Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stadium tours 13:51 - Jul 9 with 3287 viewsBent_double

Did Anfield yesterday, a very impressive beast of a stadium, absolutely dwarfing Goodison Park in the distance (or was it just far away??)

Anyone else done any good ones, apart from PR of course?

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Stadium tours on 14:01 - Jul 9 with 3245 viewsboysof1981

Only Barcelona, and to be honest I wouldn’t do another one. Pointless exercise as only certain parts are viewable, (away dressing room only at Nou Camp) couldn’t care less what other grounds are like, guessing they’re all very generic and much the same
Stadium tours on 14:03 - Jul 9 with 3237 viewsBecclesITFC

Would like to to White Hart Lane. Believe it's expensive at the moment. Did White Hart Lane in 1991 and met Gary Mabbutt with the FA cup. That was unreal.
Stadium tours on 14:06 - Jul 9 with 3226 viewsSwansea_Blue

Never done an organised stadium tour, but have been in Anfield a few times both home and away ends, including home end on a European night. It is quite a special place.

I've also runja around the outside of the Nou camp during the Barca marathon, but never been in - does that count as a tour? lol

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Stadium tours on 14:07 - Jul 9 with 3222 viewsITFC_Forever

Done Wembley (new and old), Lords, San Siro, Nou Camp, Bernabeu, Ajax, Portman Rd, Ricoh Stadium, Britannia Stadium, Carrow Rd.

All worth doing to be fair, although the San Siro was a bit basic, it was quite funny going in the home dressing room and seeing the flip-chart as to which of their superstars had to pick up the likes of Naylor, McGreal and co. at set-pieces.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Stadium tours on 14:08 - Jul 9 with 3215 viewsFtnfwest

done (new) wembley which was fairly unimpressive tbh as was chelsea - such a plastic club
Stadium tours on 14:10 - Jul 9 with 3214 viewsFixed_It

Stadium tours on 14:07 - Jul 9 by ITFC_Forever

Done Wembley (new and old), Lords, San Siro, Nou Camp, Bernabeu, Ajax, Portman Rd, Ricoh Stadium, Britannia Stadium, Carrow Rd.

All worth doing to be fair, although the San Siro was a bit basic, it was quite funny going in the home dressing room and seeing the flip-chart as to which of their superstars had to pick up the likes of Naylor, McGreal and co. at set-pieces.

Have done Wembley a couple of times. Got stupidly excited about seeing Ipswich Town FC engraved on the original FA Cup - the school kids I was accompanying were not as impressed as they should have been!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Stadium tours on 14:53 - Jul 9 with 3116 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Did the Bernabeu a few years back, which was unsurprisingly rather impressive

Left the tour guide somewhat confused at the end when shown a machine that would bring up details of any Real player in history and demanding Ivan Campo, naturally
[Post edited 9 Jul 2019 14:53]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Stadium tours on 15:19 - Jul 9 with 3067 viewsOCCOLD335

Stadium tours on 14:53 - Jul 9 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Left the tour guide somewhat confused at the end when shown a machine that would bring up details of any Real player in history and demanding Ivan Campo, naturally

Had a tour of Man U couple of years back. Well worth the money...impressive trophy room, visited a lot of areas...tour guides very impressive
Login to get fewer ads

Stadium tours on 15:44 - Jul 9 with 3019 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Man City is good.

I've not done the Anfield tour, but its the most impressive atmosphere in the country on a match day. (PR aside).

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Stadium tours on 15:45 - Jul 9 with 3017 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Stadium tours on 14:01 - Jul 9 by boysof1981

Only Barcelona, and to be honest I wouldn’t do another one. Pointless exercise as only certain parts are viewable, (away dressing room only at Nou Camp) couldn’t care less what other grounds are like, guessing they’re all very generic and much the same

Never assume or presume, darling.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Stadium tours on 16:18 - Jul 9 with 2947 viewsjudespiveyg

Did the Berlin Olympiastadion 3 years ago. Phenomenally impressive and fascinating stadium with it's history. Was also able to pick up a Hertha shirt for only €30. Would recommend.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Stadium tours on 16:23 - Jul 9 with 2939 viewsbrazil1982

Nou Camp, Bernabeau, Turf Moor, Ibrox, Allianz (Bayern). Bernabeau was the impressive one from that list.

I've had an informal tour of QOTS and Inverness CT.
Stadium tours on 19:56 - Jul 9 with 2794 viewsIllinoisblue

Lambeau Field is a pretty good tour of one of NFL's most iconic stadiums. Even this Bears fan enjoyed it.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Stadium tours on 22:09 - Jul 9 with 2697 viewsradiogaga

I have been to Borussia Dortmund. Impressive seeing the Yellow Wall which could almost hold a sold out Portman Road on its own. Our guide was saying there was an estimated 15 year waiting list for season tickets in the Yellow Wall when we went, bonkers.

Also done Portman Road, Millennium Stadium or whatever it's called now. In terms of baseball, Fenway Park in Boston is the ultimate old school experience.

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

Stadium tours on 22:10 - Jul 9 with 2693 viewsradiogaga

Stadium tours on 14:53 - Jul 9 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I would have asked for Thomas Gravesen personally.

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

Stadium tours on 22:22 - Jul 9 with 2676 viewsbluelagos

Only done Barca and Boca. Gutted both were out of season as both were very impressive.

Barca (have been twice) first went mid 80s and found myself, alone, in a room with some pennants including a '79 QF Cup winners Cup tie against some Suffolk outfit. Sadly, was too scared to pinch it, would be a hell of a momento!

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Stadium tours on 00:36 - Jul 10 with 2601 viewsJ2BLUE

Old Trafford and Portman Road.

Too young to remember much of either but remember the tour group running into Richard Wright. They asked the kids if we knew who he was and no one did so I reckon he must have been quite young and possibly not yet in the first team.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024