Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour supporters racism #5647863 21:34 - Jul 4 with 9425 viewsBloomBlue

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/row-over-bullying-of-pregnant-labour-mp
Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 21:37 - Jul 4 with 2891 viewsSpruceMoose

Labour are a mess.

I also look forward to seeing you start threads about Islamophobia in the Conservative party too.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 21:38 - Jul 4 with 2889 viewsGlasgowBlue

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 21:37 - Jul 4 by SpruceMoose

Labour are a mess.

I also look forward to seeing you start threads about Islamophobia in the Conservative party too.

Choo Choo the whatabouttery train ;-)

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 21:40 - Jul 4 with 2869 viewsSpruceMoose

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 21:38 - Jul 4 by GlasgowBlue

Choo Choo the whatabouttery train ;-)

Hardly. Certain posters only seen to condemn racism from the left while happily turning a blind eye to, and in some cases actively voting for, people doing the exact same thing on the right.

I thought you of all people would appreciate that this isn't just political point scoring for some of us.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 21:43 - Jul 4 with 2863 viewsGlasgowBlue

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 21:40 - Jul 4 by SpruceMoose

Hardly. Certain posters only seen to condemn racism from the left while happily turning a blind eye to, and in some cases actively voting for, people doing the exact same thing on the right.

I thought you of all people would appreciate that this isn't just political point scoring for some of us.

A genuine question sprucey, I'm not looking for a row. I've seen you started threads on Tommy Robinson and Brexit party racism. Have you ever started a thread on Labour anti semitism?

As I say, it's a genuine question.

Iron Lion Zion

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 21:44 - Jul 4 with 2860 viewsBlueBadger

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 21:43 - Jul 4 by GlasgowBlue

A genuine question sprucey, I'm not looking for a row. I've seen you started threads on Tommy Robinson and Brexit party racism. Have you ever started a thread on Labour anti semitism?

I dunno about starting a thread, but Sprucey's been pretty vocal on his views about Labour's antisemtism and his intention to not vote for them whilst they're being so half-arsed and evasive about it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 21:46 - Jul 4 with 2849 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Lol...

"It is understood Mr Corbyn’s office does not support the plans mooted by a single member of constituency to bring a motion of no confidence. 

They claim they spoke to Ms Reeves’s office on Monday to say that their staff would speak to the Lewisham West and Penge CLP members and talks were ongoing. A message in support of Ms Reeves was also  sent from the Labour leader’s  office today."

.....where's the racist bit?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 21:47 - Jul 4 with 2845 viewsGlasgowBlue

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 21:44 - Jul 4 by BlueBadger

I dunno about starting a thread, but Sprucey's been pretty vocal on his views about Labour's antisemtism and his intention to not vote for them whilst they're being so half-arsed and evasive about it.

I agree he has. As have you. It was a genuine question.

Iron Lion Zion

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 21:47 - Jul 4 with 2844 viewswkj

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 21:44 - Jul 4 by BlueBadger

I was gonna say, spruce has been massively open against racism across the spectrum

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 21:49 - Jul 4 with 2828 viewsSpruceMoose

I can't recall if I've started a thread. But I've certainly been quite open about the fact that I can't bring myself to vote Labour while they are refusing to tackle the racism in their ranks, and I've also been critical of Corbyn for his role in it all.

I've certainly not raged against racism on one side while sauntering to the ballot box to vote for other like some on here have.

Highlighting racism is not a political point scoring tool and it should be called out when it's used that way.

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 21:49 - Jul 4 with 2830 viewsGlasgowBlue

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 21:47 - Jul 4 by wkj

I was gonna say, spruce has been massively open against racism across the spectrum

Yes I agree he has. I was relating it to the op who has started a thread re left wing racism but may have also contributed to threads condemning right wing racism.

Sprucey has been on the money with regards to condemning racism
[Post edited 4 Jul 2019 21:50]

Iron Lion Zion

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 21:50 - Jul 4 with 2819 viewsSpruceMoose

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 21:49 - Jul 4 by GlasgowBlue

Yes I agree he has. I was relating it to the op who has started a thread re left wing racism but may have also contributed to threads condemning right wing racism.

Sprucey has been on the money with regards to condemning racism
[Post edited 4 Jul 2019 21:50]

Yeah without trawling through my post history I can't hand on heart say if I have. I'd like to think so. If not maybe it's something I need t work on.

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 21:50 - Jul 4 with 2821 viewsGlasgowBlue

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 21:49 - Jul 4 by SpruceMoose

I can't recall if I've started a thread. But I've certainly been quite open about the fact that I can't bring myself to vote Labour while they are refusing to tackle the racism in their ranks, and I've also been critical of Corbyn for his role in it all.

I've certainly not raged against racism on one side while sauntering to the ballot box to vote for other like some on here have.

Highlighting racism is not a political point scoring tool and it should be called out when it's used that way.

I agree 100%

Iron Lion Zion

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 21:51 - Jul 4 with 2815 viewsDarth_Koont

To be fair, I've not seen you start a thread about Roma people.

I don't think there's a horse high enough for you.

Pronouns: He/Him

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 21:53 - Jul 4 with 2807 viewsBloomBlue

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 21:37 - Jul 4 by SpruceMoose

Labour are a mess.

Happy too. But the fact is only two political parties in this Country to-date have ever been investigated by the EHRC and that's the BNP and Labour.
Labour supporters probably think the EHRC are a bunch of t0ssers but I believe Labour falling into the same realm as the BNP is terrible and these anti-semitism allegations keep coming.
Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 21:55 - Jul 4 with 2794 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tom Watson seems to be rapidly becoming the protector of morality in that mess of a party. Although I’m sure Corbyn fanatics won’t agree though (and they are fanatics - I’m related to 2 who have become highly committed Corbynites).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 21:56 - Jul 4 with 2791 viewsGlasgowBlue

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 21:55 - Jul 4 by Swansea_Blue

Tom Watson seems to be rapidly becoming the protector of morality in that mess of a party. Although I’m sure Corbyn fanatics won’t agree though (and they are fanatics - I’m related to 2 who have become highly committed Corbynites).

You should see the abuse that Tom Watson gets from the cult follower on twitter.

Iron Lion Zion

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 21:59 - Jul 4 with 2773 viewsSpruceMoose

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 21:53 - Jul 4 by BloomBlue

Happy too. But the fact is only two political parties in this Country to-date have ever been investigated by the EHRC and that's the BNP and Labour.
Labour supporters probably think the EHRC are a bunch of t0ssers but I believe Labour falling into the same realm as the BNP is terrible and these anti-semitism allegations keep coming.

This is why you come across as only being interested in point scoring. As if an EHRC investigation is the minimum requirement for racists words and actions to be called out.

Edit. Didn't actually mean that last part. Want to give you the benefit of the doubt.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2019 22:02]

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 22:00 - Jul 4 with 2769 viewsBloomBlue

I don't think SpruceMoose has and he/I disagree on most things but in his defence he's consistent on his anti Labour approach to this topic
Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 22:01 - Jul 4 with 2761 viewsSpruceMoose

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 22:00 - Jul 4 by BloomBlue

I don't think SpruceMoose has and he/I disagree on most things but in his defence he's consistent on his anti Labour approach to this topic

It breaks my heart to see the state Labour are in to be honest.

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 22:03 - Jul 4 with 2760 viewsgtsb

As a (mostly) labour voter over the years I'd say the party in its present form is finished. It's an unelectable party but then again so are the Tories but I think they will survive in their present format.
Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 22:06 - Jul 4 with 2745 viewsSwansea_Blue

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 21:56 - Jul 4 by GlasgowBlue

You should see the abuse that Tom Watson gets from the cult follower on twitter.

I haven’t seen that as I don’t have much interest in them, but Jess Philips pops up on my timeline occasionally and what she has to put up with is pretty disgusting. She only ever seems genuine and to speak from the heart imo. Same as Watson.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 22:07 - Jul 4 with 2744 viewsSpruceMoose

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 22:03 - Jul 4 by gtsb

As a (mostly) labour voter over the years I'd say the party in its present form is finished. It's an unelectable party but then again so are the Tories but I think they will survive in their present format.

They're both great adverts for proportional representation to be honest.

Like it or not, whatever your political persuasion, you probably deserve representation so long as you're not peddling hatred and bigotry.

I don't get who Labour or the Conservatives actually represent these days.

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 22:13 - Jul 4 with 2716 viewsDarth_Koont

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 22:07 - Jul 4 by SpruceMoose

They're both great adverts for proportional representation to be honest.

Like it or not, whatever your political persuasion, you probably deserve representation so long as you're not peddling hatred and bigotry.

I don't get who Labour or the Conservatives actually represent these days.

Sorry, Sprucey but what hatred and bigotry are Labour peddling?

I get that there's vile abuse being thrown around (and some of it by actual members) but not seeing how that translates into policy or even words from the shadow cabinet.

Pronouns: He/Him

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 22:14 - Jul 4 with 2710 viewsBloomBlue

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 21:59 - Jul 4 by SpruceMoose

This is why you come across as only being interested in point scoring. As if an EHRC investigation is the minimum requirement for racists words and actions to be called out.

Edit. Didn't actually mean that last part. Want to give you the benefit of the doubt.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2019 22:02]

I dont think EHRC is a minimum require actually the opposite, if you look at what/when the EHRC investigate the evidence has to contain a lot of evidence they dont instigate a formal investigation off the word of one person.
I wouldn't have any issue (or be surprise) with them investigating Farage but for Labour to even reach the point of being investigated I feel is shameful.

The story annoys me because its about an individual being targeted because she spoke out against the anti-semitism in the Labour party. The one thing I loved about the Labour party was the openness to talk, it's gone now
Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 22:18 - Jul 4 with 2702 viewsSpruceMoose

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 22:13 - Jul 4 by Darth_Koont

Sorry, Sprucey but what hatred and bigotry are Labour peddling?

I get that there's vile abuse being thrown around (and some of it by actual members) but not seeing how that translates into policy or even words from the shadow cabinet.

I didn't say the Labour party are peddling hatred and bigotry.

They have utterly failed to deal with those members who have been though. That's my opinion. I don't think JC is an antisemite, I just don't know why he's failed to get a grip with this. I'm a Labour voter, and how this has played out stinks.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2019 22:19]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024