Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Irish passport 11:04 - Jul 8 with 3942 viewsHackneyblueboy

Has anyone gone down this route to remain an EU citizen post Brexit?

I'm currently trying to apply for Irish citizenship via my Irish grandparents, of whom I only have limited information on.

Has anyone got any experience of the same process? I can track down my mothers birth certificate, which includes my grandmothers name but I'm not sure how that they can verify the identity of my grandmother as an Irish citizen. I don't have my grandmother's mum's maiden name and there could have been 100's of people with the same name born on that date in Ireland. Does anyone know how they verify such information? Any help would be appreciated.
Irish passport on 11:12 - Jul 8 with 3913 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Sorry. Can't help.

Don't you have a UK passport? That'll do the job.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Irish passport on 11:14 - Jul 8 with 3904 viewsitfcjoe

I think Cotty did who is now an irregular poster on here

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Irish passport on 11:16 - Jul 8 with 3907 viewsfactual_blue

There is no such thing as 'an EU citizen', merely the citizens of EU states. I'm not certain that an Irish passport confers Irish citizenship.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Irish passport on 12:26 - Jul 8 with 3841 viewsWestover

We have lived in Ireland 16 years and thought about getting one as we want to move to the Algarve and I sure it would be of some help but it's takes around six months and is expensive 175 euro to apply then over 900 euro,that's each so well over two grand, so although my lady wants to apply I don't think we will.🇮🇪🇵🇹
Irish passport on 12:44 - Jul 8 with 3795 viewsSuperblue95

Irish passport on 12:26 - Jul 8 by Westover

We have lived in Ireland 16 years and thought about getting one as we want to move to the Algarve and I sure it would be of some help but it's takes around six months and is expensive 175 euro to apply then over 900 euro,that's each so well over two grand, so although my lady wants to apply I don't think we will.🇮🇪🇵🇹

I’ve also lived in Ireland 16 years and as you say the cost and time it takes is a massive pain. I’ve just stuck with my British one instead

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Irish passport on 13:15 - Jul 8 with 3757 viewsPlums

Irish passport on 11:16 - Jul 8 by factual_blue

There is no such thing as 'an EU citizen', merely the citizens of EU states. I'm not certain that an Irish passport confers Irish citizenship.

You are automatically considered an Irish citizen if you have Irish parentage. The passport isn’t essential

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Irish passport on 13:44 - Jul 8 with 3701 viewsCotty

Irish passport on 11:16 - Jul 8 by factual_blue

Incorrect. Irish citizenship is prerequisite to applying for a passport.
Irish passport on 13:46 - Jul 8 with 3699 viewsCotty

That sounds tricky. I was very lucky as I had all the info including grandparents birth certificates etc. It sounds like the first thing you need is a genealogist. Once you know her name and birthdate it should be easier to get copies of documents that you’ll need. Good luck!
Login to get fewer ads

Irish passport on 13:48 - Jul 8 with 3688 viewsCotty

Irish passport on 13:15 - Jul 8 by Plums

You are automatically considered an Irish citizen if you have Irish parentage. The passport isn’t essential

Caveat: only once your birth is registered with the Irish government.
Irish passport on 14:16 - Jul 8 with 3634 viewsGuthrum

Are you going back further than Irish Independence in 1921? If so, than there may be information in UK records, many of which are online with genealogical websites.

From 1911 onwards, mother's maiden name is listed on the index for the birth register (available - free - here: https://www.freebmd.org.uk/ ). Information can be cross-checked with marriage (index also on freebmd, actual certificates will include father's name and occupation) and census data. 1901 and 1911 Irish census is available here: http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/ For the rest of the UK, you may have to pay for the searches, but a fair amount is on here: https://www.familysearch.org/search/collection/1921547?collectionNameFilter=true (free registration required).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Irish passport on 16:10 - Jul 8 with 3552 viewsBLUEBEAT

I recently took possession of an Irish passport but I’ll only use it when things become a hassle using my usual United Kingdom & Northern Ireland passport.

All I had to do was supply father’s birth certificate. He was born in Belfast but under the Good Friday agreement could choose to be UK, Ireland or both.

Poll: W or W

Irish passport on 16:20 - Jul 8 with 3521 viewsnoggin

Irish passport on 12:44 - Jul 8 by Superblue95

I’ve also lived in Ireland 16 years and as you say the cost and time it takes is a massive pain. I’ve just stuck with my British one instead

I was lucky to have been born in Northern Ireland. My application is filled out, ready for B Day. Only cost is about 80e for the passport.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Irish passport on 16:23 - Jul 8 with 3510 viewsnoggin

Irish passport on 13:15 - Jul 8 by Plums

It is if you want the right to EU freedom of movement, post brexit.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Irish passport on 16:49 - Jul 8 with 3460 viewsMoriarty

https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/great-britain/passports/how-to-apply-for-a-pass

fka omuircheartaigh

Irish passport on 06:53 - Jul 9 with 3296 viewsWeWereZombies

Irish passport on 13:44 - Jul 8 by Cotty

Incorrect. Irish citizenship is prerequisite to applying for a passport.

But I know someone who travels on an Irish passport who has never lived in Ireland or applied for citizenship. Does it make a difference that her parents were born in Ireland (although they have been resident in England for over fifty years)?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Irish passport on 08:16 - Jul 9 with 3249 viewsCotty

Irish passport on 06:53 - Jul 9 by WeWereZombies

But I know someone who travels on an Irish passport who has never lived in Ireland or applied for citizenship. Does it make a difference that her parents were born in Ireland (although they have been resident in England for over fifty years)?

You don't apply for citizenship, but you do have to register as a foreign birth with the Irish government. Her parents probably did that when she was born.
Irish passport on 08:29 - Jul 9 with 3213 viewsWeWereZombies

Irish passport on 08:16 - Jul 9 by Cotty

You don't apply for citizenship, but you do have to register as a foreign birth with the Irish government. Her parents probably did that when she was born.

Ah yes, that is it.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024