Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I did some Benters like behaviour today 15:29 - Jul 5 with 2364 viewsbluelagos

50 miles through the Essex lanes on 2 wheels with just my legs to help.

Bit whacked now but well chuffed with that :-) What you guys doing to look after yourselves?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

I did some Benters like behaviour today on 15:31 - Jul 5 with 2052 viewswkj

Browse the internet in night mode

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I did some Benters like behaviour today on 15:35 - Jul 5 with 2036 viewsbluelagos

I did some Benters like behaviour today on 15:31 - Jul 5 by wkj

Browse the internet in night mode

Not sure hand shandies really count as exercise to be honest.

I did some Benters like behaviour today on 15:39 - Jul 5 with 2033 viewsWeWereZombies

Still no permission to drive from the DVLA (phoned on Wednesday and was told a letter is going out to my doctor - that is going to be another two week delay at least) so a fair bit of mountain biking, just to get to a bus so that I can get groceries in.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

I did some Benters like behaviour today on 15:39 - Jul 5 with 2032 viewsFixed_It

4/5 miles running alongside the beautiful Grand Union Canal in the early morning sun with my dogs - 3 times this week and feel great for it!
[Post edited 5 Jul 2019 15:40]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

I did some Benters like behaviour today on 15:43 - Jul 5 with 2011 viewsPJH

Alternating between watching cricket downstairs and being on TWTD upstairs,probably been up and down stairs about 15 times today.

Also walked to my mums and back this morning.

Hard work being retired.
I did some Benters like behaviour today on 15:43 - Jul 5 with 2017 viewsDyland

I ate a bowl of pasta, garlic bread pizza, and a salad.

I did have a carafe of red to dissolve the parmesan though.

And I walked back to the office.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

I did some Benters like behaviour today on 15:44 - Jul 5 with 2006 viewsbluelagos

I did some Benters like behaviour today on 15:39 - Jul 5 by WeWereZombies

Still no permission to drive from the DVLA (phoned on Wednesday and was told a letter is going out to my doctor - that is going to be another two week delay at least) so a fair bit of mountain biking, just to get to a bus so that I can get groceries in.

Feel better for it? First time I've been over 20 miles for me so feeling it a bit now.

I did some Benters like behaviour today on 15:48 - Jul 5 with 1985 viewsfactual_blue

I thought you were going to say you stood in a water butt and shouted 'balls' at passing strangers.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

I did some Benters like behaviour today on 15:49 - Jul 5 with 1974 viewswkj

I did some Benters like behaviour today on 15:48 - Jul 5 by factual_blue

I thought you were going to say you stood in a water butt and shouted 'balls' at passing strangers.

*passing foreign strangers

Crybaby

I did some Benters like behaviour today on 15:49 - Jul 5 with 1970 viewsIpswichKnight

Excellent work Blue Lagos,

I shall be out on Saturday doing some cycling through the Surrey Lanes.

I also play hockey and umpire hockey which does keep you fit!
I did some Benters like behaviour today on 15:58 - Jul 5 with 1940 viewsWeWereZombies

I did some Benters like behaviour today on 15:44 - Jul 5 by bluelagos

Feel better for it? First time I've been over 20 miles for me so feeling it a bit now.

Before I had my accident I was hill walking and kayaking a lot (and mountain biking a bit) so my activity level is only just picking up to the base of previous levels. My recovery rate from a long (just twenty miles for me) cycle ride is getting better but the yearning to get on a mountain ridge and hang on by my fingernails is definitely growing. However, as that is how I got into this mess in the first place I need to up my fitness and add in a much better dose of common sense before I go full on outdoorsy. Baby steps as they say.

Are you going to be swapping a motorbike for pedal power more often as a leisure activity?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

I did some Benters like behaviour today on 16:01 - Jul 5 with 1934 viewsWD19

I did some Benters like behaviour today on 15:39 - Jul 5 by Fixed_It

4/5 miles running alongside the beautiful Grand Union Canal in the early morning sun with my dogs - 3 times this week and feel great for it!
[Post edited 5 Jul 2019 15:40]

Do this regularly between Ricky and Berkhamsted (albeit rarely all in one go). Lovely at either end of the day.
I did some Benters like behaviour today on 16:09 - Jul 5 with 1903 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Gardening 5 or 6 days a week. My job at least keeps me active.

A spot of quiet fishing now & again for some stress relieving solitude.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

I did some Benters like behaviour today on 16:14 - Jul 5 with 1885 viewswkj

I did some Benters like behaviour today on 16:09 - Jul 5 by StochesStotasBlewe

Gardening 5 or 6 days a week. My job at least keeps me active.

A spot of quiet fishing now & again for some stress relieving solitude.

Where you fishing at?

Crybaby

I did some Benters like behaviour today on 16:19 - Jul 5 with 1877 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

I did some Benters like behaviour today on 16:14 - Jul 5 by wkj

Where you fishing at?

Bromeswell lakes. I can take the dog with me. Great mixed fishing, friendly owner & generally not busy.
Must get back there soon.
Had a day at Creeting lakes a few weeks back, carp a chuck, not really my thing though, too easy!

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

I did some Benters like behaviour today on 16:20 - Jul 5 with 1874 viewsSpruceMoose

I did some Benters like behaviour today on 16:19 - Jul 5 by StochesStotasBlewe

Bromeswell lakes. I can take the dog with me. Great mixed fishing, friendly owner & generally not busy.
Had a day at Creeting lakes a few weeks back, carp a chuck, not really my thing though, too easy!

Used to fish there with a friend of mine. Always enjoyed it there. Have you ever been out to the Gosling Farm lakes in Trimley? Lovely tranquil little spot.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I did some Benters like behaviour today on 16:22 - Jul 5 with 1868 viewswkj

I did some Benters like behaviour today on 16:19 - Jul 5 by StochesStotasBlewe

Lovely place, I'm heading there now to practice my bagpipes as it happens.

In all seriousness though the last time I fished was bass in Kansas, so frigging crap out there though, tents dotted around the lake all with barbies blazing, no one catching anything... I wonder why

Crybaby

I did some Benters like behaviour today on 17:09 - Jul 5 with 1811 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

I did some Benters like behaviour today on 16:20 - Jul 5 by SpruceMoose

Used to fish there with a friend of mine. Always enjoyed it there. Have you ever been out to the Gosling Farm lakes in Trimley? Lovely tranquil little spot.

Not familiar with that one, not too far from Pinewood, so a reccy might well be in order.

Is it a mixed fishery, not a carp puddle?

I did some Benters like behaviour today on 17:12 - Jul 5 with 1805 viewsSpruceMoose

I did some Benters like behaviour today on 17:09 - Jul 5 by StochesStotasBlewe

Not familiar with that one, not too far from Pinewood, so a reccy might well be in order.

Is it a mixed fishery, not a carp puddle?

Two farm lakes, one larger than the other, there are carp in there but also some nice Tench and some huge Bream. It's not a commercial fishery in any way. It was always a bit of a secret but it seems like Gosling Farm have put it on their website now.

https://goslingsfarm.com/fishing-lakes/

Used to live in Trimley, the lakes are probably my favourite local spot apart from a syndicate I was involved with in Nacton for a while.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2019 17:32]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

I did some Benters like behaviour today on 17:28 - Jul 5 with 1774 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

I did some Benters like behaviour today on 17:12 - Jul 5 by SpruceMoose

Two farm lakes, one larger than the other, there are carp in there but also some nice Tench and some huge Bream. It's not a commercial fishery in any way. It was always a bit of a secret but it seems like Gosling Farm have put it on their website now.

https://goslingsfarm.com/fishing-lakes/

Used to live in Trimley, the lakes are probably my favourite local spot apart from a syndicate I was involved with in Nacton for a while.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2019 17:32]

Thanks for that. Will give it a look.

I did some Benters like behaviour today on 17:31 - Jul 5 with 1761 viewsSpruceMoose

I did some Benters like behaviour today on 17:28 - Jul 5 by StochesStotasBlewe

Thanks for that. Will give it a look.

No problem. I miss fishing in the UK. Never got into it here. Too much 'Rex Hunt' and not enough 'Chris Yates'.

I did some Benters like behaviour today on 17:33 - Jul 5 with 1755 viewswkj

I did some Benters like behaviour today on 17:31 - Jul 5 by SpruceMoose

No problem. I miss fishing in the UK. Never got into it here. Too much 'Rex Hunt' and not enough 'Chris Yates'.

Where on the scale is PAT Nagle

Crybaby

I did some Benters like behaviour today on 17:34 - Jul 5 with 1755 viewsMeadowlark

Cycled 43 miles and 10 pubs on Monday!
I did some Benters like behaviour today on 17:39 - Jul 5 with 1749 viewsSpruceMoose

I did some Benters like behaviour today on 17:33 - Jul 5 by wkj

Where on the scale is PAT Nagle

Behind Bob Nudd but before a Garden Gnome.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2019 17:39]

I did some Benters like behaviour today on 18:12 - Jul 5 with 1718 viewsSuperblue95

I’ll possibly walk across the road to the pub from my friends house after our poker game has ended. Should burn off some of the steak and chips I’m cooking.

Does that count?

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024