Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Darroch has resigned then 12:34 - Jul 10 with 8461 viewsHerbivore

Didn't really have a lot of choice after Boris refused to back him for fear of upsetting Trump. Worrying times when our next PM is more interested in kowtowing to a dreadful US president than he is in standing up for British sovereignty.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So Darroch has resigned then on 18:16 - Jul 10 with 1420 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So Darroch has resigned then on 18:11 - Jul 10 by Herbivore

You think the timing of it - the morning after Boris, our next PM, refused to back him and condemn Trump - is pure coincidence?

Yep, the day after Trump made it obvious the issue wasn't going away. Not to say that Boris shouldn't have backed him.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

So Darroch has resigned then on 18:33 - Jul 10 with 1388 viewsbluejacko

So Darroch has resigned then on 17:15 - Jul 10 by itfcjoe

He’s basically saying you are thick as referenced in another thread, which is out of order.

Nice to see that he is keeping up with his smartarse comments but hey ho life goes on.
I am just glad I’m not on the same planet 😀
So Darroch has resigned then on 19:08 - Jul 10 with 1360 viewsitfcjoe

So Darroch has resigned then on 17:45 - Jul 10 by SpruceMoose

Where have you been since time began if calling someone a bit dim on TWTD is suddenly a pearl clutching moment for you Joe?

Have you yourself never done that? Hmm?
[Post edited 10 Jul 2019 17:46]

There was no need for it there, but then there normally isn’t in your crusade to seemingly rid the board of anyone with a different opinion to you.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So Darroch has resigned then on 19:12 - Jul 10 with 1348 viewsHerbivore

So Darroch has resigned then on 18:16 - Jul 10 by BanksterDebtSlave

Yep, the day after Trump made it obvious the issue wasn't going away. Not to say that Boris shouldn't have backed him.

The noises coming from the civil service are that it was Boris' lack of backing that triggered his resignation.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So Darroch has resigned then on 19:13 - Jul 10 with 1344 viewsitfcjoe

So Darroch has resigned then on 19:12 - Jul 10 by Herbivore

The noises coming from the civil service are that it was Boris' lack of backing that triggered his resignation.

That’s surely obvious, Boris should have swatted it away but he’s clearly in with that lot now.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So Darroch has resigned then on 19:23 - Jul 10 with 1327 viewsSwansea_Blue

So Darroch has resigned then on 18:12 - Jul 10 by Trequartista

Boris is not really that relevant to the issue. Once it has been revealed what the ambassador thinks of Trump there is no way he can continue to his job. The blame lies 100% with the person who leaked the information.

It’s a combination. The person who leaked it faces charges of breaking the Official Secrets Act - that investigation is in the hands of the police.

The man baby then throws his toys out of the pram, as he does. It’s the first time a ‘friendly’ foreign head of state has publicly refused to deal with one of our Ambassadors.

And absolutely Boris should have defended the UK. But Boris, Banks, Farage, Bannon, smash the state and all that.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Boris is just being used, but his response was appalling and informative in equal measure. He definitely deserves criticism- actually, I think it should easily be the straw that breaks Boris’ back. He’s clearly not fit to be PM.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So Darroch has resigned then on 19:58 - Jul 10 with 1305 viewsTrequartista

So Darroch has resigned then on 19:23 - Jul 10 by Swansea_Blue

It’s a combination. The person who leaked it faces charges of breaking the Official Secrets Act - that investigation is in the hands of the police.

The man baby then throws his toys out of the pram, as he does. It’s the first time a ‘friendly’ foreign head of state has publicly refused to deal with one of our Ambassadors.

And absolutely Boris should have defended the UK. But Boris, Banks, Farage, Bannon, smash the state and all that.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Boris is just being used, but his response was appalling and informative in equal measure. He definitely deserves criticism- actually, I think it should easily be the straw that breaks Boris’ back. He’s clearly not fit to be PM.

I'm not condoning Trump's tweets, but they have no real effect on the situation. Once it is out in the open about what the Ambassador thinks, there is no way he can continue in the job. So although the Ambassador has done nothing wrong at all, his position has been made untenable by the leaks. And therefore it would be simply be grandstanding to back someone in their position if it is untenable.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

So Darroch has resigned then on 21:16 - Jul 10 with 1264 viewssyntaxerror

So Darroch has resigned then on 15:02 - Jul 10 by ElderGrizzly

Farage really is a piece of work. I hope the leak/hack is traced back to his associates

Its Banks, isn't it...
Login to get fewer ads

So Darroch has resigned then on 21:24 - Jul 10 with 1252 viewsWeWereZombies

Hmmm, let's have a little think now...Boris Johnson was Foreign Secretary...civil servants at the Foreign Office report to the Foreign Secretary...who can gather information about those who report to him...communications between ambassadors, overseas staff and the Foreign Office might be handled by someone who reported to Boris Johnson in his time as Foreign Secretary...and that someone may have skeletons in the closet...

No, sorry, just a bunch a random thoughts, cannot contribute anything to this thread I am afraid. Oh, and another one of those damn random thoughts has just popped up in my head

'A few months later, an intrigued Home Secretary agreed to be interviewed by Fortier for the Spectator. He suggested dinner afterwards, where - alongside Boris Johnson, the magazine's editor and a Tory MP, and the columnist Petronella Wyatt, since revealed as Johnson's mistress - he gave Fortier his private number. She had been married only a few months to Vogue publisher Stephen Quinn when the affair began.'

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2004/dec/05/labour.immigrationpolicy

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

So Darroch has resigned then on 07:50 - Jul 11 with 1178 viewspickles110564

So Darroch has resigned then on 14:36 - Jul 10 by wkj

So are you going to come out and tell us why you posted you voted remain and then posted that you voted leave? Or are you going to keep thinking of you ignore it that it will go away? At this point you're clearly a troll on a wind up and should consider finding a new forum to move onto seems as you've been rumbled on here as well

Sprucey, grow up.
So Darroch has resigned then on 08:16 - Jul 11 with 1164 viewswkj

So Darroch has resigned then on 07:50 - Jul 11 by pickles110564

Sprucey, grow up.

Serious question, are you going to tell us why you said you voted Leave and why you said voted Remain? Or are you going to regress back into calling my by another user's name to deflect?
[Post edited 11 Jul 2019 8:17]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

So Darroch has resigned then on 08:20 - Jul 11 with 1158 viewsWeWereZombies

So Darroch has resigned then on 08:16 - Jul 11 by wkj

Serious question, are you going to tell us why you said you voted Leave and why you said voted Remain? Or are you going to regress back into calling my by another user's name to deflect?
[Post edited 11 Jul 2019 8:17]

Letting the 'Sprucey' jibe go unchallenged?

Actually, that makes me feel incredibly simple, I should have seen this months ago.

But, then again, I have only just worked out that 'wellhungphil' and 'pencilpete' are probably the same poster...
[Post edited 11 Jul 2019 8:22]

So Darroch has resigned then on 08:22 - Jul 11 with 1152 viewswkj

So Darroch has resigned then on 08:20 - Jul 11 by WeWereZombies

Letting the 'Sprucey' jibe go unchallenged?

Actually, that makes me feel incredibly simple, I should have seen this months ago.

But, then again, I have only just worked out that 'wellhungphil' and 'pencilpete' are probably the same poster...
[Post edited 11 Jul 2019 8:22]

Once upon a time that accusation may have rankled a bit, but since pickles outed himself as a troll it is clearly just part of his routine.

As for users being other users, have you not twigged yet that glassers and koont are the same poster?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

So Darroch has resigned then on 08:24 - Jul 11 with 1150 viewsWeWereZombies

So Darroch has resigned then on 08:22 - Jul 11 by wkj

Once upon a time that accusation may have rankled a bit, but since pickles outed himself as a troll it is clearly just part of his routine.

As for users being other users, have you not twigged yet that glassers and koont are the same poster?

Och aye, I weel have that, Jimmy...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024