Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nydam 14:25 - Jul 11 with 3443 viewsBluefish

Please can we try and get him a decent loan move this year. I tried saying we should have loaned Dozzell last season and Hurst clearly wanted to but I believe the fan reaction led Evan's to intervene. Both of their careers have gone backwards last year, it is hard to know when a loan move is right and Nydam didn't seem to do a lot wrong at SJ he just wasnt given the chances. I am a big fan of Nydam but bit part utility player will not help him this season. Just like bit part anywhere in midfield didn't help Andre last season.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Nydam on 14:30 - Jul 11 with 3426 viewsitfcjoe

I'd have him in as left back, ahead of Kenlock.

No way into the midfield here even if he has a great loan season, which would be unlikely with the way that system works anyway.

He has a much higher ceiling as a footballer than Kenlock, get him in.

Note - I have seen the Garbutt news and think it's a bad move

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Nydam on 14:41 - Jul 11 with 3382 viewschicoazul

We should loan him out yes, but let's remember he couldnt get in a Scottish side last season. Still time I suppose, but hard to see where he fits in with 3 in midfield.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Nydam on 14:42 - Jul 11 with 3377 viewsBluefish

Nydam on 14:30 - Jul 11 by itfcjoe

No way into the midfield here even if he has a great loan season, which would be unlikely with the way that system works anyway.

I realised afterwards that I didn't mention the post is off the back of the Garbutt story

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Nydam on 14:43 - Jul 11 with 3368 viewschicoazul

Why? Isnt Garbutt any good? I have no idea.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Nydam on 14:45 - Jul 11 with 3362 viewsitfcjoe

Nydam on 14:41 - Jul 11 by chicoazul

We should loan him out yes, but let's remember he couldnt get in a Scottish side last season. Still time I suppose, but hard to see where he fits in with 3 in midfield.

The problem with loans is they are so hit and miss. He effectively went to St J to back up their captain (Youth Cup winning captain Liam Craig), but Craig played every game so he never got a chance.

Similar to Jack Marriott's 'failed' loan spell at Gillingham, he went to replace a striker who was having a hernia op and after move dcided to delay it until end of season so chance gone. Loan looks a failure.

It's a really poor system, especially now the big boys have such clout they can dictate that a player plays or there are severe financial penalties.

Now we are in L1 we are almost too far down the pyramid to have loans out and them be worthwhile

Nydam on 14:50 - Jul 11 with 3343 viewsitfcjoe

Nydam on 14:43 - Jul 11 by chicoazul

Why? Isnt Garbutt any good? I have no idea.

He looked good a few years back but his career seems to have just stalled. Oxford fans last year thought he was awful at left back and he ended up dropped before coming in and doing well as a left midfielder.

26 now and not established himself in top 2 tiers and still living off about 50 England youth caps.

He probably is an upgrade on Kenlock but he's not a long term solution in any way. Be better off trying to develop someone or sign someone permanently

Nydam on 14:53 - Jul 11 with 3322 viewsITFC_Forever

Nydam on 14:50 - Jul 11 by itfcjoe

He looked good a few years back but his career seems to have just stalled. Oxford fans last year thought he was awful at left back and he ended up dropped before coming in and doing well as a left midfielder.

26 now and not established himself in top 2 tiers and still living off about 50 England youth caps.

He probably is an upgrade on Kenlock but he's not a long term solution in any way. Be better off trying to develop someone or sign someone permanently

He's another one like Pennington.

Been tied to a top 10 Prem club for too long to be classed as a promising youngster, will never break in to their first team and has not been good enough for someone to come in and buy him.

Pennington is 24, Garbutt is 26.... their careers are wasting away.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Nydam on 14:57 - Jul 11 with 3301 viewsTractorJack

Nydam on 14:45 - Jul 11 by itfcjoe

The problem with loans is they are so hit and miss. He effectively went to St J to back up their captain (Youth Cup winning captain Liam Craig), but Craig played every game so he never got a chance.

Similar to Jack Marriott's 'failed' loan spell at Gillingham, he went to replace a striker who was having a hernia op and after move dcided to delay it until end of season so chance gone. Loan looks a failure.

It's a really poor system, especially now the big boys have such clout they can dictate that a player plays or there are severe financial penalties.

Now we are in L1 we are almost too far down the pyramid to have loans out and them be worthwhile

Agreed, not fair to judge him on that at all. This is why it's a great idea to have a Loan Manager. Norwich have seen a lot of success for this reason.
Login to get fewer ads

Nydam on 14:58 - Jul 11 with 3291 viewsFPL_Tractor

Nydam on 14:50 - Jul 11 by itfcjoe

Could he be an option on the left wing too then? We have a gap there too.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Nydam on 14:59 - Jul 11 with 3289 viewsBlueBadger

Nydam on 14:57 - Jul 11 by TractorJack

Agreed, not fair to judge him on that at all. This is why it's a great idea to have a Loan Manager. Norwich have seen a lot of success for this reason.

I like the idea of getting a manager in on loan, I'm not sure the current one's up to the job of first-team....

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Nydam on 15:01 - Jul 11 with 3272 viewsElderGrizzly

Garbutt is a bad move if we don’t have a permanent deal lined up.

He has a higher ceiling than Nydam and Kenlock, but agree with you i’d rather see Nydam at LB than Kenlock
Nydam on 15:03 - Jul 11 with 3263 viewsITFC_Forever

Nydam on 14:59 - Jul 11 by BlueBadger

I like the idea of getting a manager in on loan, I'm not sure the current one's up to the job of first-team....

You're a year late with that post.

Whether it's still applicable remains to be seen.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Nydam on 15:04 - Jul 11 with 3257 viewsitfcjoe

Nydam on 15:01 - Jul 11 by ElderGrizzly

Garbutt is a bad move if we don’t have a permanent deal lined up.

He has a higher ceiling than Nydam and Kenlock, but agree with you i’d rather see Nydam at LB than Kenlock

He's 26, and is still in League 1 - this probably is his ceiling.

And no way will we have a permanent deal lined up

Nydam on 15:23 - Jul 11 with 3206 viewsjudespiveyg

It's difficult to say as he hasn't got much hope of getting into our midfield, yet he looked a pretty decent, if a little raw, championship midfielder in 17/18 during the dozen or so appearances so you'd think he'd be capable enough in league 1. Maybe a loan to another league 1 club? Don't reckon he'll be back up left back if Garbutt's in.
As for Dozzell, I imagine he'll be starting alongside Bishop on the opening day given Nolan and Huws' uncertain fitness.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Nydam on 15:44 - Jul 11 with 3160 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I would rather keep him and let him compete for a place.

He is more than capable of playing a part in League 1.

His versatility could be a real asset.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Nydam on 15:45 - Jul 11 with 3159 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Have an uppie. Not sure why this was downvoted.

Agree re Garbutt, doesnt have a great CV. But people seem excited because he is from Everton.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Nydam on 16:04 - Jul 11 with 3110 viewschristiand

I reckon he’s got a chance of starting at LB this season.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Nydam on 18:01 - Jul 11 with 2984 viewsWestcountryblue

Nydam on 15:45 - Jul 11 by Marshalls_Mullet

Have an uppie. Not sure why this was downvoted.

Agree re Garbutt, doesnt have a great CV. But people seem excited because he is from Everton.

He plays left back and left wing and we only have 2 naturally left footed wide players at the club currently.

Good player, experienced at this level and will provide depth and versatility.
Nydam on 18:10 - Jul 11 with 2966 viewsKeaneish

I'd rather he stayed and shadowed Alan Judge for the first half the season to be honest. Give him the carabao cup, EFL Trophy, U23s and games from the bench and send him out second half with a 24 hour recall.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Nydam on 18:26 - Jul 11 with 2939 viewsMullet

Nydam on 18:10 - Jul 11 by Keaneish

I'd rather he stayed and shadowed Alan Judge for the first half the season to be honest. Give him the carabao cup, EFL Trophy, U23s and games from the bench and send him out second half with a 24 hour recall.

Why would he shadow Judge per se? Totally different players, attributes and roles thus far. Converting Dozzell to a winger and TN to an attacking midfielder seems up there with the suggestions that are most odd.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Nydam on 20:37 - Jul 11 with 2837 viewsKeaneish

Nydam on 18:26 - Jul 11 by Mullet

Why would he shadow Judge per se? Totally different players, attributes and roles thus far. Converting Dozzell to a winger and TN to an attacking midfielder seems up there with the suggestions that are most odd.

Roles yes but I see plenty of similar attributes all be it of different experience and quality. There's no natural back-up to Judge and Nydam is good with the ball at his feet, quick on the turn with a low centre of gravity and likes to get forward. I think this would be a good spot for him.

No chance he's getting a regular run of games in those central spots and he's now third choice left back. It's hardly a big leap converting a central midfielder to a slightly more advanced attacking midfielder - think you're being a touch melodramatic.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2019 6:14]

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Nydam on 21:05 - Jul 11 with 2800 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"I believe the fan reaction led Evan's to intervene".

Any reason to believe that? Why would he have let Hurst spend what he did on who he did but then told Hurst he couldn't make that call?

Far more likely that, if Hurst wanted him to go out on loan and lined something up, Dozzell was the one to say no if anyone did. Up to the manager to persuade the player it is in their interests really isn't it?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024