Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) 19:08 - Jul 11 with 6858 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 15:28 - Jul 12 with 2844 viewsSomethingBlue

... is what nobody ever said.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 18:29 - Jul 12 with 2815 viewsJ2BLUE

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 15:28 - Jul 12 by SomethingBlue

... is what nobody ever said.

It's an odd one to take issue with as well. We're on a budget, he can cover LB where we are short and apparently excels on the wing. Can also play wing back which allows us to play three of our midfield. If we're going to use loans then this is the ideal kind.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 14:55 - Jul 29 with 2706 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

LOL

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 14:55 - Jul 29 with 2703 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 19:49 - Jul 11 by J2BLUE

I'm not that petty.

Unfortunately I am!

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 15:24 - Jul 29 with 2663 viewsITFCBlues

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 14:55 - Jul 29 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

LOL

He always said it'd be 1 or 2?

The keeper couldn't be avoided with the situation surrounding Barts move ending up as a loan.

If anymore follow, then there's the right be voice concern. As it is, I'd say this is ok

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 15:25 - Jul 29 with 2662 viewsjudespiveyg

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 14:55 - Jul 29 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

LOL

1-2 we now have, plus a back up keeper which barely counts. Still see this as true to his word.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 15:27 - Jul 29 with 2653 viewsSpruceMoose

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 19:48 - Jul 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Like I’ve ever had credibility anyway!

Not true. Seeing that you were on Bully's ignore list made me think that maybe I'd got you all wrong! X

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 15:43 - Jul 29 with 2633 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 15:25 - Jul 29 by judespiveyg

1-2 we now have, plus a back up keeper which barely counts. Still see this as true to his word.

Well obviously we will only end up with 1 or 2 if you decide some of them don’t count

Login to get fewer ads

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 15:48 - Jul 29 with 2621 viewsjudespiveyg

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 15:43 - Jul 29 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Well obviously we will only end up with 1 or 2 if you decide some of them don’t count

A guy who may well play 0 games? Yeah I'm right in saying he doesn't count.

Admittedly have no idea if he's any good just basing this off the fact Holy will be starting.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 15:48 - Jul 29 with 2618 viewsMrTown

LOL

But there is no problem in having 3 loans?

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 16:12 - Jul 29 with 2590 viewsJ2BLUE

Unfortunately I am!

You spaffed your load early and got it wrong. You then pretended you meant something else Now you're claiming victory because we've loaned a back up keeper after loaning our own keeper. Technically you're right but i'd have waited until we signed another 1-2 loans before bumping this thread!

Truly impaired.

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 16:12 - Jul 29 with 2590 viewshaynes_toe1

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 15:43 - Jul 29 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

It would be more forgivable if Lambert had shown last season he actually knew, when he had some money, which players to sign for us to put up even a tenth of a fight into staying up. Either the players couldnt make much of a difference or Lambert couldnt get anything out of them.

Other than Norwood I find our summer dealings far from successful. The good news is our squad in general is competitive and even Lambert should have us hanging around the top 2.
‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 19:04 - Jul 29 with 2532 viewsTerry_Nutkins

I'm embarrassed for you that you are taking some sort of victory in this. A back up keeper, and 2 signings that will be fighting for an actual contract with us! Hardly the issue Lambert was talking about previously. Engage brain.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 19:05 - Jul 29 with 2532 viewsTrequartista

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 15:48 - Jul 29 by judespiveyg

Admittedly have no idea if he's any good just basing this off the fact Holy will be starting.

Wolves have not loaned us a player to play 0 games.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 19:09 - Jul 29 with 2529 viewsTrequartista

LOL

No-one would mind a couple of premier league starlets as they have tended to be our best players in recent seasons, even taking into account they will be one year less developed now we are in league one. It's the journeymen that we thought were not coming anymore.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 19:34 - Jul 29 with 2499 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 16:12 - Jul 29 by J2BLUE

You spaffed your load early and got it wrong. You then pretended you meant something else Now you're claiming victory because we've loaned a back up keeper after loaning our own keeper. Technically you're right but i'd have waited until we signed another 1-2 loans before bumping this thread!

You can think what you want but I’ve posted on here a number of years and always been happy to hold my hands up when wrong. Post was made deliberately early as it was blindingly obvious Garbutt wasn’t going to be the only loanee

And similarly it’s obvious now that there will be at least one more, if not 2, before the window shuts. But I’m sure that will be justified too and not a case that Lambert was just saying some lovey soundbites in January to please the fans

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 19:37 - Jul 29 with 2493 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 19:04 - Jul 29 by Terry_Nutkins

I'm embarrassed for you that you are taking some sort of victory in this. A back up keeper, and 2 signings that will be fighting for an actual contract with us! Hardly the issue Lambert was talking about previously. Engage brain.

I look forward to Garbutt and Elliott signing permanent deals next Summer, just like Keane, Elder and countless others down the years

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 19:37 - Jul 29 with 2491 viewsJ2BLUE

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 19:34 - Jul 29 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

You can think what you want but I’ve posted on here a number of years and always been happy to hold my hands up when wrong. Post was made deliberately early as it was blindingly obvious Garbutt wasn’t going to be the only loanee

And similarly it’s obvious now that there will be at least one more, if not 2, before the window shuts. But I’m sure that will be justified too and not a case that Lambert was just saying some lovey soundbites in January to please the fans

Perhaps naive from Lambert. Evans had a list of three players which would have been permanent. As Joe said earlier it doesn't take a genius to work out why this always happens.

Truly impaired.

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 19:38 - Jul 29 with 2490 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 15:48 - Jul 29 by judespiveyg

Possibly one of the worst arguments I’ve seen on TWTD, up there with ‘Judge was still recovering from injury when he joined us’

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 20:29 - Jul 29 with 2457 viewsFelstow1978

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 19:09 - Jul 11 by TractorCam

He never said this.

You mean he actually missed a chance to spout yet more bollox?

Poll: Isn't it time that HRH Shesgotmyballsinherhand stops feeling the need to preach?

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 20:49 - Jul 29 with 2432 viewsLankHenners

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 19:34 - Jul 29 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Congrats on the Nostradamus-esq predictions of a football manager saying one thing then doing another and Ipswich Town Football Club büggering about in the transfer window before rushing in some loans/frees at the end of it.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 22:15 - Jul 29 with 2362 viewshaynes_toe1

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 20:49 - Jul 29 by LankHenners

Congrats on the Nostradamus-esq predictions of a football manager saying one thing then doing another and Ipswich Town Football Club büggering about in the transfer window before rushing in some loans/frees at the end of it.

Whens the last time we actually had a proper decent transfer window under Evan's?

I dont even mean season. Just window.
‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 23:15 - Jul 29 with 2340 viewsThatMuhrenCross

Garbutt is more like a permanent signing with a one year contract. If he’s any good he’ll stay.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 07:20 - Jul 30 with 2309 viewstextbackup

WHAt managers want, and what they get under this chairman is two different things

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024