Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else suspicious of these findings? 12:34 - Jul 11 with 677 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48949073

VAR will one day be superb. But at the moment it's a shambles. 2/3 of EFL fans want it? Really!

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Anyone else suspicious of these findings? on 12:41 - Jul 11 with 652 viewsSteve_M

It will never be superb because too many decisions in football are subjective.

Yes, I don't find those figures convincing either - most football fans I know who watch the game regularly hate the concept. I do note though that this might include goal line technology, a simple fix which has the advantage of being both instantaneous and not affecting the flow of the match.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anyone else suspicious of these findings? on 12:44 - Jul 11 with 645 viewsJ2BLUE

Someone has an agenda. It's blindingly obvious that goal line technology and VAR are apples and oranges. Bundling them together is a clever way of skewing the results. No way that many support VAR.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone else suspicious of these findings? on 12:49 - Jul 11 with 635 viewsRonFearonsHair

61% think it should be used at all times and wherever possible.
40% think it should only be used for decisions inside the penalty [area].

No. Not suspicious at all..

Edit - ah, I see they have presented a yes/no question as a 'to what extent'. So anyone who partially agrees counts as fully agreeing.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2019 12:51]
Anyone else suspicious of these findings? on 12:50 - Jul 11 with 627 viewsNazemariner

What do they count as an EFL fan?

I'm sure if they surveyed people who attended matches they'd see a very different outcome.

What does that matter though. It's all about the tellybox isn't it?
Anyone else suspicious of these findings? on 12:58 - Jul 11 with 600 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Anyone else suspicious of these findings? on 12:41 - Jul 11 by Steve_M

It will never be superb because too many decisions in football are subjective.

Yes, I don't find those figures convincing either - most football fans I know who watch the game regularly hate the concept. I do note though that this might include goal line technology, a simple fix which has the advantage of being both instantaneous and not affecting the flow of the match.

I can see it being superb if they get to a point where a VAR ref is watching the match from multiple ankles at 5-10 second intervals behind the play and can immediately advise the ref when something obvious has been missed (a trip, elbow, handball etc) and can leave the ref to it the rest of the time.

Like you, I am sceptical as to whether the powers that be would have any interest in what makes football enjoyable for the fans, rather than just making sure the more marketable sides have more opportunities to progress.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024