Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket - England peaking at the right time? 08:25 - Jul 4 with 1083 viewsBigManBlue

Look a different beast now Roy is back. The Aussies still worry me but we look like that team that nobody's going to want to play again.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Cricket - England peaking at the right time? on 08:33 - Jul 4 with 1073 viewsWD19

Your first sentence is the key one. If England get off to a good start they look awesome, if they don't they struggle. Same for the Aussies.

Its a bit of a lottery now. England are in good shape and most of the team are in decent form. I worry slightly that the tail is a little too long with the lineup as it now is.

But as I say......lottery between 3 (maybe 4) equally matched sides.
Cricket - England peaking at the right time? on 08:34 - Jul 4 with 1072 viewswkj

England need to follow my lead and peek just as the neighbour goes inside her house. Beautiful pink and black knickers on the line really sets up the day right.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Cricket - England peaking at the right time? on 08:44 - Jul 4 with 1056 viewsJakeITFC

Cricket - England peaking at the right time? on 08:33 - Jul 4 by WD19

Your first sentence is the key one. If England get off to a good start they look awesome, if they don't they struggle. Same for the Aussies.

Its a bit of a lottery now. England are in good shape and most of the team are in decent form. I worry slightly that the tail is a little too long with the lineup as it now is.

Our tail is not long - we’ve got first class hundreds down to number 9, Archer is a good batsman and Wood has a test fifty.
Cricket - England peaking at the right time? on 08:49 - Jul 4 with 1040 viewsdavblue

Hopefully.

I have question marks over us still in pressure moments, can we adjust our batting if it isn't a 300 track.

I thought India on Sunday when they had Kohli batting looked high class and they are a dangerous team if he scores runs.

I think the Aussies will win it though, their bowling attack is very good and can cover the batting and they have gone under the radar slightly also.
Cricket - England peaking at the right time? on 08:52 - Jul 4 with 1035 viewsGooders7592

If we bat first in the semi & final we will win the World Cup.
Cricket - England peaking at the right time? on 08:55 - Jul 4 with 1028 viewsdavblue

Cricket - England peaking at the right time? on 08:33 - Jul 4 by WD19

our tail enders since 2015 has been the best in ODI cricket. So for our weakness, it's others weakness more than us.

I can't remember where i read that otherwise i would link it.
Cricket - England peaking at the right time? on 09:10 - Jul 4 with 993 viewsGuthrum

Cricket - England peaking at the right time? on 08:44 - Jul 4 by JakeITFC

Our tail is not long - we’ve got first class hundreds down to number 9, Archer is a good batsman and Wood has a test fifty.

Indeed. The late wickets yesterday (Stokes, Woakes, Rashid) were only down to players trying to accelerate on a rather slow wicket, with few overs left and little need to keep them in hand. Unlike NZ, we are not in the position of having to give up after our two or three best batsmen get out.

One of England's greatest strengths is that there are so many players who can step up to give a key performance if others fail, right down to Woakes at number 7.

The return of Jason Roy at the top of the order has been vital, tho.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Cricket - England peaking at the right time? on 10:01 - Jul 4 with 943 viewsWD19

Cricket - England peaking at the right time? on 08:44 - Jul 4 by JakeITFC

All things are relative I suppose. I hear what others say about 'others being worse', but there is a world of difference between getting first class runs on a quiet day in Derbyshire vs scoring meaningful runs at 7.00 rpo+ against Starc and Cummins.

Woakes is a very tidy - almost classical - batsman. But not sure quite what his batting role is in this side. He is not an explosive late hitter. Appreciate we have been spoilt recently with the strength of our lower middle order.
Login to get fewer ads

Cricket - England peaking at the right time? on 10:35 - Jul 4 with 916 viewsfranz_tyson

Just seen the date of the WC Final .... Sunday the 14th. Same day as my planned trip to Germany to watch Town play in the mini-tournament in Meppen.
If we get knocked out in the semis ... then there’s some kind of consolation as I’ll be watching Town amble around in a friendly while nursing a hangover and not miss England in the Final

For me,Australia are the front-runners. Bowling attack is by far the best. To win this, England have got to fire on all cylinders and that means someone like Buttler doing something special. We’re due a Buttler masterclass and maybe it’s his time.
Rashid looks the weak link in the bowling attack. I think he’ll be targeted.
Cricket - England peaking at the right time? on 11:59 - Jul 4 with 858 viewsMaySixth

Look at Somerset and how they won the 50 over cup this year

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Cricket - England peaking at the right time? on 12:01 - Jul 4 with 856 viewsbrazil1982

It's always Australia isn't it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024