Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big game today 07:26 - Jul 11 with 1897 viewsCoastalblue

Very nervous, very worried about Warner.

I think losing to the Aussies in the semi would just be the worst thing, I'd almost rather we had not qualified.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Big game today on 07:34 - Jul 11 with 1871 viewsSaleAway

If we'd been playing India, you'd have been worried about Rohit and Kohli - and look what happened to them.

Turn it round - Australia haven't won an international match at Edgbaston since 1993 - they must be terrified... and if Warner fails, they're screwed...

If we get off to a good start, either with bat or ball, I think we'll be ok.

but yeah, losing would be rubbish.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Big game today on 07:36 - Jul 11 with 1864 viewsJonBlue

My main worry is Eoin Morgan losing the toss, as this tournament has shown having runs on the board is a great advantage. I think the teams are fairly evenly matched and getting to bat first could easily be the difference.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2019 7:41]
Big game today on 07:44 - Jul 11 with 1831 viewsSteve_M

Big game today on 07:34 - Jul 11 by SaleAway

If we'd been playing India, you'd have been worried about Rohit and Kohli - and look what happened to them.

Turn it round - Australia haven't won an international match at Edgbaston since 1993 - they must be terrified... and if Warner fails, they're screwed...

It's 2001 but the point still holds.

Both sides are better when they bat first and Warner or Roy gets the runs flowing early. Australia have probably looked more composed across the tournament but England had to win their last two matches - against two good sides - to reach the semi-finals.

It's well balanced and I really wouldn't like to predict who will win. And, let's face it, most of us certainly saw India as favourites yesterday morning.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Big game today on 07:51 - Jul 11 with 1812 viewschristiand

Got everything crossed Coastal. Just wish the England captain and players would keep their mouths shut and do their talking on the pitch. They looked woefully second best against the Aussies in the group stage in all aspects of the game.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Big game today on 07:55 - Jul 11 with 1799 viewsSaleAway

Big game today on 07:44 - Jul 11 by Steve_M

It's 2001 but the point still holds.

Both sides are better when they bat first and Warner or Roy gets the runs flowing early. Australia have probably looked more composed across the tournament but England had to win their last two matches - against two good sides - to reach the semi-finals.

It's well balanced and I really wouldn't like to predict who will win. And, let's face it, most of us certainly saw India as favourites yesterday morning.

My bad - copied stat without fact checking....

Yeah, will be interesting to see how the pitch is - it doesn't need to last, so hoping its a bit quicker than some of those we've seen.

too close to call - I can't see much work getting done today.

Big game today on 07:58 - Jul 11 with 1794 viewsIpswichKnight

Look on the positives, they don't have a 5th bowler, get after one of Starc, Cummins, Lyon or Berndhoff and they are suddenly short of 20 overs. Like India they have a brilliant top 3 and keeper/batsman but there isn't an awful lot left after those.

They really do not like playing at Edgbaston they looked crestfallen after the saafies did them over at the thought of playing there, a bit like us at the firs test in Brisbane you know it's not going to go well!
Big game today on 08:00 - Jul 11 with 1787 viewshampstead_blue

I just had a call from a mate who offered me a ticket!
Sadly, Mrs H is in London today and I'd have to leave the youngest to go feral.

I'm confident. The Aussies rely on two or three players and I do feel that we have greater strength in depth.

Lyon is their key bowler. I fell we can get past Starc but Lyon in the middle overs can be very good indeed. Maxwell? Show pony but a gun fielder.

Plunkett over Mo, or shall I change my mind! Mo can be world/panel beater....toss the coin.....

Still can't believe I've turned down a ticket! Arrgggghhhhh!!!!

Nervous/confident/nervous/confident.....going mad.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Big game today on 08:25 - Jul 11 with 1759 viewswkj

Big game today on 07:34 - Jul 11 by SaleAway

If they bowl first they need to start a darn sight stronger than they did against the Aussies last time. On the merit of gome of the "group games" you'd be forgiven to feel that England are the biggest threat to England rather than Australia being that threat.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

Big game today on 09:17 - Jul 11 with 1692 viewsReuser_is_God

Big game today on 08:00 - Jul 11 by hampstead_blue

I just had a call from a mate who offered me a ticket!
Sadly, Mrs H is in London today and I'd have to leave the youngest to go feral.

I'm confident. The Aussies rely on two or three players and I do feel that we have greater strength in depth.

Lyon is their key bowler. I fell we can get past Starc but Lyon in the middle overs can be very good indeed. Maxwell? Show pony but a gun fielder.

Plunkett over Mo, or shall I change my mind! Mo can be world/panel beater....toss the coin.....

Still can't believe I've turned down a ticket! Arrgggghhhhh!!!!

Nervous/confident/nervous/confident.....going mad.

Lyon always plays well against us.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Big game today on 09:32 - Jul 11 with 1676 viewsIpswichKnight

Only way Mo plays is if it looks like a pitch that has been baked in the heat of the Mumbai sun for 5 days!
Big game today on 09:33 - Jul 11 with 1674 viewsMaySixth

I've watched every ball of every game.

Although he has a good tournament, Warner's luck will not last today.

Smith and Maxwell are the danger men for me.

England will win.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Big game today on 09:34 - Jul 11 with 1672 viewshampstead_blue

Big game today on 09:32 - Jul 11 by IpswichKnight

Only way Mo plays is if it looks like a pitch that has been baked in the heat of the Mumbai sun for 5 days!

That would be great to negate Starc et all but we don't go well on burners.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Big game today on 10:36 - Jul 11 with 1632 viewsCoastalblue

Just logged back in to say I have a gut feeiling for Archer to have a big day today, and as I open the board!

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Big game today on 11:11 - Jul 11 with 1607 viewsSaleAway

Big game today on 08:25 - Jul 11 by wkj

If they bowl first they need to start a darn sight stronger than they did against the Aussies last time. On the merit of gome of the "group games" you'd be forgiven to feel that England are the biggest threat to England rather than Australia being that threat.

I think this classes as a stronger start!

Big game today on 17:02 - Jul 11 with 1527 viewsMaySixth

Big game today on 09:33 - Jul 11 by MaySixth

I've watched every ball of every game.

Although he has a good tournament, Warner's luck will not last today.

Smith and Maxwell are the danger men for me.

England will win.

Thank you.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024