Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
~700 William Hill Shops To Close 16:34 - Jul 4 with 1442 viewsJ2BLUE

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-48868335

Imagine having the nerve to basically admit that your shops relied on people gambling massive amounts in a very short space of time on highly addictive machines then flouncing off when the laws are finally changed to help protect people.

Sadly it's a bit of a double edged sword. It will help people avoid going in there and playing with cash but I just opened a random slot on my WH app and could bet up to £50 a spin. Madness.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

~700 William Hill Shops To Close on 16:37 - Jul 4 with 1426 viewsSitfcB

You can stake £100/£200/£500 per spin on some slots online!!

William Hill has been the least popular betting shop for a while I think. There’s only one in Ipswich (Or maybe two, one in the town centre and one up the Croft estate I think) and there’s never anyone in there, plus others I’ve been in around the country only ever have one or two people in and that was on the machines, before the limited stakes.

Coral and Labrokes on the other hand always seem to have a higher footfall.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

~700 William Hill Shops To Close on 16:40 - Jul 4 with 1411 viewsJ2BLUE

~700 William Hill Shops To Close on 16:37 - Jul 4 by SitfcB

You can stake £100/£200/£500 per spin on some slots online!!

William Hill has been the least popular betting shop for a while I think. There’s only one in Ipswich (Or maybe two, one in the town centre and one up the Croft estate I think) and there’s never anyone in there, plus others I’ve been in around the country only ever have one or two people in and that was on the machines, before the limited stakes.

Coral and Labrokes on the other hand always seem to have a higher footfall.

I hate Coral.

Truly impaired.

~700 William Hill Shops To Close on 16:42 - Jul 4 with 1397 viewsSitfcB

~700 William Hill Shops To Close on 16:40 - Jul 4 by J2BLUE

I hate Coral.

I used to be a Ladbrokes man when I first started but switched to Coral ‘cos we alway got better odds on Tommy Smith scoring first there before games

You probably hate them ‘cos they restricted you?

COYB

~700 William Hill Shops To Close on 16:47 - Jul 4 with 1368 viewsJ2BLUE

~700 William Hill Shops To Close on 16:42 - Jul 4 by SitfcB

I used to be a Ladbrokes man when I first started but switched to Coral ‘cos we alway got better odds on Tommy Smith scoring first there before games

You probably hate them ‘cos they restricted you?

I'm restricted by virtually everyone now. Some bookies have restricted me on 3-4 different accounts (not all in my name). I just find Coral a tinpot outfit. My favourite bookie by a mile is Bet 365. They've restricted me once too the bastards.

Truly impaired.

~700 William Hill Shops To Close on 16:58 - Jul 4 with 1333 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

~700 William Hill Shops To Close on 16:47 - Jul 4 by J2BLUE

I'm restricted by virtually everyone now. Some bookies have restricted me on 3-4 different accounts (not all in my name). I just find Coral a tinpot outfit. My favourite bookie by a mile is Bet 365. They've restricted me once too the bastards.

I like Bet365 because the odds compiler for Romford’s Friday night card hasn’t got a clue. His early prices the night before and on the morning are so wrong that it’s just too east.

I’ll price the races up, then he’ll price them up and almost always he’s miles out. He had one at 15/8 not long ago. I’d priced it 11/10. Everyone else went 5/4 or 11/8 and it won at 10/11. But because he priced up first, his 15/8 was long gone by those of use who’d priced it up ourselves. It’s very smart betting. Reading a greyhound card is achievable if you know what you’re doing but it pays.

Unfortunately Betfair and Paddy power are owned by the same company. They never go up until a few hours before the race and the market is formed. Coral and Ladbrokes do but only after Bet365 (and more recently Skybet) have already formed an opinion. I respect William Hill in the sense occasionally they’ll go best odds for Romford but frankly they’re a bookie in decline. Skybet have overtaken them and Bet365 are going away from them.

It was an unwritten rule but a well know secret that they’d be a big loser of the new FOBT rules. The fact they’re closing 700 shops down within a year is just a tad quicker than people thought. It was always gonna happen. I was looking at working in a bookies for the summer (as it turned out I’m doing a bit of work at my dads firm calibrating machines) but it’s just too much of a risk when they’re cutting back employees and wages already - plus of course the shops. The industry is at a high but the FOBT thing has hurt them. But it’s somethint that 99% of normal gamblers will absolutely agree is the right thing to do. It had to happen. Those things were shocking. It’s just a shame for those working at Hills that they’ve lost their job as a direct result of the new £2 spin scheme.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

~700 William Hill Shops To Close on 17:11 - Jul 4 with 1307 viewsGuthrum

Unfortunately, lots of jobs lost as well.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

~700 William Hill Shops To Close on 17:12 - Jul 4 with 1305 viewsSitfcB

~700 William Hill Shops To Close on 16:58 - Jul 4 by The_Romford_Blue

I like Bet365 because the odds compiler for Romford’s Friday night card hasn’t got a clue. His early prices the night before and on the morning are so wrong that it’s just too east.

I’ll price the races up, then he’ll price them up and almost always he’s miles out. He had one at 15/8 not long ago. I’d priced it 11/10. Everyone else went 5/4 or 11/8 and it won at 10/11. But because he priced up first, his 15/8 was long gone by those of use who’d priced it up ourselves. It’s very smart betting. Reading a greyhound card is achievable if you know what you’re doing but it pays.

Unfortunately Betfair and Paddy power are owned by the same company. They never go up until a few hours before the race and the market is formed. Coral and Ladbrokes do but only after Bet365 (and more recently Skybet) have already formed an opinion. I respect William Hill in the sense occasionally they’ll go best odds for Romford but frankly they’re a bookie in decline. Skybet have overtaken them and Bet365 are going away from them.

It was an unwritten rule but a well know secret that they’d be a big loser of the new FOBT rules. The fact they’re closing 700 shops down within a year is just a tad quicker than people thought. It was always gonna happen. I was looking at working in a bookies for the summer (as it turned out I’m doing a bit of work at my dads firm calibrating machines) but it’s just too much of a risk when they’re cutting back employees and wages already - plus of course the shops. The industry is at a high but the FOBT thing has hurt them. But it’s somethint that 99% of normal gamblers will absolutely agree is the right thing to do. It had to happen. Those things were shocking. It’s just a shame for those working at Hills that they’ve lost their job as a direct result of the new £2 spin scheme.

What sort of money do you slap on a greyhound as a single?

Don’t forget you can share your ‘tips’ haha. How about a Friday morning Romford Dog Preview by Romford?

You seen this?

To A Nation Of Animal Lovers by brogansnose 4 Jul 2019 6:22
Now this I find truly dreadful and horrifying.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/jul/03/irish-greyhound-racing-faces-backlash-over-killing-of-dogs

Almost 6,000 dogs slaughtered in 2017 for being too slow ? Yes, I'm aware that worse atrocities are happening to humans in various parts of the World right now but there's no need for this.

COYB

~700 William Hill Shops To Close on 17:13 - Jul 4 with 1300 viewsJ2BLUE

~700 William Hill Shops To Close on 17:11 - Jul 4 by Guthrum

Unfortunately, lots of jobs lost as well.

Yea that's not good obviously.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

~700 William Hill Shops To Close on 17:35 - Jul 4 with 1254 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

~700 William Hill Shops To Close on 17:12 - Jul 4 by SitfcB

What sort of money do you slap on a greyhound as a single?

Don’t forget you can share your ‘tips’ haha. How about a Friday morning Romford Dog Preview by Romford?

You seen this?

To A Nation Of Animal Lovers by brogansnose 4 Jul 2019 6:22
Now this I find truly dreadful and horrifying.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/jul/03/irish-greyhound-racing-faces-backlash-over-killing-of-dogs

Almost 6,000 dogs slaughtered in 2017 for being too slow ? Yes, I'm aware that worse atrocities are happening to humans in various parts of the World right now but there's no need for this.

I whack some of my greyhounds on my twitter. Only do the Friday Romford Open card.

If it’s a betting card, couple hundred quid across the night. Which will more often than not return around a 40% profit simply because of the early prices being so wrong. Had 9/14 win a few weeks back and pay £420 profit. Think I was tweeting some of the dogs as I was going through the card.

Had read about it - didn’t see that thread though. Whilst the article and documentary is apparently very one sided, the bare fact remains the Irish putting greyhounds down is a huge problem over there. Over here, there are things in place to stop that happening - rehoming schemes in place etc before purchasing the dogs. So their home after retirement is often sorted 2/3 years prior to them actually retiring. But in Ireland, the schemes are not in place and it allows the wrong people to get hold of dogs and sell them abroad for money - often to China. It’s horrific but it’s a problem that only the Irish racing authority can sort out. Sadly, nothing I can do.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

~700 William Hill Shops To Close on 17:46 - Jul 4 with 1230 viewshampstead_blue

It shows that the shops were only there to allow people to pish their wages away on FOBM.
Ok, there will be lost jobs, but I'm sure there are enough retail type jobs to soak-up those unfortunate souls.

I'm not a betting man, never enjoyed it, so am happy to see anything to reduce the chance to blow your load.

Ok you can do it online, but I think having no physical shops will reduce the problem for those poor souls.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

~700 William Hill Shops To Close on 17:56 - Jul 4 with 1208 viewsGuthrum

~700 William Hill Shops To Close on 17:46 - Jul 4 by hampstead_blue

It shows that the shops were only there to allow people to pish their wages away on FOBM.
Ok, there will be lost jobs, but I'm sure there are enough retail type jobs to soak-up those unfortunate souls.

I'm not a betting man, never enjoyed it, so am happy to see anything to reduce the chance to blow your load.

Ok you can do it online, but I think having no physical shops will reduce the problem for those poor souls.

Not sure there are the replacement jobs. Many high streets nowadays consist almost entirely of charity shops, betting shops and fast food outlets. Out of town shopping centres only work if you have transport to get there.

But that isn't the real issue, which is how this situation (of virtually unlimited betting) was allowed to arise in the first place.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

~700 William Hill Shops To Close on 18:05 - Jul 4 with 1199 viewsROKERITE

~700 William Hill Shops To Close on 17:46 - Jul 4 by hampstead_blue

You're sure there are enough retail type jobs to soak-up those unfortunate souls; really?apart from the low price supermarkets shops are closing right, left and centre and retail jobs disappearing with them.
The reduction of maximum stake was a typically unconservative act by this government. All it has achieved is people losing their jobs and gambling addicts losing their money without leaving the house. So, in many cases, "those poor souls" won't even have the comfort and company of their fellow gamblers and the shop staff.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024