Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How has this been allowed to happen? 17:39 - Jul 7 with 5554 viewsTrequartista

https://twitter.com/ncfc_suffolk

More heartbreaking than the first team playing in Division Three I would say.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

How has this been allowed to happen? on 17:50 - Jul 7 with 5460 viewsTractorCam

Needham Market allowing Norwich to come down, all a money business.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

How has this been allowed to happen? on 18:02 - Jul 7 with 5393 viewsbackwaywhen

This was all highlighted last year and the club are acting upon it ......
How has this been allowed to happen? on 18:02 - Jul 7 with 5390 viewsActionMan

Have you taken a walk around some of the towns and areas we used to get support from these days? Go to Bury, full of Nodge, Needham, Lowestoft, even the areas outside of Ipswich you see kids with Norwich shirts on, most the kids in Ipswich are wearing Man City shirts these days.

This is the price of dropping to the third division, the perception the wider world has of Ipswich these days is how we would have viewed the likes of Blackpool in the 80s and 90s. We're off the radar for the casuals, kids and armchair fans will support the big local team, which is Norwich now, which as devastating as that is its due to the years of under investment we've had here in comparison to the buckets of money Norwich have thrown at it.

We do have the potential to claw it back. A season winning League One and the FL Trophy and back in the Championship with a renewed vigour would be huge boost, but then we see the same old "no transfer money", "free transfers only" "rely on youth" where we have a poor backline and very poor options up top and we know how unlucky we are, we're going to get stuck here. It's just a shame Evans will not change tact.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2019 18:03]
How has this been allowed to happen? on 18:02 - Jul 7 with 5387 viewsScuzzer

This has been happening for a while now....we've had them in running training sessions in Framlingham. It's a sad reflection on how our club has allowed a disconnect with the locality.

Established 1968

How has this been allowed to happen? on 18:04 - Jul 7 with 5368 views3_5_2

this has been happening for a while, NCFC have coaching centres in various Ipswich schools and sports centres (including Whitton !!)

The fact is that since ITFC did away with their community program, NCFC have filled the gap and now have access to a large talent pool It is a disgrace and made more frustrating because they are often self funded, by parents having to pay in many cases so costs the club nothing to run. How many young fans have we lost due to this?

ITFC have announced they are going back in but it will take a lot of time to repair the damage done over a number of years now (and dare I say it, for the first team to be successful)

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

How has this been allowed to happen? on 18:06 - Jul 7 with 5335 viewsActionMan

How has this been allowed to happen? on 18:02 - Jul 7 by Scuzzer

This has been happening for a while now....we've had them in running training sessions in Framlingham. It's a sad reflection on how our club has allowed a disconnect with the locality.

They were advertising their new shirts in Ipswich a couple of seasons back. The sad thing is I am not even mad at them for doing it, for decades we'd been the dominant team in the region and untouchable and we've thrown it all away by selling our club to a Chelsea Season Ticket holder who'd bought it for a quick profit and nothing more and now doesn't really know what to do with it.

I guess we can blame Sheepy for a lot of it, although he got us out of admin fairly quickly in 2003 and things stable which led to the 2007 sale, we really should have thought about who we were selling to in the long term.
How has this been allowed to happen? on 18:12 - Jul 7 with 5289 viewsartsbossbeard

How has this been allowed to happen? on 18:06 - Jul 7 by ActionMan

They were advertising their new shirts in Ipswich a couple of seasons back. The sad thing is I am not even mad at them for doing it, for decades we'd been the dominant team in the region and untouchable and we've thrown it all away by selling our club to a Chelsea Season Ticket holder who'd bought it for a quick profit and nothing more and now doesn't really know what to do with it.

I guess we can blame Sheepy for a lot of it, although he got us out of admin fairly quickly in 2003 and things stable which led to the 2007 sale, we really should have thought about who we were selling to in the long term.

Stable? Without the takeover, we'd have been heading for admin a second time but now with added 10 point deduction and nailed on relegation.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

How has this been allowed to happen? on 18:30 - Jul 7 with 5191 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

How has this been allowed to happen? on 18:02 - Jul 7 by ActionMan

Have you taken a walk around some of the towns and areas we used to get support from these days? Go to Bury, full of Nodge, Needham, Lowestoft, even the areas outside of Ipswich you see kids with Norwich shirts on, most the kids in Ipswich are wearing Man City shirts these days.

This is the price of dropping to the third division, the perception the wider world has of Ipswich these days is how we would have viewed the likes of Blackpool in the 80s and 90s. We're off the radar for the casuals, kids and armchair fans will support the big local team, which is Norwich now, which as devastating as that is its due to the years of under investment we've had here in comparison to the buckets of money Norwich have thrown at it.

We do have the potential to claw it back. A season winning League One and the FL Trophy and back in the Championship with a renewed vigour would be huge boost, but then we see the same old "no transfer money", "free transfers only" "rely on youth" where we have a poor backline and very poor options up top and we know how unlucky we are, we're going to get stuck here. It's just a shame Evans will not change tact.

I’m sure there are a probably a few in schools now, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a kid in a Man City shirt in Ipswich

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

How has this been allowed to happen? on 19:04 - Jul 7 with 4980 viewsa_las_barricadas

That schools semi-final is totally gutting. Allowing anyone to nurture support/ players in your own backyard is very poor business. How many kids will be indoctrinated into supporting Norwich?
How has this been allowed to happen? on 19:13 - Jul 7 with 4893 viewsbrogansnose

Norwich as come as far over as Cambridge with their youth schemes. I went to pick the boy up from College from Long road two years ago and a stream of around 5-6 year olds were dressed in Norwich shirts doing training along with their parents. They were not wearing any other shirts.

We should have been doing more stuff in the general East Anglian community.
How has this been allowed to happen? on 19:31 - Jul 7 with 4762 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Sad, painful however it hardly surprises. They are among the elite and far superior to us nowadays whereas we're a League One club where nothing is being done to make us better. It can only get worse as long as Evans owns the club and as you say he won't change tact.

We don't have a potential to claw it back with the current squad. Need more quality but given Evans' lack of interest we won't be a threat for the top teams in this league.
How has this been allowed to happen? on 06:43 - Jul 8 with 3780 viewsPendejo

Nothing new surely... Louie Donowa and Ruel Fox for example

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

How has this been allowed to happen? on 07:27 - Jul 8 with 3657 viewstrncbluearmy

Not seen scum shirts in Bury,Needham (the coaching at Needham Market FC is a disgrace, guarantees I will never go to one of their games)Lowestoft is understandable(if unforgivable) given their proximity.
I have never seen a scum shirt in Ipswich, was at the festival yesterday the vast majority were Town shirts, some man u and liverpool
and your later comment about the billboard is wrong
a mistake by the advertising agency quickly taken down by agency and even more quickly defaced(rightly) by Town fans
How has this been allowed to happen? on 08:33 - Jul 8 with 3490 viewsitfcjoe

How has this been allowed to happen? on 18:30 - Jul 7 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I’m sure there are a probably a few in schools now, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a kid in a Man City shirt in Ipswich

I played football up Chantry a few years back and we used to have to wait to get on the pitch after some kids and there were more City shirts than Ipswich shirts.

I've said it before, and I don't thinkit's hyperbole - but if we languish in L1 and they establish themselves in the PL then they will take over the region with how big the PL is these days.

Ipswich used to dominate all around us - we'll end up a little hub of support in between West Ham and Norwich strongholds with easy access to both grounds from the town

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

How has this been allowed to happen? on 09:34 - Jul 8 with 3399 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

How has this been allowed to happen? on 08:33 - Jul 8 by itfcjoe

I played football up Chantry a few years back and we used to have to wait to get on the pitch after some kids and there were more City shirts than Ipswich shirts.

I've said it before, and I don't thinkit's hyperbole - but if we languish in L1 and they establish themselves in the PL then they will take over the region with how big the PL is these days.

Ipswich used to dominate all around us - we'll end up a little hub of support in between West Ham and Norwich strongholds with easy access to both grounds from the town

Fair enough just not something I’ve seen personally - but then I don’t often hang around near schools in fairness!

On the second point hopefully they’ll be straight back down, and we’ll never get to find out if you’re right

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

How has this been allowed to happen? on 09:37 - Jul 8 with 3384 viewschicoazul

It has been allowed to happen due to many many years of incompetence at the very top of ITFC.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

How has this been allowed to happen? on 09:40 - Jul 8 with 3362 viewschicoazul

It would still be possible to get those kids re-engaged with ITFC. Many fans at L1/2 clubs, especially younger ones, also follow a Premier League team because well, why wouldn't you? My son certainly does, its only natural.
We don't need to be successful particularly for it to happen either. We just need an enlightened pricing policy which I think we have, and a strong determined marketing effort.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

How has this been allowed to happen? on 11:56 - Jul 8 with 3174 viewsPinewoodblue

Norwich filled a void created by Evans disconnect with the local community. Suspect we are also losing out in Cambridgeshire.

Edit Bishop was part of towns PDP in Cambridge and Bent before him. No doubt there are others.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2019 11:59]

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024