Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
10% 22:06 - Jul 8 with 2231 viewsgazzer1999

If its true 100% that we only seem to negotiate 10% sell on but we agree to paying 25% sell on when we buy, what seems to be the problem?. Does M.E.'s think he will get more up front for less sell on? and if he buys is it a smaller outlay for a bigger sell on?. Just seems strange that the usual sell on for most clubs is 25%; yet we settle for 10%. Before everyone says its down M.E.'s negotiating are we getting the truth?.
I know many years ago when we sold Marcus Stewart to Sunderland, Sheepy said we sold for £900.000 yet Sunderland were quoting they paid £2.600.000, something Derek Bowden I think it was confirmed some months later.
10% on 22:09 - Jul 8 with 2224 viewsJ2BLUE

Where is 25% the standard? 10% seems to be the standard. That's what Portsmouth have in the Webster deal and what Rangers had in the Waghorn deal.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

10% on 22:23 - Jul 8 with 2150 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

10% on 22:09 - Jul 8 by J2BLUE

Where is 25% the standard? 10% seems to be the standard. That's what Portsmouth have in the Webster deal and what Rangers had in the Waghorn deal.

Not saying it's standard, but Utd have 25% clause on Zaha.

20% seems to get mentioned a fair bit on transfers.

Not sure what the standard is, I guess it depends on the negotiating position, and how much is negotiated upfront.

We got a hefty upfront fee for Mings for example.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

10% on 22:32 - Jul 8 with 2112 viewsJakeITFC

10% on 22:23 - Jul 8 by Marshalls_Mullet

Not saying it's standard, but Utd have 25% clause on Zaha.

20% seems to get mentioned a fair bit on transfers.

Not sure what the standard is, I guess it depends on the negotiating position, and how much is negotiated upfront.

We got a hefty upfront fee for Mings for example.

Zaha is a fairly unusual scenario of United protecting their initial outlay in place of a cheap fee back to Palace though, hardly the norm.

I don’t think it’s right to get too upset at 10%; we seem to have sell on fees on pretty much every player we transfer away - a rare case of us actually doing something sensible as a club.
10% on 22:42 - Jul 8 with 2078 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

10% on 22:32 - Jul 8 by JakeITFC

Zaha is a fairly unusual scenario of United protecting their initial outlay in place of a cheap fee back to Palace though, hardly the norm.

I don’t think it’s right to get too upset at 10%; we seem to have sell on fees on pretty much every player we transfer away - a rare case of us actually doing something sensible as a club.

I didn't say Zaha was a standard clause, I was simply stating it as an example in answer to a question.

I also didn't complain about 10%.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

10% on 22:46 - Jul 8 with 2066 viewsJ2BLUE

10% on 22:32 - Jul 8 by JakeITFC

Agree, Palace are the type of club who would probably have preferred a cheaper deal with a larger sell on.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

10% on 22:48 - Jul 8 with 2057 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

10% on 22:46 - Jul 8 by J2BLUE

Agree, Palace are the type of club who would probably have preferred a cheaper deal with a larger sell on.

My point exactly.

10% on 07:04 - Jul 9 with 1895 viewsTerry_Nutkins

10% or nothing are standard in big fees. 20-25% when a young player amd small fee. Why would Bournemouth agree to more when paying such a large fee for unproven player.

I believe it was 20% For Clarke so no we don't just negotiat 10%

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

10% on 09:39 - Jul 9 with 1766 viewsbraveblue

What is more upsetting is that Evans sells at the first opportunity and missed out on tens of millions.
Login to get fewer ads

10% on 09:43 - Jul 9 with 1750 viewsPhilTWTD

10% on 07:04 - Jul 9 by Terry_Nutkins

10% or nothing are standard in big fees. 20-25% when a young player amd small fee. Why would Bournemouth agree to more when paying such a large fee for unproven player.

I believe it was 20% For Clarke so no we don't just negotiat 10%

I think the Webster/Clarke deal is the only one I can recall where the sell-on was 20 per cent, otherwise it's pretty much always 10 per cent. Has been standard in our deals for years, going back to Jordan Rhodes and probably beyond that. I think in the case of Webster/Clarke one party, presumably Pompey, wanted the 20 per cent so the other party said, 'OK, we'll have the same on the other one'.
10% on 10:21 - Jul 9 with 1665 viewsWickets

10% on 09:39 - Jul 9 by braveblue

What is more upsetting is that Evans sells at the first opportunity and missed out on tens of millions.

McGoldrick ?
10% on 18:04 - Jul 9 with 1569 viewsTerry_Nutkins

10% on 09:43 - Jul 9 by PhilTWTD

I think the Webster/Clarke deal is the only one I can recall where the sell-on was 20 per cent, otherwise it's pretty much always 10 per cent. Has been standard in our deals for years, going back to Jordan Rhodes and probably beyond that. I think in the case of Webster/Clarke one party, presumably Pompey, wanted the 20 per cent so the other party said, 'OK, we'll have the same on the other one'.

Thanks a lot Phil!! coming on here and putting me right with your in the know facts. You've made me look a right plum here in front of all the lads.

on a serious note...how do you know the sell ons. why are they not just kept hush hush?

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

10% on 19:32 - Jul 9 with 1489 viewsPhilTWTD

10% on 18:04 - Jul 9 by Terry_Nutkins

Thanks a lot Phil!! coming on here and putting me right with your in the know facts. You've made me look a right plum here in front of all the lads.

on a serious note...how do you know the sell ons. why are they not just kept hush hush?

They are but these things usually slip out. Sometimes clubs are keen to get it out there how much they've made from deals.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024