Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which single '81 UEFA Cup winner would you pick to put in this seasons team? 13:49 - Jul 10 with 4899 viewsAlan_Essex

Which single '81 UEFA Cup winner would you pick to put in this seasons team?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

BardfieldBlue
Poll: VAR - or no VAR in League One

Which single '81 UEFA Cup winner would you pick to put in this seasons team? on 18:31 - Jul 10 with 854 viewsfactual_blue

No Paul Cooper?

And where's the 'all of them' option?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Which single '81 UEFA Cup winner would you pick to put in this seasons team? on 18:47 - Jul 10 with 837 viewsconnorscontract

Which single '81 UEFA Cup winner would you pick to put in this seasons team? on 15:00 - Jul 10 by hoppy

I toyed with Mariner, but went for Brazil, as the more natural scorer - and goals are seemingly what we struggle with.

Brazil got 70 in 154 appearances for us.
Mariner got 96 in 260 games.

If you are after goals then why didn't you pick John Wark, who scored almost as many that season as Mariner and Brazil put together?

36 goals as an attacking midfielder, whilst also being the only midfielder who could put a tackle in. 1981 Wark would destroy League One.
Which single '81 UEFA Cup winner would you pick to put in this seasons team? on 20:26 - Jul 10 with 808 viewsmonty_radio

Which single '81 UEFA Cup winner would you pick to put in this seasons team? on 18:47 - Jul 10 by connorscontract

If you are after goals then why didn't you pick John Wark, who scored almost as many that season as Mariner and Brazil put together?

36 goals as an attacking midfielder, whilst also being the only midfielder who could put a tackle in. 1981 Wark would destroy League One.

I think that Wark, outstanding as he was, was enabled by the greatness of the side, but was not necessarily its engine. Also, in polls, there is often an element that the most recent gets the nod, and Wark, in then re-incarnations yet to be, was seen by a far number of people represented on here who will have voted, but not necessarily outlined their reasons.

I'd have to say Butcher for the gargantuan "thou-shalt-not-pass" he personified as against our current "let's-pass-to-them-and help-them-out" sort of defending.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Which single '81 UEFA Cup winner would you pick to put in this seasons team? on 20:33 - Jul 10 with 800 viewsPJH

Which single '81 UEFA Cup winner would you pick to put in this seasons team? on 20:26 - Jul 10 by monty_radio

I think that Wark, outstanding as he was, was enabled by the greatness of the side, but was not necessarily its engine. Also, in polls, there is often an element that the most recent gets the nod, and Wark, in then re-incarnations yet to be, was seen by a far number of people represented on here who will have voted, but not necessarily outlined their reasons.

I'd have to say Butcher for the gargantuan "thou-shalt-not-pass" he personified as against our current "let's-pass-to-them-and help-them-out" sort of defending.

I think that all of that side with the possible exception of Cooper and McCall(who played the second half of the season because Burley was injured)would have got into any other team in the country as individuals, they were that good, but they all dovetailed into a near perfect unit.
Which single '81 UEFA Cup winner would you pick to put in this seasons team? on 20:45 - Jul 10 with 786 viewshoppy

Which single '81 UEFA Cup winner would you pick to put in this seasons team? on 18:27 - Jul 10 by factual_blue

After you 'toyed with Mariner' there was a court appearance and a restraining order.

I said I'd deal with all that nonsense after lunch...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Which single '81 UEFA Cup winner would you pick to put in this seasons team? on 20:49 - Jul 10 with 780 viewshoppy

Which single '81 UEFA Cup winner would you pick to put in this seasons team? on 18:47 - Jul 10 by connorscontract

Obviously that is true re: Wark, but I don't think a midfielder (irrespective of how many goals he gets) is what our greatest need is for this coming season, but a striker that knows where the goal is, and can put the ball in it on more than just the odd occasion is what we could do with, as I think we've got enough options for creating chances, but sadly too few to actually take them, relying on an as yet untested Norwood.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Which single '81 UEFA Cup winner would you pick to put in this seasons team? on 21:09 - Jul 10 with 766 viewsallezlesbleus

I went for Warky. But Thijssen and Butcher especially were hard to not pick. Then Mariner and Brazil. Mills as captain. Muhren - total class.

So glad I don't support Narwich.
Which single '81 UEFA Cup winner would you pick to put in this seasons team? on 08:36 - Jul 11 with 696 viewsAlan_Essex

Which single '81 UEFA Cup winner would you pick to put in this seasons team? on 18:31 - Jul 10 by factual_blue

No Paul Cooper?

And where's the 'all of them' option?

You only get 10 options!! So chose the outfield... I did give PC an honourable mention earlier in the string...

BardfieldBlue
Poll: VAR - or no VAR in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024