Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pretty loose question re. home security... 17:48 - Jul 10 with 2610 viewsclive_baker

After a couple of break ins down my ends I'm looking to beef up my security at home. I don't want anything that's visible from the road or leaves my gaff looking like fort knox, but something to give a little peace of mind, especially as I'm away with work a bit. Anyone know of anything effective, perhaps use of tech? I've got an iPhone.

Cheers,

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Pretty loose question re. home security... on 17:50 - Jul 10 with 2590 viewsSpruceMoose

Camera Doorbell?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Pretty loose question re. home security... on 17:54 - Jul 10 with 2569 viewsGlasgowBlue

Hive do some nice discreet cameras but surely you want somebody to see it from the street as it is a very good deterrent. They’ll see your camera and move on to somebody else’s home.

Also, a ring doorbell does what it says on the box. You can set it to activate when there is movement near the front of your house.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Pretty loose question re. home security... on 17:54 - Jul 10 with 2572 viewschicoazul

Good strong new locks front and back. Make sure all your windows are shut when you leave the house. No obvious points of entry, for instance wheely bins in front of your fence that a scumbag could hop on and over. Shut all your curtains blinds etc at night. Make good friends with your neighbours so you all look out for each others place when youre away, out etc. Dont put stuff on social media about where you are going and how long youre away for.
Most burglars are opportunist scumbags who walk around casing places and looking for simple easy break ins and many of them take cameras, Ring doorbells etc as a sign you have stuff worth nicking. Its a fine balance

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Pretty loose question re. home security... on 18:32 - Jul 10 with 2532 viewsfactual_blue

Pretty loose question re. home security... on 17:50 - Jul 10 by SpruceMoose

Camera Doorbell?

Do you have a particular product to recommend, by any chance?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Pretty loose question re. home security... on 18:45 - Jul 10 with 2510 viewsBloomBlue

Don't leave your bins outside after they've been emptied a lot of burglars use that as the sign no one is in.
Pretty loose question re. home security... on 19:03 - Jul 10 with 2472 viewsSpruceMoose

Pretty loose question re. home security... on 18:45 - Jul 10 by BloomBlue

Don't leave your bins outside after they've been emptied a lot of burglars use that as the sign no one is in.

What if the bin men come while you're at work? There's money to be made in the remote control bin market clearly.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Pretty loose question re. home security... on 19:13 - Jul 10 with 2445 viewsSwansea_Blue

Pretty loose question re. home security... on 18:32 - Jul 10 by factual_blue

Do you have a particular product to recommend, by any chance?

I can recommend the Moosaphonomatik 3000. Or for an extra £14.99+VAT the Moosaphonomatik 4000 has added horn.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Pretty loose question re. home security... on 20:21 - Jul 10 with 2373 viewsFelstow1978

Pretty loose question re. home security... on 19:13 - Jul 10 by Swansea_Blue

I can recommend the Moosaphonomatik 3000. Or for an extra £14.99+VAT the Moosaphonomatik 4000 has added horn.

Tony Martin charges a reasonable hourly rate, so I hear

Poll: Isn't it time that HRH Shesgotmyballsinherhand stops feeling the need to preach?

Login to get fewer ads

Pretty loose question re. home security... on 20:32 - Jul 10 with 2360 viewsBloomBlue

Pretty loose question re. home security... on 19:03 - Jul 10 by SpruceMoose

What if the bin men come while you're at work? There's money to be made in the remote control bin market clearly.

Probably is, or a very strong piece of elastic. Where I live in London the police have said on more than one occasion they can match the pattern of a house breakin with the bins left outside. It's like a flashing sign saying; nobody in this house please breakin.

I would suggest getting a dog, but apparently burglars now carry acid or bleach to spray in to the dogs face and I wouldn't want to see a dog hurt.
Pretty loose question re. home security... on 20:51 - Jul 10 with 2322 viewsHARRY10

Pretty loose question re. home security... on 20:21 - Jul 10 by Felstow1978

Tony Martin charges a reasonable hourly rate, so I hear

unfortunately you wouldn't want you stairs taken up, your windows left open and this nutcase clutching a loaded shotgun while all your lights have to be kept off

chicoazul has the best advice breaks ins are by opportunist smackheads who are looking for easy targets and you would be amazed at how easy some make it by not taking the most obvious precautions
Pretty loose question re. home security... on 21:12 - Jul 10 with 2291 viewsBluefish

We've got 3 x Blink cameras outside and a ring doorbell. Both quite cheap and so easy to install yourself

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Pretty loose question re. home security... on 21:50 - Jul 10 with 2245 viewsPinewoodblue

Home security devices are meant to be a deterrent so need to be seen.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Pretty loose question re. home security... on 21:56 - Jul 10 with 2236 viewsElderGrizzly

Canary devices are very good, combined with a Ring doorbell.

Noise and motion triggered

https://canary.is/
Pretty loose question re. home security... on 22:04 - Jul 10 with 2222 viewsjeera

Pretty loose question re. home security... on 20:32 - Jul 10 by BloomBlue

Probably is, or a very strong piece of elastic. Where I live in London the police have said on more than one occasion they can match the pattern of a house breakin with the bins left outside. It's like a flashing sign saying; nobody in this house please breakin.

I would suggest getting a dog, but apparently burglars now carry acid or bleach to spray in to the dogs face and I wouldn't want to see a dog hurt.

Geese.

You can't bribe a goose and if in a worst case scenario one gets hurt, well, at least that's dinner sorted.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Pretty loose question re. home security... on 22:10 - Jul 10 with 2208 viewsBloomBlue

Pretty loose question re. home security... on 22:04 - Jul 10 by jeera

Geese.

You can't bribe a goose and if in a worst case scenario one gets hurt, well, at least that's dinner sorted.

A goose is a good idea but I dont live in that part of London, it only works in Brent
Pretty loose question re. home security... on 11:09 - Jul 11 with 2024 viewstrueblue1970

I invested in CCTV cameras x 4 around my place giving full coverage of property and garden, they are visible but discreet

They give excellent coverage and record holding data for 28 days, you can also look on iPhone or TV for live coverage

Gives good piece of mind and deterrent for those looking at easier property’s to break into

I’ve also got 2 dogs that are vocal if strangers are about.
Pretty loose question re. home security... on 11:11 - Jul 11 with 2020 viewstextbackup

Get a dog

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Pretty loose question re. home security... on 11:34 - Jul 11 with 1992 viewsBluefish

Pretty loose question re. home security... on 11:11 - Jul 11 by textbackup

Get a dog

I've got a cockapoo. Not sure she will protect the house

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024