Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Go on then, I'll be the first to bite... 08:25 - Jul 8 with 5762 viewsKieran_Knows

... that article from Lambert is a bit of a joke this morning, isn't it? I have to admit, I'm getting slightly bored by the whole 'youngsters' line that has been rolled out at every opportunity so far this pre-season by PL. You just know that's going to be the excuse for him (and Evans) when we're languishing in mid-table come January/February with no chance of promotion or relegation.

If Evans doesn't invest to some sort of decent level this summer, I honestly think it will be his biggest failure since he's been here.

These are the days people, these are the days.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Go on then, I'll be the first to bite... on 08:29 - Jul 8 with 4810 viewsSitfcB

We have a decent squad for this level, the problem is we hardly have any back up/cover for numerous positions.

Lambert seems to have changed his time very quickly.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Go on then, I'll be the first to bite... on 08:31 - Jul 8 with 4789 viewsBlueBadger

Go on then, I'll be the first to bite... on 08:29 - Jul 8 by SitfcB

We have a decent squad for this level, the problem is we hardly have any back up/cover for numerous positions.

Lambert seems to have changed his time very quickly.

...and a manager who isn't very good.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Go on then, I'll be the first to bite... on 08:35 - Jul 8 with 4760 viewsSitfcB

Go on then, I'll be the first to bite... on 08:31 - Jul 8 by BlueBadger

...and a manager who isn't very good.

Shhh. You’re not allowed to say that about the PR* messiah.

*public relations. Not Portman Road.

COYB

Go on then, I'll be the first to bite... on 08:37 - Jul 8 with 4754 viewsitfcjoe

He talks about not spending money so shouldn't be aiming for the top but our budget will be right near the top of the division so he can't hide behind that.

I still have a big concern that Lambert is the wrong man, if we are going to be using kids all over the pitch then plenty of better candidates with a track record of that

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Go on then, I'll be the first to bite... on 08:38 - Jul 8 with 4729 viewsBlueBadger

Go on then, I'll be the first to bite... on 08:35 - Jul 8 by SitfcB

Shhh. You’re not allowed to say that about the PR* messiah.

*public relations. Not Portman Road.

As someone on here said towards the end of last season, he was an excellent appointment for Evans because all that 'it's-about-creating-a cluba-nd-nice-dinners-with-club-legends' stuff essentially distarcted the easily distracted away from ME's half-arsed approach to his club and his role in its demise.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Go on then, I'll be the first to bite... on 08:41 - Jul 8 with 4708 viewsHerbivore

Lambert is starting to sound like Mick, he just can't manage like him (based on what we've seen thus far).

I wouldn't read too much into it though, he's trying to take pressure off the players whilst at the same time not putting a target on our backs by talking about walking the league. Lambert will be aiming for promotion and rightly so.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Go on then, I'll be the first to bite... on 08:45 - Jul 8 with 4681 viewshampstead_blue

PL is simply covering his backside.
Get your excuse in early.

I realise there is no buying budget, but if he can't find a better CB duo than Chambers and Nsalia on their wages then I fear for us.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Go on then, I'll be the first to bite... on 08:45 - Jul 8 with 4682 viewstractorboy1978

Go on then, I'll be the first to bite... on 08:37 - Jul 8 by itfcjoe

He talks about not spending money so shouldn't be aiming for the top but our budget will be right near the top of the division so he can't hide behind that.

I still have a big concern that Lambert is the wrong man, if we are going to be using kids all over the pitch then plenty of better candidates with a track record of that

Do you think this is him trying to exert a bit of pressure on Evans? He's walked previously when he hasn't been backed but then he knew the score when he came in - Evans is very open about what managers are working with.

As I put in another thread this morning, this is beginning to feel like the January window of 14/15 again. We need to take a calculated gamble to get a couple more in of decent quality to push us over the line. As far as Evans is concerned, surely he is aware this is our best chance of bouncing back?
Login to get fewer ads

Go on then, I'll be the first to bite... on 08:49 - Jul 8 with 4650 viewsxrayspecs

I wonder if this is PL trying to take the heat off the team.

Lankester said in his interview last week that Lambert has set the squad the goal of getting promotion this season. So there is a bit of a disconnect between what PL is saying in private versus what he is saying to the media/supporters.

It may be about trying to manage the expectations of supporters so they do not put undue pressure on the team.
Go on then, I'll be the first to bite... on 08:56 - Jul 8 with 4596 viewsSitfcB

I think Lambert will get a free ride from many fans again this season.

The line will be “He’s only working with kids, they need time to develop/get used to the league, etc next season will be our season”

Zzzzz

COYB

Go on then, I'll be the first to bite... on 08:57 - Jul 8 with 4587 viewsPinewoodblue

Go on then, I'll be the first to bite... on 08:45 - Jul 8 by tractorboy1978

Do you think this is him trying to exert a bit of pressure on Evans? He's walked previously when he hasn't been backed but then he knew the score when he came in - Evans is very open about what managers are working with.

As I put in another thread this morning, this is beginning to feel like the January window of 14/15 again. We need to take a calculated gamble to get a couple more in of decent quality to push us over the line. As far as Evans is concerned, surely he is aware this is our best chance of bouncing back?

January transfer window will be the big test, especially if we are well placed, still in all three cup competitions with prospect of good pay days ahead from televised games.

Then moan about Evans if he keeps his hands in his pockets?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Go on then, I'll be the first to bite... on 08:58 - Jul 8 with 4575 viewsStadiumofdark

Go on then, I'll be the first to bite... on 08:45 - Jul 8 by hampstead_blue

PL is simply covering his backside.
Get your excuse in early.

I realise there is no buying budget, but if he can't find a better CB duo than Chambers and Nsalia on their wages then I fear for us.

Toto definitely seems to be a better pianist than defender. That's for sure.
Go on then, I'll be the first to bite... on 08:58 - Jul 8 with 4581 viewsReuser_is_God

Go on then, I'll be the first to bite... on 08:56 - Jul 8 by SitfcB

The line will be “He’s only working with kids, they need time to develop/get used to the league, etc next season will be our season”

Zzzzz

Which would be fair enough IF there was clear signs of progression with these youngsters both individually & collectively.

Oh & if we didn’t sell them as soon as we get offered decent money.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Go on then, I'll be the first to bite... on 09:12 - Jul 8 with 4473 viewsTractorgirlforever

Go on then, I'll be the first to bite... on 08:58 - Jul 8 by Stadiumofdark

Toto definitely seems to be a better pianist than defender. That's for sure.

I think toto will surprise a few this season. Hes comfortable at this level and i think he will be one of our outstanding players. Dont lets get on the backs of our players before the season even begins!
Go on then, I'll be the first to bite... on 09:13 - Jul 8 with 4463 viewsitfcjoe

Go on then, I'll be the first to bite... on 09:12 - Jul 8 by Tractorgirlforever

I think toto will surprise a few this season. Hes comfortable at this level and i think he will be one of our outstanding players. Dont lets get on the backs of our players before the season even begins!

We'll definitely need someone with that big physical presence - especially with a young team

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Go on then, I'll be the first to bite... on 09:14 - Jul 8 with 4462 viewsArnieM

No the article isn’t a joke. It’s the bare facts . Try and deal with it and maintain the fantastic support we have the team last season. Do that and our young side can fly .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Go on then, I'll be the first to bite... on 09:15 - Jul 8 with 4443 viewsxrayspecs

Go on then, I'll be the first to bite... on 08:57 - Jul 8 by Pinewoodblue

January transfer window will be the big test, especially if we are well placed, still in all three cup competitions with prospect of good pay days ahead from televised games.

Then moan about Evans if he keeps his hands in his pockets?

Still in three cup competitions? You will be able to get pretty good odds on that. We could be out of all three before Xmas...
Go on then, I'll be the first to bite... on 09:20 - Jul 8 with 4420 viewsSouperJim

Go on then, I'll be the first to bite... on 08:58 - Jul 8 by Reuser_is_God

Which would be fair enough IF there was clear signs of progression with these youngsters both individually & collectively.

Oh & if we didn’t sell them as soon as we get offered decent money.

It's beginning to feel like the tipping point isn't far away. If we don't rise phoenix-like from the ashes this season, I do think the fanbase as a collective could run out of patience next year.

What worries me most is history appears to be repeating itself, i.e. back the wrong man, then fail to back his predecessor who actually looks like he might be able to dig us out.

Fool me once...

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Go on then, I'll be the first to bite... on 09:23 - Jul 8 with 4384 viewsDurovigutum

Go on then, I'll be the first to bite... on 09:20 - Jul 8 by SouperJim

It's beginning to feel like the tipping point isn't far away. If we don't rise phoenix-like from the ashes this season, I do think the fanbase as a collective could run out of patience next year.

What worries me most is history appears to be repeating itself, i.e. back the wrong man, then fail to back his predecessor who actually looks like he might be able to dig us out.

Fool me once...

If it goes badly, I reckon Burley will be the next man.
Go on then, I'll be the first to bite... on 09:27 - Jul 8 with 4331 viewsSouperJim

Go on then, I'll be the first to bite... on 09:23 - Jul 8 by Durovigutum

If it goes badly, I reckon Burley will be the next man.

John McGreal feels more likely

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Go on then, I'll be the first to bite... on 09:28 - Jul 8 with 4330 viewsVaughan8

Even with our squad as it is, we ahoukd be looking to be top 6. Our strike force doesn't looks great, nor does our defence.

I seriously cannot believe we are gonna bring in a few more players, even if they are just loans.
Go on then, I'll be the first to bite... on 09:31 - Jul 8 with 4304 viewsWD19

Go on then, I'll be the first to bite... on 09:15 - Jul 8 by xrayspecs

Still in three cup competitions? You will be able to get pretty good odds on that. We could be out of all three before Xmas...

If we win our league cup semi in January will anyone we buy be eligible for the final?
Go on then, I'll be the first to bite... on 09:32 - Jul 8 with 4293 viewsHeathlander

Go on then, I'll be the first to bite... on 09:28 - Jul 8 by Vaughan8

Even with our squad as it is, we ahoukd be looking to be top 6. Our strike force doesn't looks great, nor does our defence.

I seriously cannot believe we are gonna bring in a few more players, even if they are just loans.

We only play one up top. We have signed the country's joint leading goalscorer. We have back up in Jackson. Let's hope James Norwood can stay fit.
Go on then, I'll be the first to bite... on 09:33 - Jul 8 with 4283 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'm not convinced it'll need to be a young side.

Bart - 32
Chambo - 33
Toto - 27
Skuse - 33
Nolan - 27
Huws (if fit) - 25
Judge - 30
Roberts - 25
Edwards - 26
Jackson - 25
Norwood - 28
Freddie (when back) -29

The only positions where we will be forced to play the younger players is fullback (both sides) or as cover for injuries/suspensions. (If we don't do something about adding a fullback or two, we're stupid).
Kenlock - 22
Emmanuel - 21
Cotter - 20

Surely this is simply PL trying to lower expectations to take the pressure off?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Go on then, I'll be the first to bite... on 09:35 - Jul 8 with 4266 viewschicoazul

Go on then, I'll be the first to bite... on 08:56 - Jul 8 by SitfcB

Zzzzz

That line is true though. If one accepts that this is now the policy - youths and the occasional blockbuster free like Norwood - then its not unreasonable to think it will take maybe 4 seasons to get out of L1. Everyone keeps telling me Klug is brilliant and our youths are amazing though so we should be fine.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024