Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And still nothing on the transfer front! 09:13 - Jul 4 with 1979 viewsBoxerBlue

Would people be happy going into the burton game with what we have ?

I still think we need at least 3 in LB CB and another Forward

Max itfc pryke 25yo playford fc striker/winger
Poll: Is Lambert still the right man for Town?

And still nothing on the transfer front! on 09:15 - Jul 4 with 1963 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The Burton match is a month away. Daft question.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

And still nothing on the transfer front! on 09:15 - Jul 4 with 1966 viewsBigManBlue

LB, CB, versatile forward who can play wide too. A League 1 Waghorn if there's one going spare...

And no I'll honestly go spare if we still fail to get adequate cover at CB (Knudsen and Spence, anyone!). But it's a month away so I still have maybe 49% faith that we'll get one in...
[Post edited 4 Jul 2019 9:16]

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

And still nothing on the transfer front! on 09:18 - Jul 4 with 1937 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

And still nothing on the transfer front! on 09:15 - Jul 4 by BigManBlue

LB, CB, versatile forward who can play wide too. A League 1 Waghorn if there's one going spare...

And no I'll honestly go spare if we still fail to get adequate cover at CB (Knudsen and Spence, anyone!). But it's a month away so I still have maybe 49% faith that we'll get one in...
[Post edited 4 Jul 2019 9:16]

You're getting desperate when you start claiming we miss spence!

Knudsen and Spence were hardly even back up last season.

We have a month to go, and we also have Wolfenden back as back up, so that's one slot filled.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

And still nothing on the transfer front! on 09:26 - Jul 4 with 1896 viewsBigManBlue

And still nothing on the transfer front! on 09:18 - Jul 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

We have a month to go, and we also have Wolfenden back as back up, so that's one slot filled.

I think you misunderstand me - I never want to be in a position again where we have to play Spence as centre half! I can see with 50+ games a time with Chambo injured and Toto suspended and it's the one position (maybe other than strikers) where I feel really uneasy about makeshift options.

Edit - very much agree with the Wolf though, hope he can kick on here and I'm sure he'll get some good game-time.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2019 9:28]

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

And still nothing on the transfer front! on 10:07 - Jul 4 with 1817 viewsRegencyBlue

And still nothing on the transfer front! on 09:15 - Jul 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

The Burton match is a month away. Daft question.

Not really!

I seem to recall Lambert saying, at the end of last season, that he wanted the majority of new players in before the start of the pre-season matches. Given that, I would have expected more activity on new signings by now.

Personally I would not want to go into the new season with the defence we would currently put out.
And still nothing on the transfer front! on 10:13 - Jul 4 with 1776 viewsITFC_Forever

And still nothing on the transfer front! on 09:18 - Jul 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

Knudsen wasn't playing for reasons other than football and more to do with his contract / transfer situation.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

And still nothing on the transfer front! on 10:18 - Jul 4 with 1752 viewsCoastalblue

And still nothing on the transfer front! on 10:07 - Jul 4 by RegencyBlue

Not really!

I seem to recall Lambert saying, at the end of last season, that he wanted the majority of new players in before the start of the pre-season matches. Given that, I would have expected more activity on new signings by now.

Personally I would not want to go into the new season with the defence we would currently put out.

Surely better he takes his time and gets who he wants though, assuming that's what is happening, than just filling the squad with those free and happy to come accept a wage here?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

And still nothing on the transfer front! on 10:58 - Jul 4 with 1645 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

And still nothing on the transfer front! on 10:13 - Jul 4 by ITFC_Forever

Knudsen wasn't playing for reasons other than football and more to do with his contract / transfer situation.

I agree, but the fact remains he wasnt really available as back up for those reasons.

Login to get fewer ads

And still nothing on the transfer front! on 12:11 - Jul 4 with 1550 viewsRegencyBlue

And still nothing on the transfer front! on 10:18 - Jul 4 by Coastalblue

Surely better he takes his time and gets who he wants though, assuming that's what is happening, than just filling the squad with those free and happy to come accept a wage here?

If that is what is happening I agree.

Having said that I have absolutely no trust whatsoever in Evans so the longer things seem to 'drift on' the more I begin to wonder!
And still nothing on the transfer front! on 12:14 - Jul 4 with 1526 viewsSuperblue95

And still nothing on the transfer front! on 10:07 - Jul 4 by RegencyBlue

Not really!

Every manager at every club says they want their signings in before pre season. Very rarely happens though

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

And still nothing on the transfer front! on 14:30 - Jul 4 with 1382 viewsJ2BLUE

Going into the odd game with this squad probably isn't an issue although obviously I hope we sign a few before then.

I'm very interesting to see what happens in this window. IF bringing in a CB, LB and ST (minimum) is dependent on Bart leaving then frankly I wonder what planet Evans is on. Hopefully it doesn't depend on Bart and those are just stupid rumours spread around so much by fans that they start to become fact.

I expect to see free agents rapidly snapped up now they aren't being paid. If we haven't signed anyone by mid July I might be a bit concerned.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

And still nothing on the transfer front! on 16:57 - Jul 4 with 1280 viewsMrTown

God help us if this is the squad going through the ridiculously long season.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

And still nothing on the transfer front! on 17:08 - Jul 4 with 1269 viewsBehindBlueEyes

I'm assuming PL is going to use the games in Germany to see which players are going to cut it and who isn't. Give everyone a game or two and see if they are good enough.

I'm expecting a couple of ins and outs when they get back.

Blog: Kundai Benyu – The Golden Shot?

And still nothing on the transfer front! on 17:10 - Jul 4 with 1266 viewsBehindBlueEyes

And still nothing on the transfer front! on 12:14 - Jul 4 by Superblue95

Every manager at every club says they want their signings in before pre season. Very rarely happens though

Gillingham have already signed 8 new players, Rochdale 5 or 6 and I believe Peterborough have signed a similar number?

It can be done.

Blog: Kundai Benyu – The Golden Shot?

And still nothing on the transfer front! on 17:48 - Jul 4 with 1207 viewsWestover

I think with the size of our squad a couple would have to go out before any come in, PL has said the squad has been to big several times.âš½
And still nothing on the transfer front! on 21:49 - Jul 4 with 1091 viewsagentp

And still nothing on the transfer front! on 17:10 - Jul 4 by BehindBlueEyes

Gillingham have already signed 8 new players, Rochdale 5 or 6 and I believe Peterborough have signed a similar number?

It can be done.

But we wouldn't want anyone that Gillingham has signed. It's easy to buy clothes harder to find the stuff that fits perfectly.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024