Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Absolutely no money available for transfers then 18:12 - Jul 6 with 11829 viewsSitfcB

“We can’t buy anybody, that’s the fact of it” - Lambert

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 18:16 - Jul 6 with 6805 viewstextbackup

doesn't surprise me in the slightest. it is what it is.

yes we may think we need a bit of help in ceratain areas, but if the club are seriously going down the route of the academy products then I wont be moaning. been wanting to see that for a while, like many others.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 18:16 - Jul 6 with 6802 viewsblueislander

Neither Hislop nor Batistuta would cost a penny.
Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 18:17 - Jul 6 with 6799 viewsKieran_Knows

I do wonder how long he can tow the ‘youngsters’ line.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 18:18 - Jul 6 with 6791 viewschristiand

Well that clears that up for those saying we need another 3 or 4 bodies in before the Burton Albion game. It’s going to be free transfers if anything, although that shouldn't really surprise anyone.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 18:18 - Jul 6 with 6782 viewsDarth_Koont

Good. We're rubbish with transfer spending.

Pronouns: He/Him

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 18:19 - Jul 6 with 6768 viewstextbackup

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 18:17 - Jul 6 by Kieran_Knows

until they are all 25 and we are playing chamopions league football I guess

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 18:19 - Jul 6 with 6771 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

We were on a tight budget, then got relegated.

....where did you think the money was going to come from.

We clearly invested heavily to keep Judge and get Norwood.

Good business, and the type we should be doing.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 18:20 - Jul 6 with 6758 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 18:18 - Jul 6 by christiand

Well that clears that up for those saying we need another 3 or 4 bodies in before the Burton Albion game. It’s going to be free transfers if anything, although that shouldn't really surprise anyone.

Some of our best signings have been free transfers!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 18:20 - Jul 6 with 6764 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

On paper we have possibly the strongest squad in the division in terms of talent.

The problem is how unbalanced it is. If we could swap a few midfielders for a full back and striker then great, but Evans is probably looking at the fact we have lost £9m and have a side that should get promoted.

What will p*ss me off though is if we get big money in from Webster, Mings etc and still don’t spend a few hundred grand if the right player comes along. Money that wouldn’t have been budgeted for. We should bank most of that against the deficit but leave a little for Lambert.

One could argue that there are plenty of players going for free that could improve us but not any you could buy for a few hundred grand though. That’s the weird thing about our situation.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2019 18:24]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 18:23 - Jul 6 with 6731 viewschristiand

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 18:20 - Jul 6 by Marshalls_Mullet

Some of our best signings have been free transfers!

I’ve got no problem with that approach, PL needs to build a side too many additions won’t do that. Promoting some of our younger players might though!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 18:27 - Jul 6 with 6690 viewsKeaneish

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 18:17 - Jul 6 by Kieran_Knows

If a category 2 academy isn't good enough to breed youngsters good enough for League One you'd have to question it's worth.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 18:32 - Jul 6 with 6647 viewsHARRY10

I should say I am shocked at some of the comments on here regarding signing players - but sadly I am not.

The reality that we will have between £7m-£9m less this season does not appear to have sunk in with some. That is up to 50% of last season's budget !

That means, however you spin it, cuts. Ant maybe transfer money coming in through sales to balance the books until the wage level matches our income. So the idea that there is money to pay transfer fees is beyond ridiculous.

It is about finding players who are motivated and can be motivated to up the game and be fully committed. It is not all doom and gloom as I have a good feeling that Lambert will be able to find those player and get them working as a team.

So, please let's not delude ourselves that it is going to be anything other than that for this season, at least.
Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 18:38 - Jul 6 with 6575 viewsxrayspecs

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 18:32 - Jul 6 by HARRY10

I should say I am shocked at some of the comments on here regarding signing players - but sadly I am not.

The reality that we will have between £7m-£9m less this season does not appear to have sunk in with some. That is up to 50% of last season's budget !

That means, however you spin it, cuts. Ant maybe transfer money coming in through sales to balance the books until the wage level matches our income. So the idea that there is money to pay transfer fees is beyond ridiculous.

It is about finding players who are motivated and can be motivated to up the game and be fully committed. It is not all doom and gloom as I have a good feeling that Lambert will be able to find those player and get them working as a team.

So, please let's not delude ourselves that it is going to be anything other than that for this season, at least.

It is not just the £7-9m less in income.

Under FFP rules in League One, we can only spend 75% of our income on transfer fees and wages. We were spending a much higher percentage of our income on wages last season. This means the actual reduction is even greater.

Plus the £6m per season loan from ME can not be included in the calculation of 75% of income.
Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 19:03 - Jul 6 with 6423 viewssundaze

Harry you should see some of the comments on the news page after the report from todays match. Perhaps you could post this reply on there for a couple of noisy posters who really can't grasp the fact that we are now a league 1 club and think we should be signing players for fun.
Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 19:08 - Jul 6 with 6387 viewsVaughan8

If this means we can get decent loans and free transfers in I don't mind. Must be loads of free players around!

Definitely need some reinforcements. Defence isn't very good and we have one potential goalscorer.
Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 19:46 - Jul 6 with 6197 viewsHARRY10

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 19:08 - Jul 6 by Vaughan8

If this means we can get decent loans and free transfers in I don't mind. Must be loads of free players around!

Definitely need some reinforcements. Defence isn't very good and we have one potential goalscorer.

Often those 'freebies' are those whose contracts have ended because their club cannot (or most likely will not) meet their wage demands - as wit one or two of our released players.

I see this more as a transitional season, whereby the squad adjuts to our lower income and younger, and lower league signings step up. And that is going to take tie, which is why I caution against unrealistic expectations - and sometimes, demands.

And to be honest I would far rather watch us playing decent football than be in the Championship lumbered with MM's dire hoofball. Based on the premise that all we have to do is stop the opponents from playing and we can cling on to a Championship place.

Newer and emerging talent with something to prove is my hope. And also the knowledge that those around me at PR are there for the football and the love of our club. Something that may mean a bit more to many than being 'sat up in the gods' watching 'Carlos Kick a ball and Carlos Doesn't give a fuc*k in some huge new stadium, earning more in a week than many of us do in 5 years.

Yep, it'll be different but I sense the new challenge is going to bring back a bit of the old excitement and fun to the club. If it already hasn't.
Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 19:48 - Jul 6 with 6190 viewsitfcjoe

You have to wonder how serious Evans is about getting us back up at the first attempt? Not saying we need to chuck millions at it, but trying to do it on the cheap could easily be an(other) expensive mistake made by Evans

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 19:54 - Jul 6 with 6154 viewsRegencyBlue

Well it’s disappointing but no great surprise.

We are where we are because of Evans trying to have a squad on the cheap, selling our better players and replacing them with cheaper, poorer quality ones. Hurst accelerated our decline but it’s been obvious for several years where we would end up following that business model.

In short he was running a Championship club on a League 1 budget and now we are League 1 side we get a League 2 budget at best! Yeah I know, he puts in millions a year to cover the trading deficit and where would we be without him but, as I’ve said before, it’s where we end up with him that concerns me!

The coming season is pivotal to the clubs future for years to come. The fact we are, apparently, going into it unprepared to pay any fee whatsoever for any player doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence.
Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 19:55 - Jul 6 with 6124 viewsstig4532

We've lost players on high (for League 1) wages - Knudsen, Spence, Collins, Adeyemi (Gerken too?).

We can replace them with free agents on similar, if not less wages. I think we should go all-out for Kazenga LuaLua for example.
Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 20:18 - Jul 6 with 5952 viewsLeoMuff

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 19:48 - Jul 6 by itfcjoe

You have to wonder how serious Evans is about getting us back up at the first attempt? Not saying we need to chuck millions at it, but trying to do it on the cheap could easily be an(other) expensive mistake made by Evans

Particularly when said owner is worth £800m, you would think the dent to his pride at being the owner who took us into the third tier would be enough to loosen the purse strings to go full tilt at promotion.

But no it’s seems it’s untested youths and freebies for us, best we can hope for is not cashing in on the talent we have.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2019 20:20]

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 20:33 - Jul 6 with 5854 viewsblueconscience

Did you honestly expect anything different?

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 20:35 - Jul 6 with 5850 viewsMach_foreignBlue

'9m drop in revenue ' brand new excuse for Saint Marcus isn't it?

Doesn't that 9m drop apply to Rotherham? They got down too however they keep signing new players.
Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 20:40 - Jul 6 with 5799 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 20:35 - Jul 6 by Mach_foreignBlue

'9m drop in revenue ' brand new excuse for Saint Marcus isn't it?

Doesn't that 9m drop apply to Rotherham? They got down too however they keep signing new players.

Has it occurred they already had a much, much, much lower wage bill?

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 20:46 - Jul 6 with 5759 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 20:40 - Jul 6 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Has it occurred they already had a much, much, much lower wage bill?

Keep excusing Saint Marcus ! Much, much lower bill and tell me you have a knowledge about ours and their wage bill.

We sold Harrison as Saint Marcus is trying to claw his money back and all we'll be looking for is a some freebie as we need another striker. Same old Ipswich under Evans and some people won't have learned. Meanwhile Rotherham have spent 500k on Ladapo as their ambition is GET BACK to the Championship.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2019 20:52]
Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 21:21 - Jul 6 with 5608 viewsActionMan

I think Evans has just given up and will just reduce the budget year on year in line with the losses. Doesn't bode well for us having any hope of going up now. We just have to pray someone comes along with a plan, and the passion for the club to buy it off him otherwise we'll just keep sinking with him at the helm.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024