Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Get behind your country... 15:13 - Jul 11 with 887 viewsitfcjoe

https://t.co/U9HY2Qcauw

James Dyson, the British inventor and prominent Brexit supporter, has bought a luxury flat in Singapore that is said to be the country’s most expensive penthouse, months after controversially relocating his company’s headquarters to the city-state. 

The asking price for the penthouse is listed at S$108m (US$79m) on the developer’s website, however, local media have reported that the billionaire paid S$73.8m for the property.

Sir James and his wife have reportedly become Singapore permanent residents, according to the Business Times

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Get behind your country... on 15:16 - Jul 11 with 861 viewsBlueBadger

It's clear that Brexiteers ARE behind their country. It's what they're doing to it from behind that's the problem...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Get behind your country... on 15:18 - Jul 11 with 846 viewswkj

Get behind your country... on 15:16 - Jul 11 by BlueBadger

It's clear that Brexiteers ARE behind their country. It's what they're doing to it from behind that's the problem...

Wait until the Boris bukkake kicks off

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Get behind your country... on 15:21 - Jul 11 with 831 viewsfooters

If WTO rules are good enough for China then they're surely good enough for the UK too.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Get behind your country... on 15:25 - Jul 11 with 811 viewsfactual_blue

'Singapore follows a single-tier corporate tax system, where tax paid by a company on its profits is not imputed to the shareholders (i.e. dividends are tax free). Singapore personal tax rates start at 0% and are capped at 22% (above S$320,000) for residents and a flat rate of 15% to 22% for non-residents.'

So james will, as a permanent resident, draw a salary of S$320,00. As will his wife.

He will take the rest of his income as dividends.

I hope he's remembered to change his will to make sure he's buried in Singapore and not the UK.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Get behind your country... on 15:39 - Jul 11 with 789 viewsGeoffSentence

He has to be in line for the Nobel Hypocrisy Prize.

On top of all you mentioned, he also made a wonderful speech about the virtues of manufacturing in Britain, sayiing how important it was to make stuff in Britain, and moved his manufacturing to the far east.

Tim Martin might be a grade A dick, but for my money James Dyson beats him in the business brexit w@nkery stakes.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Get behind your country... on 15:48 - Jul 11 with 775 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I agree that its hypocritical.

Although he does remain one of the largest private landowners in the UK.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Get behind your country... on 18:10 - Jul 11 with 687 viewsDubtractor

What a c@nt.

If you'll excuse the profanity.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024