Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oi, oi. British troops seize an Iranian tanker 13:22 - Jul 5 with 1624 viewsGeoffSentence

at the request of the Americans

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/07/04/royal-marines-gibraltar-detains-supe

The Iranians don't like it, the Spanish don't like it.

This could get a little messy.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Oi, oi. British troops seize an Iranian tanker on 13:23 - Jul 5 with 1605 viewsDanTheMan

I don't really like doing the USAs dirty work.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Oi, oi. British troops seize an Iranian tanker on 13:26 - Jul 5 with 1595 viewsStokieBlue

That's not specifically true.

It was on information provided by the US but not under US sanction rules against Iran. It was under EU sanction rules against Syria.

It's also got absolutely nothing to do with the Spanish:

"Josep Borrell, the Spanish foreign minister, said Madrid was assessing the implications of the incident because it took place in waters it considers its own."

"considers" being the important word there.

I do agree it could get very messy though.

SB
[Post edited 5 Jul 2019 13:26]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Oi, oi. British troops seize an Iranian tanker on 13:26 - Jul 5 with 1594 viewsFtnfwest

not much point having sanctions if you can't enforce them
Oi, oi. British troops seize an Iranian tanker on 13:26 - Jul 5 with 1591 viewsSteve_M

Oi, oi. British troops seize an Iranian tanker on 13:23 - Jul 5 by DanTheMan

I don't really like doing the USAs dirty work.

It is the likely destination, Syria, here that is the problem and so this falls under EU sanctions.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Oi, oi. British troops seize an Iranian tanker on 13:26 - Jul 5 with 1587 viewsgiant_stow

The Spanish can do one.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Oi, oi. British troops seize an Iranian tanker on 13:26 - Jul 5 with 1587 viewsHeathlander

Lloyd's List, the shipping publication, said the 300,000-tonne, Panamanian-flagged tanker loaded oil off Iran in April before sailing around the Cape of Good Hope, a lengthy route apparently taken because the ship was too heavy to use the Suez canal.

As an aside. That took a long time. I could walk faster.
Iranians threatening a tit-for-tat seizure... on 13:27 - Jul 5 with 1584 viewsWeWereZombies

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48882455

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Oi, oi. British troops seize an Iranian tanker on 13:28 - Jul 5 with 1573 viewsfooters

Oi, oi. British troops seize an Iranian tanker on 13:26 - Jul 5 by giant_stow

The Spanish can do one.

Ulla, if we ever seize power you'll be Foreign Sec.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Oi, oi. British troops seize an Iranian tanker on 13:28 - Jul 5 with 1572 viewsDanTheMan

Oi, oi. British troops seize an Iranian tanker on 13:26 - Jul 5 by Steve_M

It is the likely destination, Syria, here that is the problem and so this falls under EU sanctions.

Ah you're right, I misread that.

Fair enough then really.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Oi, oi. British troops seize an Iranian tanker on 13:28 - Jul 5 with 1571 viewsStokieBlue

Oi, oi. British troops seize an Iranian tanker on 13:28 - Jul 5 by footers

He's right though, the hypocrisy of their position is amazing given their enclaves in Morocco that they refuse to return.

SB

Oi, oi. British troops seize an Iranian tanker on 13:33 - Jul 5 with 1554 viewsWD19

So, to summarise:

The Iranians and Spanish are getting their knickers in a bunch over a Panamanian ship in British waters!?
Oi, oi. British troops seize an Iranian tanker on 13:41 - Jul 5 with 1513 viewsgiant_stow

Oi, oi. British troops seize an Iranian tanker on 13:28 - Jul 5 by footers

I'll bring a special mix of skills to the roll: a big over-diplomatic pussy most of the time, with the odd burst of undignified rage.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Oi, oi. British troops seize an Iranian tanker on 13:43 - Jul 5 with 1511 viewshampstead_blue

I read it from the BBC that the int came from the Americans.
If that's the case then I don't quite see it as we are doing their bidding.

Maybe the RM fancied a bit of warm weather fast roping.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Oi, oi. British troops seize an Iranian tanker on 13:51 - Jul 5 with 1486 viewsGeoffSentence

Oi, oi. British troops seize an Iranian tanker on 13:26 - Jul 5 by StokieBlue

That's not specifically true.

It was on information provided by the US but not under US sanction rules against Iran. It was under EU sanction rules against Syria.

It's also got absolutely nothing to do with the Spanish:

"Josep Borrell, the Spanish foreign minister, said Madrid was assessing the implications of the incident because it took place in waters it considers its own."

"considers" being the important word there.

I do agree it could get very messy though.

SB
[Post edited 5 Jul 2019 13:26]

The Spaniish have the hump because it was in waters they consider their own. The toss can be argued out of that all day, but if they are their own they should have been the ones enforcing the embargo.

Oi, oi. British troops seize an Iranian tanker on 13:56 - Jul 5 with 1476 viewsWeWereZombies

Oi, oi. British troops seize an Iranian tanker on 13:43 - Jul 5 by hampstead_blue

I read it from the BBC that the int came from the Americans.
If that's the case then I don't quite see it as we are doing their bidding.

Maybe the RM fancied a bit of warm weather fast roping.

And in fairness it is upholding European Union sanctions against Syria's, in Jeremy Hunt's words, 'murderous regime'.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Oi, oi. British troops seize an Iranian tanker on 14:01 - Jul 5 with 1455 viewsBlueBadger

It's lovely to know we've got are country back and are't being told what to do by foreigners anymore.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2019 14:31]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Oi, oi. British troops seize an Iranian tanker on 14:03 - Jul 5 with 1445 viewsStokieBlue

Oi, oi. British troops seize an Iranian tanker on 13:51 - Jul 5 by GeoffSentence

The Spaniish have the hump because it was in waters they consider their own. The toss can be argued out of that all day, but if they are their own they should have been the ones enforcing the embargo.

But they aren't their own so there isn't anything to argue at the moment.

SB

Oi, oi. British troops seize an Iranian tanker on 14:04 - Jul 5 with 1436 viewsfooters

Oi, oi. British troops seize an Iranian tanker on 14:01 - Jul 5 by BlueBadger

It's lovely to know we've got are country back and are't being told what to do by foreigners anymore.

*are country

Oi, oi. British troops seize an Iranian tanker on 14:04 - Jul 5 with 1436 viewsFtnfwest

Oi, oi. British troops seize an Iranian tanker on 14:01 - Jul 5 by BlueBadger

especially ones that often hang people for being gay
Oi, oi. British troops seize an Iranian tanker on 14:04 - Jul 5 with 1433 viewsGeoffSentence

Oi, oi. British troops seize an Iranian tanker on 14:03 - Jul 5 by StokieBlue

But they aren't their own so there isn't anything to argue at the moment.

SB

Haha! They think they are, that's why there is an argument.

Oi, oi. British troops seize an Iranian tanker on 14:05 - Jul 5 with 1425 viewsfooters

Oi, oi. British troops seize an Iranian tanker on 14:04 - Jul 5 by GeoffSentence

#nukegib

Oi, oi. British troops seize an Iranian tanker on 14:07 - Jul 5 with 1416 viewsStokieBlue

Oi, oi. British troops seize an Iranian tanker on 14:04 - Jul 5 by GeoffSentence

There isn't an argument - it's just the Spanish shouting a bit.

It's like saying you think your neighbours lawn is yours and thus complaining when they sunbathe in it. Anyone can say anything, that doesn't make it true.

SB

Oi, oi. British troops seize an Iranian tanker on 14:07 - Jul 5 with 1412 viewspickles110564

Oi, oi. British troops seize an Iranian tanker on 13:26 - Jul 5 by giant_stow

The Spanish can do one.

That's not very European.
Oi, oi. British troops seize an Iranian tanker on 14:11 - Jul 5 with 1398 viewsBlueBadger

Oi, oi. British troops seize an Iranian tanker on 14:04 - Jul 5 by Ftnfwest

especially ones that often hang people for being gay

That's Mike Pence's next project after overturning Wade Vs Roe?
[Post edited 5 Jul 2019 14:37]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024