Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting article on the origins of the moon hoax theory 09:23 - Jul 10 with 1080 viewsStokieBlue

An interesting analysis on where the theory came from and why the hoax theory persists when it's clearly bobbins:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2019/jul/10/one-giant-lie-why-so-many-people

This is a nice quote given a few on here totally dismiss the line that the Soviets would have exposed it if it hadn't happened:

"Then again, the USSR had the means to expose the Americans at the time; it was listening in. “We were there at Soviet military base 32103,” the Russian cosmonaut Alexei Leonov recently recalled. “I swear to God we sat there with our fingers crossed. We hoped the guys would make it. We wanted this to happen. We knew those who were on board and they knew us, too.”"

The fact other nations say it happened is also totally ignored:

"Despite the extraordinary volume of evidence (including 382kg of moon rock collected across six missions; corroboration from Russia, Japan and China; and images from the Nasa Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter showing the tracks made by the astronauts in the moondust),"

Still, no convincing some people will hang onto one tiny thread they feel is right even against a huge mass of counter evidence.

It's really sad with the 50th anniversary rapidly approaching - the belittlement of the combined achievement of 400,000 people is awful.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Interesting article on the origins of the moon hoax theory on 09:25 - Jul 10 with 1068 viewswkj

The Russians are a government plant, the moon landing took place on a set zzz

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Interesting article on the origins of the moon hoax theory on 09:29 - Jul 10 with 1056 viewshampstead_blue

If there wasn't a bonkers side story then you've lost a lot of freedom of speech and thought.
Having the radical's reminds us of the amazing work others did to get us this far.

I think that religion has been given as a gift to remind the sane that science is cool and we should strive to learn.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Interesting article on the origins of the moon hoax theory on 16:34 - Jul 10 with 892 viewsbaxterbasics

Just read that myself before coming here (quiet day at the office).

It's always the same 'sort' that buys into it, isn't it?

-Moon Landing hoaxers
-Anti Vaxxers
-9/11 'Truthers'
-Chemtrails
-flat earth

Interesting as well that younger people are more inclined to believe them. Too ready to believe what they see on the internet.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Interesting article on the origins of the moon hoax theory on 16:36 - Jul 10 with 886 viewswkj

Interesting article on the origins of the moon hoax theory on 16:34 - Jul 10 by baxterbasics

Just read that myself before coming here (quiet day at the office).

It's always the same 'sort' that buys into it, isn't it?

-Moon Landing hoaxers
-Anti Vaxxers
-9/11 'Truthers'
-Chemtrails
-flat earth

Interesting as well that younger people are more inclined to believe them. Too ready to believe what they see on the internet.

-trump voters

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024