 viewsSitfcB

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 07:24 - Jul 4 by Kieran_Knows

I’m just really glad that we’ve managed to get most of our transfer business done before the trip to be honest...

Yep, just like Lee O’Neill said they would as well......

COYB

On the morning of our on 07:30 - Jul 4 with 3616 viewsKieran_Knows

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 07:28 - Jul 4 by SitfcB

Indeed. A bottom half League 1 keeper and a striker that’s never played higher than League 2 before. What more could we ask for?
[Post edited 4 Jul 2019 7:32]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 07:33 - Jul 4 with 3599 viewstextbackup

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 07:28 - Jul 4 by SitfcB

so has ME failed to bring in the targets given,

Or did PL not make that list?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 07:40 - Jul 4 with 3574 viewsSitfcB

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 07:33 - Jul 4 by textbackup

so has ME failed to bring in the targets given,

Or did PL not make that list?

I’d say it’s Evans has failed.

Perhaps Bart not going scuppered some plans?

We obviously don’t know what’s been going on behind the scenes but it has been quiet with regards to players linked etc

COYB

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 07:46 - Jul 4 with 3552 viewstextbackup

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 07:40 - Jul 4 by SitfcB

We obviously don’t know what’s been going on behind the scenes but it has been quiet with regards to players linked etc

I really try not to get too worried over things like this, still plenty of time to sign them.....

however this is ITFC, with ME running things.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 07:53 - Jul 4 with 3504 viewsbefxblue

J. Norwood
K. Jackson

Errr....

J. Roberts?

Don't forget Toto.....
On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 08:03 - Jul 4 with 3469 viewsKeaneish

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 07:40 - Jul 4 by SitfcB

I'd say the Bart deal has definitely stopped us bringing in one if not two players. Looks like PL has to sell/release before he can add any further additions, which, if is the case, given we've just plummeted into obscurity for the first time in 62 years and we're very light in areas...sinks the ME era and his policies to an all time low. Yay.

On the morning of our on 08:16 - Jul 4 with 3420 viewsBlueBadger

On the morning of our on 07:30 - Jul 4 by Kieran_Knows

Indeed. A bottom half League 1 keeper and a striker that’s never played higher than League 2 before. What more could we ask for?
[Post edited 4 Jul 2019 7:32]

101 points and 101 goals?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 08:23 - Jul 4 with 3391 viewsStokieBlue

What's the point of this moan? We've not even played a single friendly yet and it's July. Plenty of time to strengthen if PL thinks we need to.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 08:25 - Jul 4 with 3386 viewstractorboy1978

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 08:03 - Jul 4 by Keaneish

I'd say the Bart deal has definitely stopped us bringing in one if not two players. Looks like PL has to sell/release before he can add any further additions, which, if is the case, given we've just plummeted into obscurity for the first time in 62 years and we're very light in areas...sinks the ME era and his policies to an all time low. Yay.

I don’t think that is right actually. If Bart going was pivotal to further transfer activity then I think we’d have been far keener to re-negotiate and get a deal done with Millwall.
On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 08:28 - Jul 4 with 3369 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

J. Norwood
K. Jackson

Errr....

J. Roberts?

Managers like to have 2 players for each position. On the basis that Lambert only ever plays 1 man up front, we are covered aren't we?
On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 08:35 - Jul 4 with 3345 viewsKeaneish

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 08:25 - Jul 4 by tractorboy1978

I don’t think that is right actually. If Bart going was pivotal to further transfer activity then I think we’d have been far keener to re-negotiate and get a deal done with Millwall.

If he failed the medical on Millwall's terms there's little room for negotiation (although I'm sure they were playing games). PL said he "wouldn't sell players under their value", "he'd only bring in players of as good or better quality" and he "wanted his business complete before today".

As all that is true, he was caught between a rock and a hard place on the Bart deal. Go back on his word and try and force the deal at a knock down price letting Millwall take the p*ss or hope someone else comes back in for him / let some players go once assessed post Germany to the detriment of having business compete before they fly out.

Either way, it's not worked out as planned and nervousness has started to creep in given the evident gaps in our squad.

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 08:52 - Jul 4 with 3287 viewsGuthrum

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 08:25 - Jul 4 by tractorboy1978

Indeed.

Plus there's this assumption that there exists a great long list of required signings. Whereas, having secured a striker and a second goalie, all that's really essential are a back-up LB and CB (the latter only assuming Ndaba can't step up) and perhaps a left winger (depending how good Rowe is).

We don't need that many outright strikers if Lambert plans to play some variation on 4-3-3 (which appears to be his favourite formation). Looking at Norwood's "highlights reel" from last season would seem to suggest he is the ideal player for that, as most of his goals came from running onto through balls from midfield.

In any case, the majority of transfer activity (especially loans, of which I expect us to have a couple) is yet to come, for most of the division.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 09:00 - Jul 4 with 3239 viewsTHAILAND_BLUE

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 08:03 - Jul 4 by Keaneish

What about the money we're getting from Matt Clarke's move to Brighton?
Totally unexpected and surely must outweigh what we would have got from Bart moving?
On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 09:04 - Jul 4 with 3216 viewsStadiumofdark

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 08:52 - Jul 4 by Guthrum

Indeed.

Plus there's this assumption that there exists a great long list of required signings. Whereas, having secured a striker and a second goalie, all that's really essential are a back-up LB and CB (the latter only assuming Ndaba can't step up) and perhaps a left winger (depending how good Rowe is).

We don't need that many outright strikers if Lambert plans to play some variation on 4-3-3 (which appears to be his favourite formation). Looking at Norwood's "highlights reel" from last season would seem to suggest he is the ideal player for that, as most of his goals came from running onto through balls from midfield.

In any case, the majority of transfer activity (especially loans, of which I expect us to have a couple) is yet to come, for most of the division.

You're like a father, offering up a re-assuring story to a son before bed-time. Wonderful.
On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 09:08 - Jul 4 with 3202 viewsxrayspecs

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 07:24 - Jul 4 by Kieran_Knows

Lambert has consistently said squad was way too big, looking to bring one or two in to help current group, will be relying on the younger players, we will need to be patient with them etc.

Two in so far and interest in a wide player. Apart from a defender who can cover fab/cab, that may be our lot.

Norwood appears to be plan A, with Jackson and Roberts as back up. Looks like one up top with Judge in the 10 and wide players in support.
On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 09:08 - Jul 4 with 3200 viewsitfcjoe

First season down is our bst chance to get back up before realities of the L1 Salary Management Protocol begin to bite - but seems fairly clear Evans is going to look to do it on the cheap.

Other than in goal, and in midfield the squad is full of holes and one injury away from crisis in certain areas - a few weeks to sort still but once again the rhetoric from the club doesn't match it's actions.

Evans probably isn't that fussed about getting back in the Championship as can't afford to compete there, why invest to go up and then have to stick in £6m a year - he seems to have successfully turned us into a small Championship/big L1 club with his leadership of the club and we now sit alongside the likes of Millwall, Barnsley, Rotherham in size of club and have been totally left behind by clubs of a similar size and ilk historically like Forest, Derby and Norwich.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024