Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Main problem for me 09:12 - Jul 8 with 853 viewsStockholmBlue

I kind of look forward to see our youth players developing into the players they can be, and am well up for giving them a chance. The main problem with this though is that IF we don't get out of this division (in the right direction preferably) some of the more talanted youth as well as our "star" players such as Judge and Bishop might be tempted away for next season. Then we are properly screwed. In my opinion we really need to invest a little this year to give ourselves a real chance to promotion. 2-4 quality (for this division) players might be what we need, and that includes a centre back and a target man. I suppose we all know this already.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2019 9:15]

Ipswich Town FC since 1981

Main problem for me on 09:41 - Jul 8 with 798 viewsipswichtillidie

Indeed! If we do fail and it would be a failure on gaining promotion then we could see more of the same. No investment and the loss of key players. I will reserve judgement because I’m sure we can still attract the players needed to secure our exit in this window(on frees). What frustrates me slightly though is throwing a blanket on any fees paid what so ever! For example if the next Mings, Webster became available for a fee we are not going to pay it right? That’s just poor business in my book. Sometimes you may to spend to accumulate. Not saying we have to spend big money I understand that but to blanket any fees paid seems slightly odd from a business point of view if not a football perspective. Time will tell of course but I can’t help but think back when Mick wasn’t backed in January that season when it was as clear as day the right thing to do and compare that to our current situation.

Gav

Main problem for me on 10:13 - Jul 8 with 746 viewsitfcjoe

I think worrying about youth players doing well and going for decent fees elsewhere is the least of our problems - this is generally a positive thing

Realistically, if our players are playing well enough to garner interest from higher divisions then we will be there or thereabouts - the only time that isn't the case is if a striker scores a bucketload of goals and you still end up mid table

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024