Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Buses 08:51 - Jul 9 with 1895 viewsSouperJim

Had to get on the bus this morning, good lord. I'm not particularly tall, yet the seats are so tight you have to sit at 45 degrees across two seats with your knees jammed into the seat in front. All the windows vibrating like a swarm of hornets and brakes screaming at every stop.

An assault on the senses I'm telling you. Can't remember getting on one since I was a kid, have they always been this unpleasant?

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Buses on 08:53 - Jul 9 with 1877 viewsDanTheMan

The ones in Nottingham are pretty good, use them when I'm not cycling.

Much prefer it to driving in traffic which stresses me out.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Buses on 08:56 - Jul 9 with 1848 viewsLeaky

Use the guided bus from Huntingdon to Royal Papworth Hospital in Cambridge. can't fault it. Though I now drive to St. Ives catch it at the park & ride saves time.
Buses on 09:04 - Jul 9 with 1812 viewsSouperJim

Buses on 08:56 - Jul 9 by Leaky

Use the guided bus from Huntingdon to Royal Papworth Hospital in Cambridge. can't fault it. Though I now drive to St. Ives catch it at the park & ride saves time.

Haven't been on the guided bus, but I imagine it is slightly more modern and roomy than the rolling deathbox I got on this morning.

Buses on 09:10 - Jul 9 with 1807 viewsSteve_M

The London ones are generally ok for space, and I am tall. The one good thing about the millions Boris spaffed on his bus ego-trip is that the seats are, or at least seem to be, slightly wider.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Buses on 09:21 - Jul 9 with 1763 viewsLeaky

Buses on 09:04 - Jul 9 by SouperJim

Haven't been on the guided bus, but I imagine it is slightly more modern and roomy than the rolling deathbox I got on this morning.

Well you get wifi
Buses on 09:31 - Jul 9 with 1737 viewsSouperJim

Buses on 09:21 - Jul 9 by Leaky

Well you get wifi

My bus this morning had built in smoke signals

Buses on 09:42 - Jul 9 with 1719 viewsLeaky

Buses on 09:31 - Jul 9 by SouperJim

My bus this morning had built in smoke signals

Yes I know where your coming from some of the buses around here are 25 years old
Buses on 10:32 - Jul 9 with 1657 viewsWeWereZombies

My experience since the DVLA took away my licence (have I mentioned that on this forum before?) and the subsequent extended use of buses and coaches is that either the bus companies cut back to the bone on maintenance or manufacturers operate at much lower build quality standards these days. It is not just the noise from the constant rattling of, well just about everything, but the vibrations, the lack of smoothness in braking and acceleration. Not great.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Login to get fewer ads

Buses on 10:41 - Jul 9 with 1635 viewsjeera

Buses on 10:32 - Jul 9 by WeWereZombies

My experience since the DVLA took away my licence (have I mentioned that on this forum before?) and the subsequent extended use of buses and coaches is that either the bus companies cut back to the bone on maintenance or manufacturers operate at much lower build quality standards these days. It is not just the noise from the constant rattling of, well just about everything, but the vibrations, the lack of smoothness in braking and acceleration. Not great.

Sometimes we buy out of use ones from India.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Buses on 14:35 - Jul 9 with 1520 viewsbluejake78

Bus vvanker
Buses on 17:17 - Jul 9 with 1424 viewsThe_Major

Here you go, wallow in nostalgia for six minutes.

Contains things now gone such as the Civic Centre, the Dorchester paper shop on Tower Ramparts and signs mentioning the A45.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024