Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week 17:01 - Jul 10 with 18605 viewsSteve_M

And then when that failed they set all of their social media fanclub onto it:

Good advertising for the programme anyway.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 08:04 - Jul 11 with 1617 viewschicoazul

Dont tell me you lot watched this instead of the excellent programme about Apollo 11 on BBC 2?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 08:15 - Jul 11 with 1599 viewsWeWereZombies

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 06:00 - Jul 11 by brogansnose

Would this be the same BBC that gets accused of being a hotbed of lefties from the Conservatives ?

While agree with you in that the BBC seem to get targeted from all sides as they appear to seek a balanced view I also have to say that it seems to be that there was a shift in emphasis in their reporting from, say, 2017 when they went from being impartial to reverting to an organ of the state - a state that was being railroaded into leaving the European Union. So the unfairness of The Mail always moaning about BBC licence fees being 'wasted' became an unfairness of The Guardian moaning about the BBC being more negative about Corbyn than May. Difficult to come to a conclusion when the BBC gives the 'oooh, Jeremy Corbyn' moments at Glastonbury 2017 coverage but also gives May and husband sofa time on 'The One Show'.

Being my usual mischievous self I could not help noticing this when I was having a squint at someone's Wikipedia page as I recalled his earlier, admittedly unsubstantiated, interference in Labour's front bench as a possible clue to where the leak in the Sir Kim Darroch case came from:

'He gained a reputation as a poor political pundit as a result of incorrect political predictions made in the magazine, and was strongly criticised–including by his father-in-law Charles Wheeler–for allowing Spectator columnist Taki Theodoracopulos to publish racist and antisemitic language in the magazine.' from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boris_Johnson

Perhaps the Conservative Party may have a few antisemitic problems too? Or am I just deflecting the main thrust of this thread?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 08:22 - Jul 11 with 1575 viewsBlueBadger

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 07:34 - Jul 11 by GlasgowBlue

Decent Labour MP’s coming to their defence.

Somebody in the Labour press team had the balls to put this up before it was taken down very quickly.

What’s not being discussed are the Jewish Labour members who were close to tears as they recalled the abuse they had suffered at various branch meetings. I’ve been posting loads of similar examples for years.

I presume the 'political axes to grind' that Lisa Nandy talks of is that whole 'we really shouldn't be being so half arsed about racism' axes.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 08:24 - Jul 11 with 1571 viewsGlasgowBlue

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 08:15 - Jul 11 by WeWereZombies

While agree with you in that the BBC seem to get targeted from all sides as they appear to seek a balanced view I also have to say that it seems to be that there was a shift in emphasis in their reporting from, say, 2017 when they went from being impartial to reverting to an organ of the state - a state that was being railroaded into leaving the European Union. So the unfairness of The Mail always moaning about BBC licence fees being 'wasted' became an unfairness of The Guardian moaning about the BBC being more negative about Corbyn than May. Difficult to come to a conclusion when the BBC gives the 'oooh, Jeremy Corbyn' moments at Glastonbury 2017 coverage but also gives May and husband sofa time on 'The One Show'.

Being my usual mischievous self I could not help noticing this when I was having a squint at someone's Wikipedia page as I recalled his earlier, admittedly unsubstantiated, interference in Labour's front bench as a possible clue to where the leak in the Sir Kim Darroch case came from:

'He gained a reputation as a poor political pundit as a result of incorrect political predictions made in the magazine, and was strongly criticised–including by his father-in-law Charles Wheeler–for allowing Spectator columnist Taki Theodoracopulos to publish racist and antisemitic language in the magazine.' from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boris_Johnson

Perhaps the Conservative Party may have a few antisemitic problems too? Or am I just deflecting the main thrust of this thread?

“Perhaps the Conservative Party may have a few antisemitic problems too?”

Of course they do. But nowhere near to the endemic anti semitism in the Labour Party.

The Tories have their own issues with Islamophobia. They are at the stage where Labour were with anti semitism three years ago. If they dint get to grips with it now then we’ll be having the same conversation re Tory Islamophobia that is happening with Labour and anti semitism right now.

So far the bingo card I posted yesterday is gradually being ticked off.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 08:29 - Jul 11 with 1556 viewsWeWereZombies

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 08:24 - Jul 11 by GlasgowBlue

“Perhaps the Conservative Party may have a few antisemitic problems too?”

Of course they do. But nowhere near to the endemic anti semitism in the Labour Party.

The Tories have their own issues with Islamophobia. They are at the stage where Labour were with anti semitism three years ago. If they dint get to grips with it now then we’ll be having the same conversation re Tory Islamophobia that is happening with Labour and anti semitism right now.

So far the bingo card I posted yesterday is gradually being ticked off.

You can carry on playing the bingo card 'card' but tell me this - who is more likely to get into Number Ten, Jeremy Corbyn or Boris Johnson?

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 08:30 - Jul 11 with 1548 viewsStokieBlue

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 08:04 - Jul 11 by chicoazul

Dont tell me you lot watched this instead of the excellent programme about Apollo 11 on BBC 2?

That's for a glass of wine and iPlayer

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 08:31 - Jul 11 with 1544 viewsGlasgowBlue

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 08:29 - Jul 11 by WeWereZombies

You can carry on playing the bingo card 'card' but tell me this - who is more likely to get into Number Ten, Jeremy Corbyn or Boris Johnson?

Choo choo the whatabouterry train.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 08:34 - Jul 11 with 1537 viewsBlueBadger

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 08:29 - Jul 11 by WeWereZombies

If you buy into his support as much as the Cult of the Dear Leader does, he is. Therefore he should be doing something about it...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Login to get fewer ads

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 08:37 - Jul 11 with 1537 viewsBlueBadger

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 22:15 - Jul 10 by 26_Paz

So all the labour members they interviewed just made it all up? The TV clips of Corbyn and his cronies displaying blatant anti semitism are fake? The actual labour MPs admitting the own party is anti Semitic are lying? Seriously mate, wake up. Unless of course you think the whole thing is a Jewish conspiracy?

Given your disgust at this endemic racism of the Labour party, will you be withdrawing your support from the Brexit Party and Boris Johnson?
[Post edited 11 Jul 2019 9:41]

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 08:43 - Jul 11 with 1523 viewsSteve_M

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 08:04 - Jul 11 by chicoazul

I saw it was dramatised and saw little point. Go watch Apollo 11 in the cinema, that is excellent.

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 08:45 - Jul 11 with 1517 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 07:34 - Jul 11 by GlasgowBlue

Decent Labour MP’s coming to their defence.

Somebody in the Labour press team had the balls to put this up before it was taken down very quickly.

What’s not being discussed are the Jewish Labour members who were close to tears as they recalled the abuse they had suffered at various branch meetings. I’ve been posting loads of similar examples for years.

....and all beautifully lit while doing so whereas all footage of Corbyn seemed strangely grainy, up close and rather sinister!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 08:48 - Jul 11 with 1512 viewsSteve_M

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 08:45 - Jul 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

....and all beautifully lit while doing so whereas all footage of Corbyn seemed strangely grainy, up close and rather sinister!

That was the Press TV footage.

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 09:04 - Jul 11 with 1496 viewsStokieBlue

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 07:40 - Jul 11 by Steve_M

At least three of those people were really young and some of them spoke about how they joined the Labour Party having been enthused by Corbyn.

Indeed, kinds of makes their response seem premeditated.

Address the content, not the individuals. Organisations like Labour shouldn't be going for the ad hominen approach.

SB

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 09:07 - Jul 11 with 1489 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 08:48 - Jul 11 by Steve_M

That was the Press TV footage.

Not just that....but whenever I occassionally watched it the quality was better than that shown last night. There was one particularly sinister, grainy close up of Corbyn saying something unsinister!
Overall I found the programme a bit 'meh' to be honest.....certainly no knock out evidence of institutional anti semitism or existential threats. Rather evidence that some nasty, loud mouthed SWP types go to some constituency L.P. meetings which isn't exactly new I imagine....some of them will need kicking out.
I admit the programme didn't have my undivided attention but it seemed that the 'close knit friends' at the disputes team may have adopted a bunker mentality. Is a request to send some files to be looked at by interns in a different office evidence of speeding up the process or evil ill intentioned interference, I don't know.

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 09:09 - Jul 11 with 1481 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 08:31 - Jul 11 by GlasgowBlue

Had any "as a Jew..." ones yet?

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 09:23 - Jul 11 with 1461 viewsDarth_Koont

I was wrong.

It was a stitch-up followed by a hatchet job. And another piece of lamentable journalism from the BBC on this matter.

Be interesting to see the BBC’s response to the questions being raised by Labour and others like Buzzfeed.

Pronouns: He/Him

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 09:27 - Jul 11 with 1443 viewsStokieBlue

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 09:23 - Jul 11 by Darth_Koont

I was wrong.

It was a stitch-up followed by a hatchet job. And another piece of lamentable journalism from the BBC on this matter.

Be interesting to see the BBC’s response to the questions being raised by Labour and others like Buzzfeed.

So lets be clear about this.

You are calling the members of the dispute team, people who were there and know more than you about the subject liars?

In which case I don't see what could ever be presented that would change your mind.

SB
[Post edited 11 Jul 2019 9:29]

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 09:32 - Jul 11 with 1418 viewsDanTheMan

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 09:27 - Jul 11 by StokieBlue

You are calling the members of the dispute team, people who were there and know more than you about the subject liars?

In which case I don't see what could ever be presented that would change your mind.

SB

In fariness, the thread there is the same one I posted a bit further up which doesn't really deal with the claims made by the dispute team but the emails Panorama have. Labour say they have been edited to seem worse than they are.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 09:38 - Jul 11 with 1400 viewsgiant_stow

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 09:07 - Jul 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

Not just that....but whenever I occassionally watched it the quality was better than that shown last night. There was one particularly sinister, grainy close up of Corbyn saying something unsinister!
Overall I found the programme a bit 'meh' to be honest.....certainly no knock out evidence of institutional anti semitism or existential threats. Rather evidence that some nasty, loud mouthed SWP types go to some constituency L.P. meetings which isn't exactly new I imagine....some of them will need kicking out.
I admit the programme didn't have my undivided attention but it seemed that the 'close knit friends' at the disputes team may have adopted a bunker mentality. Is a request to send some files to be looked at by interns in a different office evidence of speeding up the process or evil ill intentioned interference, I don't know.

What about the ginger sinister enforcer who was dropped in to serve as political officer? Mummy!

The whistle blowers seemed perfectly believable to me - bizarre that a party that supposedly fights for the workers will sh1t all over its own just like that.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 09:39 - Jul 11 with 1398 viewshampstead_blue

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 09:23 - Jul 11 by Darth_Koont

I was wrong.

Are you Owen Jones in disguise?

(Thankfully I missed him on Today this morning. Horrid little man.)

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 09:39 - Jul 11 with 1396 viewsStokieBlue

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 09:32 - Jul 11 by DanTheMan

In fariness, the thread there is the same one I posted a bit further up which doesn't really deal with the claims made by the dispute team but the emails Panorama have. Labour say they have been edited to seem worse than they are.

OK thanks - I can't see the thread unfortunately.

I was more referring to this part:

"I was wrong.

It was a stitch-up followed by a hatchet job. And another piece of lamentable journalism from the BBC on this matter. "

I assume that refers to the whole documentary as those are the exact words he used when predicting what it would be like before the airing. This would include the disputes teams evidence which needs to be addressed, not dismissed as lamentable journalism or a stitch-up.

SB
[Post edited 11 Jul 2019 9:40]

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 09:41 - Jul 11 with 1389 viewsWeWereZombies

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 08:31 - Jul 11 by GlasgowBlue

As the opening of that sentence indicates, there might just be two 'whataboutery' trains, neither of which takes us to the destination we require.

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 09:41 - Jul 11 with 1389 viewsDarth_Koont

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 09:27 - Jul 11 by StokieBlue

SB

I don't know. Maybe? Nothing surprises me any more.

But I'm trying to understand why the disputes team members' testimony is only being supported by such shoddily produced evidence.

Pronouns: He/Him

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 09:42 - Jul 11 with 1379 viewsDanTheMan

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 09:39 - Jul 11 by StokieBlue

OK thanks - I can't see the thread unfortunately.

I was more referring to this part:

"I was wrong.

It was a stitch-up followed by a hatchet job. And another piece of lamentable journalism from the BBC on this matter. "

I assume that refers to the whole documentary as those are the exact words he used when predicting what it would be like before the airing. This would include the disputes teams evidence which needs to be addressed, not dismissed as lamentable journalism or a stitch-up.

SB
[Post edited 11 Jul 2019 9:40]

Fair enough!

I've not seen anything from Labour so far that is a decent defence of what the dispute teams said, which is upsetting.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 09:42 - Jul 11 with 1376 viewsBlueBadger

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 09:41 - Jul 11 by WeWereZombies

As the opening of that sentence indicates, there might just be two 'whataboutery' trains, neither of which takes us to the destination we require.

It's certainly worth noting that, not just in media, but in this thread, there's a few that'll quite happily accept any amount of bigotry if it's THEIR team doing it.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2019 9:48]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024