Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nine months then 11:40 - Jul 11 with 10270 viewsfactual_blue

Fourteen decades should be added to that.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Nine months then on 15:12 - Jul 11 with 1817 viewscrunchie1978

Nine months then on 15:01 - Jul 11 by BlueBadger

Be fair, he' doesn't know the difference between 'your' and 'you're'.

Contempt of Court is definitely going to be a step too far.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2019 15:02]

Apologises for the lack of grammar.
Nine months then on 15:23 - Jul 11 with 1806 viewsbluebud

Nine months then on 12:37 - Jul 11 by Swansea_Blue

Time already served is to be taken into account, so he's only going to serve 19 weeks and be out in half of that. He'll only be in for the school holidays. Still, a lot can happen with a soap on a rope in the showers in 8 weeks.

I'd throw the book at the little scrote, as Mullersdinho said.

...so you're hoping that a man gets raped? You have your fingers crossed that it'll happen?

It's an absolutely sordid wish on your behalf.
Nine months then on 15:26 - Jul 11 with 1797 viewsNazemariner

It does seem to be one rule for Tommy, and a different one for anyone else.

There is no doubt that he is an odious little man, but if that were reason enough for imprisonment then half this board would find themselves at her majesty's pleasure.

The major worry is the liberal nanny state that we seem to become.
lollers! (n/t) on 15:27 - Jul 11 with 1795 viewsJ2BLUE

lollers! (n/t) on 14:35 - Jul 11 by BlueBadger

Crunchie supports paedophiles. Therefore he hates people who dislike paedophiles and people who support them.

Keep trying. Perhaps he'll eventually reply how you're hoping.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Nine months then on 15:27 - Jul 11 with 1795 viewsfooters

Nine months then on 15:26 - Jul 11 by Nazemariner

There is no doubt that he is an odious little man, but if that were reason enough for imprisonment then half this board would find themselves at her majesty's pleasure.

How many people on this board have potentially prejudiced the trials of paedophiles? I'm one but not sure how many others?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Nine months then on 15:30 - Jul 11 with 1788 viewsJ2BLUE

You're right there does. He gets away with so much which really should see him punished but for some reason he gets away with it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Nine months then on 15:32 - Jul 11 with 1774 viewsNazemariner

It's refreshing that people have chose to discuss the comment i made, rather than launch straight into a character assassination.
Nine months then on 15:34 - Jul 11 with 1769 viewsfactual_blue

Nine months then on 15:32 - Jul 11 by Nazemariner

It's refreshing that people have chose to discuss the comment i made, rather than launch straight into a character assassination.

He has no character to assassinate.

Login to get fewer ads

Nine months then on 15:35 - Jul 11 with 1770 viewsfooters

Nine months then on 15:32 - Jul 11 by Nazemariner

Well, would you care to comment? People don't get put in prison for being odious; they do get put in prison for committing crimes though.

Nine months then on 15:38 - Jul 11 with 1759 viewsWeWereZombies

But hasn't he bulked up? That would make him an odious big man. Just pointing out that playing the character assassination card by referring to someone's physical appearance is a bit ad hominem, isn't it?

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Nine months then on 15:39 - Jul 11 with 1756 viewsfactual_blue

Nine months then on 15:35 - Jul 11 by footers

Well, would you care to comment? People don't get put in prison for being odious; they do get put in prison for committing crimes though.

We've already established that 'contempt of court' and 'the right to a fair trial' are ideas that pass fair-minded proper English blokes by.

When I say 'fair-minded proper English blokes ' I actually mean complete dunderheads'.

Nine months then on 15:42 - Jul 11 with 1752 viewsfactual_blue

Nine months then on 15:23 - Jul 11 by bluebud

...so you're hoping that a man gets raped? You have your fingers crossed that it'll happen?

It's an absolutely sordid wish on your behalf.

tommy milkshake is a man in only the narrowest sense of the word.

Nine months then on 15:46 - Jul 11 with 1743 viewsNazemariner

Nine months then on 15:35 - Jul 11 by footers

I guess i fall into a category that many people are in, but most of which refuse to accept. I know very little about the subject. All i know about Tommy Robinson is from his publications, or from those who wish to attack him. Neither of which seem particularly reliable. I'm sure somebody will put me straight, but it seems that an exerted effort is made by the establishment to silence Tommy, for fear of him gaining popular support.
Nine months then on 15:47 - Jul 11 with 1741 viewsGeoffSentence

I am stuggling to understand how so many people don't get the concept of being punished for committing a crime whilst serving a suspended sentence.

I don't pay any attention to the chap, but it seems quite straightforward to me why he has been imprisoned.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Nine months then on 15:48 - Jul 11 with 1734 viewsNazemariner

Nine months then on 15:38 - Jul 11 by WeWereZombies

But hasn't he bulked up? That would make him an odious big man. Just pointing out that playing the character assassination card by referring to someone's physical appearance is a bit ad hominem, isn't it?

I'm not sure i played a card of any kind?
Nine months then on 15:51 - Jul 11 with 1729 viewsHerbivore

Nine months then on 15:46 - Jul 11 by Nazemariner

I guess i fall into a category that many people are in, but most of which refuse to accept. I know very little about the subject. All i know about Tommy Robinson is from his publications, or from those who wish to attack him. Neither of which seem particularly reliable. I'm sure somebody will put me straight, but it seems that an exerted effort is made by the establishment to silence Tommy, for fear of him gaining popular support.

He committed a crime he was already serving a suspended sentence for. It's a slam dunk custodial sentence. As for silencing him, the little scrote gets tons of media coverage, far more than non-white hate preachers are given.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Nine months then on 15:54 - Jul 11 with 1726 viewscrunchie1978

Nine months then on 15:47 - Jul 11 by GeoffSentence

I am stuggling to understand how so many people don't get the concept of being punished for committing a crime whilst serving a suspended sentence.

I don't pay any attention to the chap, but it seems quite straightforward to me why he has been imprisoned.

But surely the punishment has to fit the crime?
Nine months then on 15:57 - Jul 11 with 1722 viewsfooters

Nine months then on 15:54 - Jul 11 by crunchie1978

But surely the punishment has to fit the crime?

It does. Which is why there is precedent in law and sentencing. People don't just make things up to upset you and Tommeh.

Nine months then on 15:58 - Jul 11 with 1719 viewsWeWereZombies

Nine months then on 15:48 - Jul 11 by Nazemariner

I'm not sure i played a card of any kind?

So that is you playing the 'what do you mean?' card now. You know full well that I was pointing out the hypocrisy of protesting about what you saw were snap judgements on the individual by making a slur about his height. Might be the time to take a step back and think about what you really mean to say.

Nine months then on 16:03 - Jul 11 with 1705 viewscrunchie1978

Nine months then on 15:57 - Jul 11 by footers

It does. Which is why there is precedent in law and sentencing. People don't just make things up to upset you and Tommeh.

Well as hes been jailed he wont pay the costs.
Surely a massive fine and to pay the court costs would of been more damaging to him....and better for the tax payer.
They simply do just want him out the way....let's see what gulag he gets sent to.
Nine months then on 16:04 - Jul 11 with 1700 viewsNazemariner

Nine months then on 15:58 - Jul 11 by WeWereZombies

So that is you playing the 'what do you mean?' card now. You know full well that I was pointing out the hypocrisy of protesting about what you saw were snap judgements on the individual by making a slur about his height. Might be the time to take a step back and think about what you really mean to say.

I understand that you short fellas are a little sensitive so i apologise.

Joking aside, this is why i normally have the football only threads on display. These sort of threads quickly take on a condescending tone if you don't agree with the majority. Once the grammar police roll in you know things have lost their way.
Nine months then on 16:05 - Jul 11 with 1699 viewsfooters

Nine months then on 16:03 - Jul 11 by crunchie1978

Well as hes been jailed he wont pay the costs.
Surely a massive fine and to pay the court costs would of been more damaging to him....and better for the tax payer.
They simply do just want him out the way....let's see what gulag he gets sent to.

Sigh.

Nine months then on 16:11 - Jul 11 with 1687 viewsWeWereZombies

Nine months then on 16:04 - Jul 11 by Nazemariner

I understand that you short fellas are a little sensitive so i apologise.

Joking aside, this is why i normally have the football only threads on display. These sort of threads quickly take on a condescending tone if you don't agree with the majority. Once the grammar police roll in you know things have lost their way.

It's all right, short as I am (actually average adult height) I don't mind. Sorry if I came in a bit two footed but I was trying to make clear how easy it is to slip into judgements about people through using dismissive language. crunchie has a point about equal treatment before the law but there have been explanations regarding the apparent harshness of Yaxley-Lennon's sentence. As Herbivore has said, a lack of contrition may cause a sentencing magistrate to impose a more rigorous punishment.

Nine months then on 16:12 - Jul 11 with 1688 viewsartsbossbeard

I'm a bit concerned that Thomas appears to have reinvented himself as a journalist if his followers on Facebook/twitter/here are to believed.

Mugs, the lot of them.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Nine months then on 16:13 - Jul 11 with 1677 viewsNazemariner

Nine months then on 16:12 - Jul 11 by artsbossbeard

I'm a bit concerned that Thomas appears to have reinvented himself as a journalist if his followers on Facebook/twitter/here are to believed.

Mugs, the lot of them.

If Donald can be President, and Boris can be PM, then why not?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024