Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? 11:44 - Jul 7 with 14607 viewsDarth_Koont

Well, this confirms my worst fears for Wednesday's Panorama exposé on Labour antisemitism.

At a time when we need balance and perspective to get past the narrative and look at facts, instead we've got a journalist who is one of the chief architects of that narrative ... he's already been accused of doing a Panorama hatchet job against Corbyn in 2015 as well as being repeatedly accused of having a pro-Israel and islamophobic stance in other stories.

https://skwawkbox.org/2019/07/07/the-background-of-the-man-behind-the-panorama-h

That doesn't read well. And looks like the BBC will be doubling down on its generally pretty awful and non-factual reporting around this crisis.

The state of our politics and our media ...

Pronouns: He/Him

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 11:49 - Jul 7 with 6315 viewslowhouseblue

good grief you're desperate.

i think you may be going a bit potty.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 11:50 - Jul 7 with 6310 viewsStokieBlue

That's an ad hominen attack of the worst kind. You've attacked the man and dismissed the views before you've even seen it.

Given that saying "The state of our politics and our media" isn't really a good line to take given you're doing exactly what you say the media and certain posters here are doing.

SB
[Post edited 7 Jul 2019 11:52]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 12:05 - Jul 7 with 6237 viewsDarth_Koont

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 11:50 - Jul 7 by StokieBlue

That's an ad hominen attack of the worst kind. You've attacked the man and dismissed the views before you've even seen it.

Given that saying "The state of our politics and our media" isn't really a good line to take given you're doing exactly what you say the media and certain posters here are doing.

SB
[Post edited 7 Jul 2019 11:52]

Maybe I'm just more cynical and a little less credulous.

And it just confirms what I've already seen from the vast majority of the BBC coverage who will give a platform for someone like Margaret Hodge to present her wonky case but never seem to have the time for those who disagree.

The BBC have just passively reported the accusations as news. Now, when they are supposed to be investigative and actually address evidence ... they choose John Ware ...

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 12:13 - Jul 7 with 6197 viewsStokieBlue

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 12:05 - Jul 7 by Darth_Koont

Maybe I'm just more cynical and a little less credulous.

And it just confirms what I've already seen from the vast majority of the BBC coverage who will give a platform for someone like Margaret Hodge to present her wonky case but never seem to have the time for those who disagree.

The BBC have just passively reported the accusations as news. Now, when they are supposed to be investigative and actually address evidence ... they choose John Ware ...

That's all just another ad hominen. You've still not waited to see the what is actually said, in fact you've doubled-down on your original assertions.

You accuse others on this board of playing the man not the evidence yet it's fair game for you to do exactly that.

In my opinion you are in too deep on this subject, you need to step back and look at your posts as I don't think you're quite as unbiased as you seem to think. Perhaps it's tunnel vision?

SB
[Post edited 7 Jul 2019 12:16]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 12:17 - Jul 7 with 6177 viewsDarth_Koont

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 12:13 - Jul 7 by StokieBlue

That's all just another ad hominen. You've still not waited to see the what is actually said, in fact you've doubled-down on your original assertions.

You accuse others on this board of playing the man not the evidence yet it's fair game for you to do exactly that.

In my opinion you are in too deep on this subject, you need to step back and look at your posts as I don't think you're quite as unbiased as you seem to think. Perhaps it's tunnel vision?

SB
[Post edited 7 Jul 2019 12:16]

With all due respect Stokie, I'm sure you'd think it odd if the person who was charged with looking into Brexit claims was a Mail reporter with a background of supporting Leave.

Let's wait and see. Here's hoping that the BBC deliberately chose John Ware because his previous positions would take care of the accusation that he's pro-Corbyn. And not because it'll create a clickbaity, hatchety opinion piece.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2019 12:19]

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 12:34 - Jul 7 with 6117 viewsBloomBlue

The evidence is there, look at what Ken Livingstone said and Labour still haven't banned him.
Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 12:53 - Jul 7 with 6076 viewsDarth_Koont

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 12:34 - Jul 7 by BloomBlue

The evidence is there, look at what Ken Livingstone said and Labour still haven't banned him.

They suspended him and later he resigned over a year ago.

FWIW I think Livingstone was far too glib and disrespectful in how he supported Naz Shah there. His answer to Vanessa Feltz was always going to cause offence. And especially when taken out of context (Feltz brought up the Hitler reference, which is what he was responding to).

But the whole episode should have been a wakeup call to how these high-profile incidents are runaway trains. There should have been a far more robust defence to stop things snowballing and being taken and subsequently used in the worst way possible.

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 13:18 - Jul 7 with 6015 viewsBluefish

Your lack of balance and objectivity is rather worrying. You are effectively an extremist.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 13:24 - Jul 7 with 6010 viewsDarth_Koont

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 13:18 - Jul 7 by Bluefish

Your lack of balance and objectivity is rather worrying. You are effectively an extremist.

Because I'm asking for balance and objectivity?

That's a bit perverse.

These have been almost completely lacking in the media and on here I might add. Addressing the other side of the story is balance and objectivity, ignoring it totally is what?

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 13:24 - Jul 7 with 6000 viewsGlasgowBlue

The third thread in a week that you have started to defend racism and attack those who are exposing it.

Not a good look at all DK. You are going to get a reputation on here.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 13:27 - Jul 7 with 6003 viewsDarth_Koont

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 13:24 - Jul 7 by GlasgowBlue

The third thread in a week that you have started to defend racism and attack those who are exposing it.

Not a good look at all DK. You are going to get a reputation on here.

I'd rather stand up for truth. And against smeary, disingenuous opportunists like you.

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 13:35 - Jul 7 with 5945 viewsBluefish

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 13:24 - Jul 7 by Darth_Koont

That's a bit perverse.

These have been almost completely lacking in the media and on here I might add. Addressing the other side of the story is balance and objectivity, ignoring it totally is what?

Yes mate just like the edl and fla and all yaxleys mob ask for balance

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 13:36 - Jul 7 with 5940 viewsBluefish

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 13:27 - Jul 7 by Darth_Koont

I'd rather stand up for truth. And against smeary, disingenuous opportunists like you.

Personally I think you are a disgrace to the board and it is worrying that you are allowed to continue without being seriously taken to task

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 13:38 - Jul 7 with 5941 viewsgiant_stow

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 13:24 - Jul 7 by Darth_Koont

That's a bit perverse.

In the interests of balance and objectivity, don't you think you ought to watch the show before denouncing it?
[Post edited 7 Jul 2019 13:42]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 13:43 - Jul 7 with 5928 viewsgiant_stow

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 13:36 - Jul 7 by Bluefish

Personally I think you are a disgrace to the board and it is worrying that you are allowed to continue without being seriously taken to task

Tbf to Phil, this must be a nightmare to moderate.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 13:44 - Jul 7 with 5918 viewsGlasgowBlue

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 13:35 - Jul 7 by Bluefish

I understand that Labour actually missed the 10 day deadline in which they were given to respond to allegations in the Panorama doc.

As for DK linking the Corbyn supporting Skwarkbox attacking one of the journos behind Wednesday's episode. Lots of journalists and researches are involved in making this sort of program and it will have to meet BBC standards. Plus its going to include first hand testimony from Jewish Labour members and ex employees.

DK has lost all credibility on here. At best, he is a defender and apologist for racism. I'm amazed he's allowed to get away with it so often.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2019 13:46]

Iron Lion Zion

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 13:46 - Jul 7 with 5904 viewsBluefish

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 13:43 - Jul 7 by giant_stow

Lots of it probably is but I think DK has long crossed the line and is refusing to come back.

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 14:02 - Jul 7 with 5861 viewsDarth_Koont

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 13:35 - Jul 7 by Bluefish

Thanks for that.

The supporters of the EDL and FLA are the ones who ignore evidence by the way, and just trot out their accusations.

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 14:06 - Jul 7 with 5856 viewsDarth_Koont

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 13:38 - Jul 7 by giant_stow

In the interests of balance and objectivity, don't you think you ought to watch the show before denouncing it?
[Post edited 7 Jul 2019 13:42]

Sure, let's see.

But I think it's fair to ask questions about impartiality and integrity. It's already a hugely lop-sided "debate" because of a lack of balance and objectivity. John Ware doesn't inspire confidence that is going to change any time soon.

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 14:11 - Jul 7 with 5837 viewsDarth_Koont

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 13:46 - Jul 7 by Bluefish

Lots of it probably is but I think DK has long crossed the line and is refusing to come back.

Fancy looking at the other side of the story? Addressing the factual evidence? No, course you don't.

Laughable that you are talking about crossing lines with such low standards as that.

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 14:18 - Jul 7 with 5803 viewsGlasgowBlue

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 14:06 - Jul 7 by Darth_Koont

Sure, let's see.

But I think it's fair to ask questions about impartiality and integrity. It's already a hugely lop-sided "debate" because of a lack of balance and objectivity. John Ware doesn't inspire confidence that is going to change any time soon.

Seriously? You have spent the last few months bleating about how the piss poor documentary the Lobby proves Israel is behind the allegations of anti semitism in the Labour party. The Lobby was produced by anti Israeli Al Jazeera, state funded ny those loveable antisemitdees and homophobes in Qatar, and included interviews with people suspended and expelled by the Labour party for antisemitism.

Now you are attacking a documentary that hasn't even aired yet because it was made by John Ware who you believe to be pro Israeli and anti Corbyn.

Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2019 14:20]

Iron Lion Zion

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 14:20 - Jul 7 with 5800 viewswkj

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 13:43 - Jul 7 by giant_stow

Phil before this thread.

Phil after this thread.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 14:29 - Jul 7 with 5774 viewsDarth_Koont

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 14:18 - Jul 7 by GlasgowBlue

Seriously? You have spent the last few months bleating about how the piss poor documentary the Lobby proves Israel is behind the allegations of anti semitism in the Labour party. The Lobby was produced by anti Israeli Al Jazeera, state funded ny those loveable antisemitdees and homophobes in Qatar, and included interviews with people suspended and expelled by the Labour party for antisemitism.

Now you are attacking a documentary that hasn't even aired yet because it was made by John Ware who you believe to be pro Israeli and anti Corbyn.

Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2019 14:20]

Wow! You're even hypocritical when talking about hypocrisy.

You've refused to watch The Lobby. And I will be watching Panorama. And I will address the content.

Now your turn.

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 14:30 - Jul 7 with 5758 viewsBluefish

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 14:02 - Jul 7 by Darth_Koont

Thanks for that.

The supporters of the EDL and FLA are the ones who ignore evidence by the way, and just trot out their accusations.

You are ridiculously ingrained in this, of edl and fla try and use evidence from ridiculous biased sources to make their disgusting racism acceptable. It is just like you do daily.

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? on 14:43 - Jul 7 with 5739 viewsBlueBadger

I'll tell what doesn't read well. Your constant attempts to excuse, defend and explain away genuine concerns.

You are coming across like those defending Brexit Party members bigotry, frankly.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2019 15:19]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024