Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should the women's world cup have the same prize money as the mens? 18:24 - Jul 8 with 2264 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Apparently their prize money was 30m USD, compared to revenue of 80m. So c.40% of revenue is given as prize money.

The men's prize pot is 400m, against a revenue of around 4bn. C.10% of revenue as prize money.

How would a prize pot that is 5 times greater than total revenue be correct?

Due to the success of the WWC, the revenue is likely to rise massively next time around, and that will be able to sustain an increased prize pot.

But calls for the same prize money don't seem to reflect equality.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Should the women's world cup have the same prize money as the mens? on 18:27 - Jul 8 with 2247 viewsSpruceMoose

Where are those figures from?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Should the women's world cup have the same prize money as the mens? on 18:31 - Jul 8 with 2232 viewsJ2BLUE

They should have the same flat appearance fee as the men's team IMO but prize money is totally different.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Should the women's world cup have the same prize money as the mens? on 18:33 - Jul 8 with 2225 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Should the women's world cup have the same prize money as the mens? on 18:31 - Jul 8 by J2BLUE

They should have the same flat appearance fee as the men's team IMO but prize money is totally different.

I agree, or in the case of the US teams... the women's appearance fee could be higher if they get bigger sponsorship deals for the governing body.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Should the women's world cup have the same prize money as the mens? on 18:39 - Jul 8 with 2200 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Should the women's world cup have the same prize money as the mens? on 18:27 - Jul 8 by SpruceMoose

I was going from memory so not 100% accurate, but this is the original source;

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2019/03/07/world-cup-soccer-pay-dispari

Paints the same picture though.

I expect the next WWC will do much better revenue wise, and the prize money will increase. Which is all good.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2019 18:40]

Should the women's world cup have the same prize money as the mens? on 19:55 - Jul 8 with 2138 viewsCrawfordsboot

Should the women's world cup have the same prize money as the mens? on 18:31 - Jul 8 by J2BLUE

Rubbish. Football just like singing pop tunes is not piecework it’s entertainment! So the performers should be paid according to bums on seats and/or sponsorship secured. Nothing more nothing less.

No one argues that Woody Mann a wonderfully gifted guitarist and musician should be paid the same as Beyonce or Adele. It comes down to market forces.

If women’s football can attract greater attendance sans sponsorship than men’s then good luck to them. If not then shut the f up.
Should the women's world cup have the same prize money as the mens? on 09:12 - Jul 9 with 2011 viewsLeoMuff

Should the women's world cup have the same prize money as the mens? on 19:55 - Jul 8 by Crawfordsboot

Rubbish. Football just like singing pop tunes is not piecework it’s entertainment! So the performers should be paid according to bums on seats and/or sponsorship secured. Nothing more nothing less.

No one argues that Woody Mann a wonderfully gifted guitarist and musician should be paid the same as Beyonce or Adele. It comes down to market forces.

If women’s football can attract greater attendance sans sponsorship than men’s then good luck to them. If not then shut the f up.

I agree the money paid should be an equal percentage of revenue gained from sponsorship, tv rights etc. No just an equal £ amount.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Should the women's world cup have the same prize money as the mens? on 09:25 - Jul 9 with 1995 viewsallezlesbleus

Should the women's world cup have the same prize money as the mens? on 09:12 - Jul 9 by LeoMuff

I agree the money paid should be an equal percentage of revenue gained from sponsorship, tv rights etc. No just an equal £ amount.

Or they play against men and if a women team wins the WC, they get the same prize as the men.
Should the women's world cup have the same prize money as the mens? on 09:33 - Jul 9 with 1984 viewsusm

No

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Login to get fewer ads

Should the women's world cup have the same prize money as the mens? on 09:35 - Jul 9 with 1983 viewsbraveblue

It’s only pc nonsense. Quality nowhere near the same. Crowds and other revenue a fraction. Simply nonsense.
Should the women's world cup have the same prize money as the mens? on 11:08 - Jul 9 with 1956 viewsGeoffSentence

Should the women's world cup have the same prize money as the mens? on 09:35 - Jul 9 by braveblue

It’s only pc nonsense. Quality nowhere near the same. Crowds and other revenue a fraction. Simply nonsense.

Don't knock it. We could use the precedent for getting the same prize money for our position in division 3 as the equivalently placed premier league team.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Should the women's world cup have the same prize money as the mens? on 15:23 - Jul 10 with 1851 viewsLeaky

No, it doesn't generate as much money as the male version, when it does yes
Should the women's world cup have the same prize money as the mens? on 20:24 - Jul 10 with 1763 viewsFelstow1978

Should the women's world cup have the same prize money as the mens? on 18:27 - Jul 8 by SpruceMoose

I found myself asking that same question on many occasions whilst watching

Poll: Isn't it time that HRH Shesgotmyballsinherhand stops feeling the need to preach?

Should the women's world cup have the same prize money as the mens? on 20:27 - Jul 10 with 1752 viewsJ2BLUE

Should the women's world cup have the same prize money as the mens? on 19:55 - Jul 8 by Crawfordsboot

Right..or an alternative way of looking at it is the women represent the same country/FA and do the same job. I see representing your country as something away from the money and hype of the domestic league. I think they should be paid the same and you can be triggered by that all you want.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Should the women's world cup have the same prize money as the mens? on 22:38 - Jul 10 with 1691 viewsHARRY10

Should the women's world cup have the same prize money as the mens? on 09:35 - Jul 9 by braveblue

I can imagine what political correctness has to do with women getting equal pay, but then those who trot out this well worn cliche never do seem to bother with relevance.
Should the women's world cup have the same prize money as the mens? on 18:40 - Aug 21 with 1263 viewsCrawfordsboot

Should the women's world cup have the same prize money as the mens? on 20:27 - Jul 10 by J2BLUE

Right..or an alternative way of looking at it is the women represent the same country/FA and do the same job. I see representing your country as something away from the money and hype of the domestic league. I think they should be paid the same and you can be triggered by that all you want.

I see your point but if you follow that approach should all sportspersons representing their country be paid the same. So whether it’s beach volleyball, football or baseball they should all be paid the same. However the economic models (sponsorship, gate money etc) for the three sports are very different so the amounts they get paid are very different.
I would argue that men’s and women’s football is very different and of course they have very different economic models.
So i’ll Stick with arguing against equal pay. If they can generate the. necessary income in a sport or an entertainment then they are entitled to whatever they can earn. It’s not piecework!
Should the women's world cup have the same prize money as the mens? on 18:50 - Aug 21 with 1233 viewssparks

Should the women's world cup have the same prize money as the mens? on 20:27 - Jul 10 by J2BLUE

Then I do the same job as Ed Sheeran when I play some blues in my local pub and should receive millions for it...

Patently fallacious argument- and using the word triggered is ridiculous.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024